Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Abraram

Is this Hadith from ibn e maja sahih?

Rate this topic

The Hadith is as follows:

was narrated from Thawban that the Prophet (ﷺ) said:
“I certainly know people of my nation who will come on the Day of Resurrection with good deeds like the mountains of Tihamah, but Allah will make them like scattered dust.” Thawban said: “O Messenger of Allah, describe them to us and tell us more, so that we will not become of them unknowingly.” He said: “They are your brothers and from your race, worshipping at night as you do, but they will be people who, when they are alone, transgress the sacred limits of Allah.”

Is this Hadith from Thawban reliable accord to chain of records? And if yes, am I really understanding it correctly that everything gets wasted one who transgress at night?

Jazakallah.

18 hours ago, Abraram said:

The Hadith is as follows:

was narrated from Thawban that the Prophet (ﷺ) said:
“I certainly know people of my nation who will come on the Day of Resurrection with good deeds like the mountains of Tihamah, but Allah will make them like scattered dust.” Thawban said: “O Messenger of Allah, describe them to us and tell us more, so that we will not become of them unknowingly.” He said: “They are your brothers and from your race, worshipping at night as you do, but they will be people who, when they are alone, transgress the sacred limits of Allah.”

Is this Hadith from Thawban reliable accord to chain of records? And if yes, am I really understanding it correctly that everything gets wasted one who transgress at night?

Jazakallah.

This narration reflects on the Qur'anic verse:

And We will regard what they have done of deeds and make them as dust dispersed. 25:23

Sālim, the Mawlā (client, freedman) of Ḥudayfah has narrated from the Messenger of God: “On the Day of Resurrection, a group shall be brought forthwith good deeds as high as the mountains of Tihāmah [a land extending from the Sinai Peninsula to near Yemen, including Mecca]. When they are brought forth, God will turn their deeds into dust. Then He will fling them into the Fire.” Then Sālim said, “May my parents be your ransom, O Messenger of God! Please describe these people for us.” He Prophet said, “They used to pray, fast, and[even] do some of the recommended rituals of the night [that is, the optional night prayer]; however, whenever they were faced with something unlawful, they would jump on it. That is why God will invalidate their [good] deeds.” - Al-Durr al-manthūr, on the authority of Summūyah’sFawāʾid

Sulaymān b. Khālid says: Once I asked Imam al-Ṣādiq about God’s words: And We will proceed to what they have done of deeds, so We shall render them as scattered floating dust(25:23). He said, “By God, their deeds were whiter than white Egyptian veils, but whenever they came across something unlawful they would not say ‘no’ to it.” al-Kafi

It is an habit that they don't take seriously haram when it comes and will act upon it and instead say no to it.

Edited by Abu Nur

Guest Ali

Sunan Ibn Majah is one of the Sunni Six Books, also known as the Sihah Sittah (Six Sahihs), which are considered reliable in their entirety despite individual gradings. Regardless, this individual Hadith is graded as sahih (or according to Darussalam, Hasan).