Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Kalepaceh

Ayatollah reciting the Qur'an.

Rate this topic

If you search on ayatollah Khamenei reciting the Qur'an you would find this:

He is really not that good to recite the Qur'an. Here is another on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXhynUSq4Uk

They are both ayatollahs, and they can't even recite the Qur'an. They have studied Islam more than 10 years! And still they struggle reciting the Qur'an.  

53 minutes ago, Kalepaceh said:

They have studied Islam more than 10 years! And still they struggle reciting the Qur'an.

I fail to see the connection here. They are very old and they are Persians/Azeris. Do you mean struggle in breathing/pacing or in Tajweed or both? Neither are significantly important and neither means they are less studied. Unfortunately, it serves as Sunni propaganda oftentimes (e.g. anti-Majos youtube channel). If anything though, it could show that they were pious since early childhood.

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

Sorry OP, what did you find wrong with the recitation because I didn't see either of them struggling anywhere, like you said. Care to point it out?

1 hour ago, Kalepaceh said:

And still they struggle reciting the Qur'an.  

1 hour ago, starlight said:

Sorry OP, what did you find wrong with the recitation because I didn't see either of them struggling anywhere, like you said. Care to point it out?

OK, know when I see, you are right. They are not struggling reciting the Qur'an. But still they are reciting the Qur'an as it was a book or something. I believe that they could recite the Qur'an way more better. 

1 minute ago, MuhammadFreeman said:

Oh no. A non-Arab has an accent when reciting Arabic. Stone that infidel!

~99% of Muslims whose minds are colonized by the Saudis

Brother I'm an iranian as well, but I'm not talking about the accent.

4 hours ago, Kalepaceh said:

If you search on ayatollah Khamenei reciting the Qur'an you would find this:

He is really not that good to recite the Qur'an. Here is another on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXhynUSq4Uk

They are both ayatollahs, and they can't even recite the Qur'an. They have studied Islam more than 10 years! And still they struggle reciting the Qur'an.  

Hmm.. this may not be competition level recitation, but the pronunciations are correct and do not mess up the meaning and context. Also, he is reciting from memory incase your issue is the getting stuck in one two places. The makhraj is also decent for a non Arab. I have lived in Iran for a while and know that there are some non Arabs who recite with extremely persian makhraj and accent, somewhat akin to desis with strong mother tongue interference, but this is not a good example of a terrible recitation. On the contrary it is quite beautiful and does make you ponder on the meaning of the verses.

1 hour ago, Kalepaceh said:

But still they are reciting the Qur'an as it was a book or something. I believe that they could recite the Qur'an way more better. 

Who says a melodious recitation is necessarily better?  One could even argue that it is worse.

1 hour ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Who says a melodious recitation is necessarily better?  One could even argue that it is worse.

This is second time I'm getting owned on shiachat .

Are you kidding us brother?

On the contrary, he is very good at Qur'an recitation and Arabic.

Also not irrelevant:

Translation via Google:

I bear witness that the Arabic language by Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei is sweet and sound, and that hearing it on his tongue is a thousand times better than hearing it by many Arab rulers. Your opinions are important.

They are not qaari, we can't expect them to recite like an experienced Qur'an reciter. 

Do you expect every scholar to recite Qur'an like Abdul Basit? 

Ulemas expertise are in fiqh and furu e deen, you can go and read there books on fiqh and try to find some mistakes, If you get any then post here and we will discuss.