Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ramadan Resolutions

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Assalamalykum,

With Ramadan right around the corner I thought it’d be a good idea if we could make a resolution this Ramadan to improve ourselves spiritually.

Every Ramadan I try to either take up a good habit or drop a bad habit I have, not just for the 30 days but I make a promise to make that change permanent as a gift to my own soul.

It could be anything, you could make a resolution to read one page of Quran per day everyday or you could stop listening to music or you could even make a resolution to tweak your mentality a bit and for example not think negatively about others or to place more trust in Allah in order to reduce stress. 

Begin with something small and manageable that you really believe you can accomplish and InshAllah with the proper intention Allah will help you make that change and some. 

So comment on what you’d like to change and InshAllah it’ll inspire others and give them ideas as well. 

All the best and may you all have a blessed Ramadan :) 

• Veteran Member

I am trying to control what is called khotorat (what comes into one's mind and heart). For example, avoiding dhan (suspicion), considering others better than myself, justifying others' actions as much as possible etc.

I think we underestimate these things and don't know what blessings we acheive if clarifying our hearts and minds from sheitani khotorat.