Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
eThErEaL

Certitude / Certainty

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Certainty is something that Muslims aspire to and many attain.

(And I just realized this is in the 'Atheism/Other Religions' section, hehe.  Sorry I don't know how to delete this post).

Regards,
your brother

Edited by AlmondJoy680

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AlmondJoy680 said:

Certainty is something that Muslims aspire to and many attain.

Regards,
your brother

Don't they have to be certain about something to begin with? 

Edited by eThErEaL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eThErEaL said:

Don't they have to be certain about something to begin with? 

Certainty about logic.  Certainty about love.  Though subjects pertaining to such are not well discussed until the servitude to one's parents has been accomplished.  For love endures logic and logic bestowed before love is prone to discern other aspects of life.

Regards,
Ahmed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

What is certitude / certainty?

Is there such a thing?

What is there certainty of.. if anything?  

 

 

Brother are you going through an existential crisis :cryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

What is certitude / certainty?

Is there such a thing?

What is there certainty of.. if anything?  

 

 

Certainty for me came through credibility.

The Qur'an has stood the test of time and has been a book which through I establish any form of certainty I may reach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certitude is witnessing the Truth guided by the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and Maula Ali (عليه السلام) through Tawhid.  It is beyond texts, description, history, or rationality.  It is a "shahadat".

Either you have it or you don't.  If you don't, you are considered as a blind person (eventhough you may have eyes) and not seeing the Truth and you are loss totally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, layman said:

Certitude is witnessing the Truth guided by the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and Maula Ali (عليه السلام) through Tawhid.  It is beyond texts, description, history, or rationality.  It is a "shahadat".

Either you have it or you don't.  If you don't, you are considered as a blind person (eventhough you may have eyes) and not seeing the Truth and you are loss totally.

you have it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, layman said:

Certitude is witnessing the Truth guided by the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and Maula Ali (عليه السلام) through Tawhid.  It is beyond texts, description, history, or rationality.  It is a "shahadat".

Either you have it or you don't.  If you don't, you are considered as a blind person (eventhough you may have eyes) and not seeing the Truth and you are loss totally.

For an individual who is non-Muslim how may they reach “Shahadat” without texts, description, history, and or rationality?

If it is merely through “witnessing” then many also claim to have witnessed the truth such as the Christians who believe in the trinity and their testimony is that you must have faith in the trinity in order to believe it, because it cannot be rationalized as stated by Thomas Aquinas.

I must say that I disagree with you if you’re following such rhetoric.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

What is certitude / certainty?

Is there such a thing?

What is there certainty of.. if anything?  

We only have certainty of our awareness. The rest is assumed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2020 at 11:09 PM, eThErEaL said:

What is certitude / certainty?

You are your own certitude.  

Quote

What is there certainty of.. if anything?  

You are certain of that fact that you are. There is nothing else to be certain of and nothing else one can be certain of.   So we just be content with this and rest as who you are.  
 

Alhamdulillah.  Laa ilaha ilallah.
 

All praise belongs to this absolutely one reality which can be found in the core of our being (our heart).  This reality is always there waiting for you to discover it.

May God allow us all to see Him within ourselves and to bear witness to His reality.  May God bless us with this on this blessed night of the 15th of Sha’ban.  
 

 

Edited by eThErEaL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

 May God bless us with this on this blessed night of the 15th of Sha’ban.  

May God Hasten the reappearance of the Twelfth Imam (عجل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

So we just be content with this and rest as who you are.  

Everything is predestined?

Do you believe in freewill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

Everything is predestined?

 

There is no need to believe when you can always just be!  
But if you do believe, just see that this belief just is.  There is nothing but that which is.  There is nothing but Being itself.  
so at all moments, just be!
 

Quote

Do you believe in freewill?

Be free from belief.  Just be!

Being is freedom itself.  

Edited by eThErEaL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:bismillah:

Surah Al-Haaqqa, Verse 48:
وَإِنَّهُ لَتَذْكِرَةٌ لِّلْمُتَّقِينَ

And most surely it is a reminder for those who guard (against evil).
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Haaqqa, Verse 49:
وَإِنَّا لَنَعْلَمُ أَنَّ مِنكُم مُّكَذِّبِينَ

And most surely We know that some of you are rejecters.
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Haaqqa, Verse 50:
وَإِنَّهُ لَحَسْرَةٌ عَلَى الْكَافِرِينَ

And most surely it is a great grief to the unbelievers.
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Haaqqa, Verse 51:
وَإِنَّهُ لَحَقُّ الْيَقِينِ

And most surely it is the true certainty
(English - Shakir)

Just be the Qur'an e Natiq, if you can to taste the true certainty (Haqqul Yaqeen).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

May God Hasten the reappearance of the Twelfth Imam (عجل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف)

To whom appears all that which appears? This “whom” is that which already is.  This is where the Imam (عليه السلام) already is.  He is in ghaybah only in our ignorance or because one keeps on ignoring this. 

Edited by eThErEaL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cool said:

:bismillah:

Surah Al-Haaqqa, Verse 48:
وَإِنَّهُ لَتَذْكِرَةٌ لِّلْمُتَّقِينَ

And most surely it is a reminder for those who guard (against evil).
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Haaqqa, Verse 49:
وَإِنَّا لَنَعْلَمُ أَنَّ مِنكُم مُّكَذِّبِينَ

And most surely We know that some of you are rejecters.
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Haaqqa, Verse 50:
وَإِنَّهُ لَحَسْرَةٌ عَلَى الْكَافِرِينَ

And most surely it is a great grief to the unbelievers.
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Haaqqa, Verse 51:
وَإِنَّهُ لَحَقُّ الْيَقِينِ

And most surely it is the true certainty
(English - Shakir)

Just be the Qur'an e Natiq, if you can to taste the true certainty (Haqqul Yaqeen).

Yes.  Exactly, just be!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

You are certain of that fact that you are. There is nothing else to be certain of and nothing else one can be certain of.   So we just be content with this and rest as who you are.  
 

 

13 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

You are your own certitude.  

Anal Haq,

Aham Brahmasmi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...