Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

There are some traditions which spoke of shaheed as one who died with the love of aale Mohammed (عليه السلام), all momineens who die in any condition are considered shaheed. 

You can read ahadith on this topic from below link  but they are in Arabic and Persian. Google translate can help if you are not familiar with these languages

https://www.hadithlib.com/rolls/view/2300069/مؤمن-در-هر-حالى-شهيد-است

Edited by Nadeemsayyed110

Salaam

The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said:

Whoever is unjustly killed is a martyr
Kanz al-`Ummal, 11205; Mizan ul Hikmah page No. 605

Whoever loves someone passionately, then suppresses his love in order to remain chaste and dies in the process, is a martyr.

Kanz al-`Ummal, no. 11203; Mizan ul Hikmah page No. 605

Whoever is wounded in the way of Allah will rise up on the Day of Resurrection, his fragrance as sweet as musk and his colour as vibrant as saffron, and he will have the stamp of a martyr on him. And whoever sincerely asks Allah to grant him martyrdom, Allah grants him the reward of a martyr, even if he dies in his own bed.

Kanz al-`Ummal, no. 11144 ; Mizan ul Hikmah page No. 606

Whoever dies loving the household of Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) dies a martyr.

Bihar al-Anwar, v. 68, p. 137, no. 76; Mizan ul Hikmah, page No. 605

Imam Ali ibn Husayn(4th Imam) (عليه السلام) said:

Whoever dies accepting our guardianship during the occultation of the one who will rise up [the awaited twelfth Imam, al-Mahdi], Allah will grant him the reward of a thousand such martyrs as died in the battles of Badr and Uhud. 

Bihar al-Anwar, v. 82, p. 173, no. 6; Mizan ul Hikmah, page No. 605

There are much more Hadeeth's. but right now I posted as many I found.

Edited by randomly curious

2 hours ago, Ali2196 said:

Mashallah ^^ 

what about believers dying from a plague(sickness)/drowning/fire do they die as martyrs?

Have to search for that brother

7 hours ago, randomly curious said:

Whoever dies loving the household of Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) dies a martyr.

But this Hadeeth includes everything like in whatever state you die or However you die you will die as a martyr. The only condition is love for the Progeny of Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) 

That is the Glad Tidings which Allah(azwj) Gives to His servants, those who believe and are doing righteous deeds. Say: ‘I do not ask you for recompense over it, except for the cordiality to be for my relatives’. And one who earns good, We will Increase the good for him therein. Surely, Allah is Forgiving, Grateful 
[42:23]

12 hours ago, Ali2196 said:

what about believers dying from a plague(sickness)

In general, no.

But if it is released as a weapon by anti-Islamic forces, bio-logical attack, than it is a different story.

Edited by Mohammed-Mehdi

16 hours ago, randomly curious said:

And whoever sincerely asks Allah to grant him martyrdom, Allah grants him the reward of a martyr,

Doesn't Shaheed mean witness, as in an innocents victim that will rise on the day of judgement to bear witness against the person who murdered them? I mean if you think about those people who ask to become martyrs and then blow them selves up along side a lot of innocent people. Who would they bear witness against when there is a lot of witneses against them. Even if they didn't kill anybody when they blew them selves up they still committed suicide which is haram if I am not mistaken.

الربيع بن بدر، عن أبي حاتم، عن أنس بن مالك قال: رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم: يا أنس أكثر من الطهور يزد الله في عمرك، وإن استطعت أن تكون بالليل والنهار على طهارة فافعل، فإنك تكون إذا مت على الطهارة شهيدا . وصل صلاة الزوال فإنها صلاة الأوابين . وأكثر من التطوع تحبك الحفظة. وسلم على من لقيت يزد الله في حسناتك، وسلم في بيتك يزد الله في بركتك، ووقر كبير المسلمين، وارحم صغيرهم أجئ أنا وأنت يوم القيامة كهاتين، وجمع بين الوسطى والمسبحة .

He said: Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn al-Hasan ibn al-Walid has reported to me from his father, who reported from al-Husayn ibn al-Hasan ibn Aban, from Muhammad ibn Awramah, from Ismail ibn Aban al-Warraq, who reported from al-Rabee’ ibn Badr, from Abu Hatim, from Anas ibn Malik, who reported that: The Prophet, peace be upon him and his progeny, said: "O Anas, be always pure and clean, and Allah will increase your years (I.e. lifetime). And if you can remain in the state of purity through the day and the night, then do so; for if you die in the state of purity (Taharat, Wudhoo etc.), you will die a martyr. And be steadfast on the noon prayers, for it is the prayers of those who return to Allah with repentance. And perform as many optional prayers as possible, so that the appointed keepers (Angels) have affection for you. And initiate Salaam upon one you meet, so that Allah augments your good deeds. Greet with Salaam your household, and it will be full of divine blessings. Show veneration to the elder Muslims, and be kind to their young ones, so that when you and I arrive on the Day of Judgement, we come like these two - then he demonstrated by his first two fingers." Al-Amālī by Sheik Mufeed.