Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

56 minutes ago, Ali229 said:

Salam, 

My question is that how do u get rid of fear of death, I know is good to have it like you will do more good deeds and that,  but what if you have too much, 

How can you overcome it? 

Salam Ali:

There was a short story written by Hemingway called "Indian Camp". In it, a father and son witness the suicide of a Native American, and at the end of the story, the boy asks his father "Dad, is dying easy"? And the father replies "yes Nick, I suppose it is".

Dying is easy when life is terrible and there is nothing to hold on to. No father should ever tell his son that dying is easy. It could mean leaving behind the ones we love, and the life we know. Allah did not give us this life to despise it.

So you should fear death in the sense that you love life, but you should not let that fear paralyze you, or fill your days with worry. It is a sign that you have found meaning in your life, and things which you do not want to leave behind. 

6 hours ago, Ali229 said:

Salam, 

My question is that how do u get rid of fear of death, I know is good to have it like you will do more good deeds and that,  but what if you have too much, 

How can you overcome it? 

W.s 

The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said:

"Think about death for modifying yourself, but do not think about it to make your living miserable.

13 hours ago, Ali229 said:

Salam, 

How can you overcome it? 

Salam,

Plan for the future..the life of hereafter.  Death is an event for us to undergo transition.

Every nafs will experience death, it is a natural event.  But not planning or not ready for transition makes people fear of it.

Let assume that you are continously walking on a road for a long journey, death is so close and always right in front of you.  So take one step ahead,  look or peek what is in front (life after death).  You will see who and what are waiting for you.

Meaning...if you are studying..how will it impacting your future (after death).  You prayer, money, wealth, wife, livelihood...how do these things benefit your future. Have a clear picture.  Thinking of death allows us see the future clearly.  Not to be afraid of death.

Shakir 6:162] Say. Surely my prayer and my sacrifice and my life and my death are (all) for Allah, the Lord of the worlds;

Layman

Wallahu alam.

18 hours ago, Ali229 said:

Salam, 

How can you overcome it? 

Be clear on what you want to get rid of.  Is it the fear of your death or your death?

If it is death you want to get rid of then know that you cannot get rid of something that does not exist in the first place.

If it is the fear of death you want to get rid of (and that you are experiencing right now), then know that since this fear is real, you cannot get rid of it.  

If anything, the only thing you have to get rid of is "your trying to get rid of something".  

In other words, at the moment the fear arises, simply accept your fear, acknowledge its reality and embrace it.  Investigate this fear, scrutinize it, probe into it and see what its stuff is made of.  Feel it directly, don't think about it, but really directly experience its brute sensation and rawness by directly touching fear in the same way your finger tip touches itself by itself through itself.   Immediately feel the fear touching yourself as yourself and by yourself.  You will see that it is really not a thing, it is nothing but that which you are most intimately familiar with, namely, yourself!  This fear will turn into love the more you keep doing this.   

Edited by eThErEaL

19 hours ago, layman said:

Shakir 6:162] Say. Surely my prayer and my sacrifice and my life and my death are (all) for Allah, the Lord of the worlds

salam alykum wrwb

@Ali229

Think of the fear of Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), it is not a miserable 'feeling' type of 'fear'.

So is the 'fear of death', something like the fear of accountability perhaps used as reminder?

2 hours ago, Mzwakhe said:

salam alykum wrwb

@Ali229

Think of the fear of Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), it is not a miserable 'feeling' type of 'fear'.

So is the 'fear of death', something like the fear of accountability perhaps used as reminder?

l partially agreed because l understand your thinking.

Ayat 11:119:  "fill Jehenna"  So part of the "fear" is you or l do not get "an exception to policy."

We start fearing death more thinking about our dependents or a feeling that someone we love we will loose him or her with death like love of our child or family. Allah has created them and sustain them even if we pass away.  

One thing that can reduce fear is to think that you are not only who is going to face this each and everyone of us present will face it, people in past have faced it and people coming are going to die. 

Secondly its human tendency to fear something which they have not prepared for. If we do good deed avoid sins, have firm faith  then our fear of death will drastically reduce because we will get a feeling even if death comes I am prepared for it. 

On 4/4/2020 at 1:17 PM, hasanhh said:

l partially agreed because l understand your thinking.

Ayat 11:119:  "fill Jehenna"  So part of the "fear" is you or l do not get "an exception to policy."

I don't follow...