Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Do we believe in the concept of ‘twin flames’ in Shia Islam? Are there any references anyone could give me?  There is plenty of information on the internet about ‘twin flames’ so I won’t define the term. Many thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aflower said:

Do we believe in the concept of ‘twin flames’ in Shia Islam? Are there any references anyone could give me?  There is plenty of information on the internet about ‘twin flames’ so I won’t define the term. Many thanks. 

I personally believe in it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just sounds like a extravagant way of talking about two people who have a strong connection.

The stuff about a soul splitting and landing in different bodies is not something I've come across from and Islamic point of view. Other than hadith which talk about the Prophet and hz Ali sharing a soul/ same light. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this hadith. Kind of fits the twin flame theory.

A’ishah, the Prophet’s wife, narrated a hadith, thatshe heard from the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), which gives us a glimpse of the nature of the soul and clears some of the vague feelings that we might find:

“Souls are like conscripted soldiers; those whom they recognize, they get along with, and those whom they do not recognize, they will not get along with” (Al-Bukhari).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 10:31 PM, Warilla said:

Found this hadith. Kind of fits the twin flame theory.

A’ishah, the Prophet’s wife, narrated a hadith, thatshe heard from the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), which gives us a glimpse of the nature of the soul and clears some of the vague feelings that we might find:

“Souls are like conscripted soldiers; those whom they recognize, they get along with, and those whom they do not recognize, they will not get along with” (Al-Bukhari).

Thank you for looking into it. Much appreciated! 
 

Could anyone else offer any insight? 

Edited by Aflower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our soul comes from God in all its purity and with time, our worldly desires corrupt it with darkness. Some of our souls are clearer than others, much like a frequency, it can be received and transmitted, depending on the clarity of that frequency, a connection can be made between one person and another. Just like our beloved Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) came with a message that clicked and touched many people around him, our souls have the power to influence, but also be influenced. 

From a mystical approach, if my memory serves me correct regarding a narration I cannot recall precisely nor reference, our souls were split from God's infinite essence, long before we entered this materialistic world. It is possible for souls to meet before this life, based on that narration. This could make sense if you put into account that man accepted to be tested. I would definitely appreciate the criticism if I am disregarding or overseeing something in the Quran which would invalidate the aforementioned narration. 

Edited by A_A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2020 at 1:42 AM, Warilla said:

Just sounds like a extravagant way of talking about two people who have a strong connection.

The stuff about a soul splitting and landing in different bodies is not something I've come across from and Islamic point of view. Other than hadith which talk about the Prophet and hz Ali sharing a soul/ same light. 

I think soul is different from light. The traditions usually use the word light (english). I am unsure if it is “rooh” or what the word may be in arabic.

 

I believe the light of Ahlul Bayt came first, then every other creation/concept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read about it after your thread. 

I think Islam talks of kindered souls quite often, about how those who are friends of Allah love and feel for each other etc. So I would think that one may have several kindered souls with whom they "connect".

The danger with putting too much emphasis on filling this "void" or emptiness that one feels because of not being with a kindered soul is that one may fail to recognize that this is a hunger arising from the fitrah that needs and can only be filled by Allah. Once that void is filled, the other voids/emptiness become easier to handle.

A lot of youth, and even older people experience pangs of this emptiness in their life, sometimes after having married a so called "twin flame". If they do not realise that it is Allah that their soul is seeking, they may end up jeopardising or destroying their marriage or other relationship, career etc trying to fill that gap.

Re read the story of Lady Zulekha and the anguish she brought upon herself and others by mistakenly identifying the fitrah's thirst for God with her carnal desire for nabi Yusuf (عليه السلام).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...