Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why Shia believe in family tree?

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

"I am not so good in English" but I research a lot of thing in my language. And discuss a lot of thing with a Shia Master.

____

"Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things."

— The Qur'an – Chapter 33 Verse 40

Here it's clear that in the future anyone can declared  that he is the successor of Mohammed (s). That's why Allah sent this message to the world.

Sunni Muslim loves everyone - 4 khalifa and also the other members of Ali (a) s family. And Ali (a) was alive when Abu bakar siddiq  became a khalifa. So why he didn't tell anything?

And khalifa means the head of Muslim state.
Believes that khalifas ruined Mohammads (s) family tree. It also would be natural (family tree). So who will be the khalifa or head of state of Islamic country in the absence of Muhammad's (s) family tree? 
  • Advanced Member

It's probably better to ask the "Shia master" in your own language.

But look at the whole Qur'an and context of verse.

Also few things to read about

Hadith thaqlain

And verse of ulil amr.

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Warilla said:

It's probably better to ask the "Shia master" in your own language.

What about asking the Master(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) of the 'shi'a master' in your own language?

For the 'shi'a master' might be astray like cattle, heedless

you do not need to know Arabic(not the language but the message) to know Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Nabi Isa(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) wasn't Arabic for example & mastering Arabic or theology doesn't mean the mastering of the path whereas issues like sincerity or purity were brought up you'll find man wanting as those are not according to man but Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

Islam is true, sayid is a liar by claiming to be ulil amr

Edited by Mzwakhe
Ulil amr
  • Advanced Member
On 4/11/2020 at 7:31 AM, Mzwakhe said:

mastering Arabic or theology doesn't mean the mastering of the path

What path do you mean ? 

Mastering Arabic is a great achievement and would give you the tools to read Qur'an not just a translation/interpretation.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Warilla said:

What path do you mean ? 

His(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Path which is different from path towards Him(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

2 hours ago, Warilla said:

Mastering Arabic is a great achievement and would give you the tools to read Qur'an not just a translation/interpretation.

This is true for reading but not always true for the understanding of the application of the interpretation & Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows best.

alhamdulillah.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members
On 4/10/2020 at 4:17 PM, Rakib said:

"I am not so good in English" but I research a lot of thing in my language. And discuss a lot of thing with a Shia Master.

____

"Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things."

— The Qur'an – Chapter 33 Verse 40

Here it's clear that in the future anyone can declared  that he is the successor of Mohammed (s). That's why Allah sent this message to the world.

Sunni Muslim loves everyone - 4 khalifa and also the other members of Ali (a) s family. And Ali (a) was alive when Abu bakar siddiq  became a khalifa. So why he didn't tell anything?

I understand how eager you are to understand why Shia Muslims believe that the Ahlulbayt should have been the successors to the prophet. I would like to suggest that you read Surat Al-Ma'idah, and focus on Ayah number 67, which reads the following:

"O Messenger, announce that which has been revealed to you from your Lord, and if you do not, then you have not conveyed His message. And Allah will protect you from the people. Indeed, Allah does not guide the disbelieving people."

This ayah, with agreement from both Sunnis and Shias, was revealed to the prophet on the day of Ghadeer Khum, where one of the well-known and trusted companions named Abi Saeed Al-Khudri stated that this ayah was revealed on that day, and that the Rasul (صَلَّىٰ ٱللَّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّمَ) on this day spoke to the companions about Al-Thaqalayn, the two weighty things that we as believers must follow in order to not go astray. 

You will find many explanations of this Ayah with links to Sunni hadith books too.