Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
raza869

Admission age for toddlers in school

Aoa,

My daughter has turned three years last December. In Pakistan, the trend is to admit toddlers of this age to montessori schools . I’m going to admit my daughter in a famous Shia school in Karachi after summer break. However, doesn’t the religion advises us to start schooling from 7 years onward. If I take that extra ordinary decision, what harm am I going to do to my child??

11 hours ago, raza869 said:

Aoa,

My daughter has turned three years last December. In Pakistan, the trend is to admit toddlers of this age to montessori schools . I’m going to admit my daughter in a famous Shia school in Karachi after summer break. However, doesn’t the religion advises us to start schooling from 7 years onward. If I take that extra ordinary decision, what harm am I going to do to my child??

Wsww.

Hmm.. many children from averagely religious Muslim Shia families are literate by the age of 7. Remember the little boy Muhammad Tabatabaee who was a memorizer of Qur'an by age 4?

If your concern is the kind of exposure she will be getting at such a school then you should find her a place that is more suitable for her spiritual and academic development or home school her.

Getting an education before 7 isnt wrong per se. Getting wrong ideals ingrained at that age is what should be avoided.

Agree with above ^

Additionally, education for young children should necessarily be less structured and more fun. Young children learn best through play. 

If you visit a school and see rows of desks and strict teachers, this is not suitable for the development of toddlers, don't enroll your child there.