Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ali2196

Keeping the moustache short

Rate this topic

Salam wa3laykoum, ive seem a couple threads on shiachat and even some marjas say trimming the moustache is Mustahab. Now about myself I’m 22 have a beard inshallah growing it to the length of a fist grasp and have a trimmed Moe. Isn’t it sunnah to trim the moe and if so why do some of us Shia that I know especially the oldies are so against growing a beard in general. Just because it looks like some wahhabis that doesn’t stop the fact that it’s a sunnah of Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). Now if wahhabis shave their beards and grown a moe would these so called Shi’as grow their beards and trim their moes?

it’s annoying cause I want to try my best step by step whatever it is to follow the sunnah of Rasool and ahlul bait but It gets annoying hearing it from family or even randoms at the masjid and I’m sure I’m not the only one. Wears a thobe or abaya instantly gets called Wahhabi wether it’s a joke or not. The youngsters my age are actually trying their best more then the oldies especially in growing beards wanting to learn etc. 

No I don’t look full Saudi style I’m just sick of people telling others including myself to grow our moe. Why is it such a big deal in our community? 

There is culture/mindset of people and there is religion.

In many aspects / specific things culture of some Muslim people goes against religion or religious advise.

For example in regards to the topic of beards and moustaches, but also in regards to marriage and such, where fathers/brothers will be forbidding stuff that would be good for the two potential partners and their potential marriage.

Many of those I belief are because of  (Western) Zionists/Americans and their imperialism and such.
For example they are promoting American culture in clothing and style while discouraging traditional style. 
Some (books) will claim that the reason is because of modern age and globalism and etc, but the important point of the imperialists pushing micro and macro they will not admit.

13 hours ago, Ali2196 said:

Salam wa3laykoum, ive seem a couple threads on shiachat and even some marjas say trimming the moustache is Mustahab. Now about myself I’m 22 have a beard inshallah growing it to the length of a fist grasp and have a trimmed Moe. Isn’t it sunnah to trim the moe and if so why do some of us Shia that I know especially the oldies are so against growing a beard in general. Just because it looks like some wahhabis that doesn’t stop the fact that it’s a sunnah of Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). Now if wahhabis shave their beards and grown a moe would these so called Shi’as grow their beards and trim their moes?

it’s annoying cause I want to try my best step by step whatever it is to follow the sunnah of Rasool and ahlul bait but It gets annoying hearing it from family or even randoms at the masjid and I’m sure I’m not the only one. Wears a thobe or abaya instantly gets called Wahhabi wether it’s a joke or not. The youngsters my age are actually trying their best more then the oldies especially in growing beards wanting to learn etc. 

No I don’t look full Saudi style I’m just sick of people telling others including myself to grow our moe. Why is it such a big deal in our community? 

You are not alone. I don’t understand the logic behind abandoning or shaming a sunnah simply because the other sects claim it too. I think it’s more of a problem in indopak Shias.

20 hours ago, Ali2196 said:

Isn’t it sunnah to trim the moe and if so why do some of us Shia that I know especially the oldies are so against growing a beard in general

Salam Prophet Muhammad (pbu) said to Iranian ambassadors from Yemen to trim their mustaches & grow a normal beard & cut long hairs on their heads also Imam Ali (عليه السلام) said that length of beard must not be more than 4 fingers but Wahabist style for opposing Iranians & Shia Muslims  also in Sunni books said that followers of Shaitan (Horns of Shaitan) sign is shaving their head & having long beard like Wahabi style so if you have a normal moderate style for having beard & mustache it will be acceptable by everyone .

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

20 hours ago, 786:) said:

You are not alone. I don’t understand the logic behind abandoning or shaming a sunnah simply because the other sects claim it too. I think it’s more of a problem in indopak Shias.

Go to your local mosque look at anyone above the age of 30 and 90% of them have a very trimmed beard or some fully shaved. The current trend of 2020 is growing a beard so the younger dudes are doing it so fit in but not because it’s a part of being Muslim. It’s hard to ignore when some of your own family annoy you everyday and like what some others mentioned on the post is it’s lack of awareness no sheik or speaker talks about this. 

13 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam Prophet Muhammad (pbu) said to Iranian ambassadors from Yemen to trim their mustaches & grow a normal beard & cut long hairs on their heads also Imam Ali (عليه السلام) said that length of beard must not be more than 4 fingers but Wahabist style for opposing Iranians & Shia Muslims  also in Sunni books said that followers of Shaitan (Horns of Shaitan) sign is shaving their head & having long beard like Wahabi style so if you have a normal moderate style for having beard & mustache it will be acceptable by everyone .

Can you send me a couple hadiths regarding trimming of the moe so I can start bringing awareness So I can use it against the older generation who think they know everything but actually follow the opposite the sunnah. Look at old pictures of our grandparents/uncle they had a shaved beard and grew the moustache which is the full oppposite lol 

7 minutes ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

Same when I want to grow beard, everyone taunts and some even force, to trim it 
they are unaware of sunnah of Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)

See I know the feeling brother. Even some of my Sunni mates who are over the age of 25 have parents that tell them shave the beard so it’s Not just a Shia problem but it is more common in our community. 

6 hours ago, Ali2196 said:

Can you send me a couple hadiths regarding trimming of the moe so I can start bringing awareness So I can use it against the older generation who think they know everything but actually follow the opposite the sunnah. Look at old pictures of our grandparents/uncle they had a shaved beard and grew the moustache which is the full oppposite lol 

https://www.Sistani.org/english/

https://www.Sistani.org/english/qa/01136/

Edited by Ashvazdanghe