Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What is your worldview as a Muslim? Sunni or Shia

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

I am currently writing a research paper on the People of Pakistan and have been asked to define their worldview, culture, and beliefs. I am very curious to know what the Islamic worldview is from your perspectives - Pakistani or not, I want to hear from everyone who would like to share. Thank you!

• Development Team

Hi Sophia, 

I'm from India. 

The world is dominated by Muslims of various sects. The majority does not have correct understanding of the religion and are constantly after material world. The culture is unique to the region and it's assimilation with other cultures is rarely seen. 

• Basic Members

Thank you @Sirius_Bright. That is very good insight. Would you say that Islam is followed mainly because it is a part of the culture or would you say it is usually a personal choice?

• Development Team
4 hours ago, SophiaS said:

Thank you @Sirius_Bright. That is very good insight. Would you say that Islam is followed mainly because it is a part of the culture or would you say it is usually a personal choice?

Both. People have been following what their parents and forefathers believed in. But there are also many conversions happening everyday. So, it's their choice as well. 

Guest The Iceman.

Some people are born and raised as Muslims. They belong to a Shia Family or Sunni. As they grow up they develop a mindset. Then they go by that mindset. What ever is according to it they accept it and try to justify it. And what ever goes against it they reject it and try to refute it. Muslims seem to stick to their own sect and school of thought. And what ever they see, hear or are told about the other they seem to accept and believe in it, rather than looking into things based on research and studies. Muslims are more into accusing the other rather than learning about them. There is less patience and tolerance amongst Muslims. More of accusing and proving the other wrong, rather than accepting and treating the other right. Muslims see each other differently and separately, rather than seeing each other as the same and equal. Muslims focus more on their sect which causes division, rather than on Islam which promotes unity. I think it all boils down to where you get and take Islam from. At the end it's the source and link.

• Advanced Member

This is interesting, a worldview of a Muslim? writing Sunni or Shi'a afterwards is misleading or rather confusing as to whether the worldview is Shi'a or Sunni or it seems to be asking or offering a choice between the two or ridiculing them.

But well alhamdulillah for Ahl'ul Sunnat wal jamaat

Ahl'ul Bait(عليه السلام)

Alhamdulillah.

my personal world view as a Muslim is that these robes will never be taken down ia.

Personal choice.