Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
MohammadAli1993

****INFANT GIRL OR LOVER of Ahlul Bayt - 2020 QURANIC QUESTION****

Rate this topic

SalamAlaykum Brothers and Sisters

I hope u are all doing well and staying indoors :)

I've been reading the Tafsir Surah Al Takwir (81) and I came across this verse

وَإِذَا الْمَوْءُودَةُ سُئِلَتْ {8}

[Shakir 81:8] And when the female infant buried alive is asked

بِأَيِّ ذَنْبٍ قُتِلَتْ {9}

[Shakir 81:9] For what sin she was killed,

I've read that there are two ways of looking at these verses

1st Interpretation: 

The word  الْمَوْءُودَةُ has been translated as female infant and the rest of the verse finishes by asking for what sin the infants were buried alive.

2nd Interpretation

The word  الْمَوْءُودَةُ has been translated as 'Love (of the Ahlul Bayt)' and the rest of the verse in the same fashion for what sin the Lover was killed.

The reason the 2nd interpeation exists is because of this verse in the Qur'an

ذَٰلِكَ الَّذِي يُبَشِّرُ اللَّهُ عِبَادَهُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ ۗ قُلْ لَا أَسْأَلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَجْرًا إِلَّا الْمَوَدَّةَ فِي الْقُرْبَىٰ ۗ وَمَنْ يَقْتَرِفْ حَسَنَةً نَزِدْ لَهُ فِيهَا حُسْنًا ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ شَكُورٌ {23}

[Shakir 42:23] That is of which Allah gives the good news to His servants, (to) those who believe and do good deeds. Say: I do not ask of you any reward for it but love for my near relatives; and whoever earns good, We give him more of good therein; surely Allah is Forgiving, Grateful.

Now let's compare the two words

1) in Qur'an 81:9 the word

الْمَوْءُودَةُ is used 

2) in Qur'an 42:23 the word

الْمَوَدَّةَ is used 

When taking الْمَوْءُودَةُ and removing these letters ءُو it will be then the similar word as الْمَوَدَّةَ 

الْمَوَدَّة الْمَوْءُو دَةُ  

Question

How is it that the word الْمَوْءُودَةُ which is female infant has been interpretated as the same word as الْمَوَدَّةَ 

There is a Hadith that I will cite below

And from him, from Muhammad Bin Al-Hassan, and someone else, from Sahal, from Muhammad Bin Isa, and Muhammad Bin Yahya, and Muhammad Bin Al-Husayn together, from Muhammad Bin Sinan, from Ismail Bin Jabir, and Abdul Kareem Bin Amro, from Abdul Majeed, Ibn Abu Al-Daylam, who has said: ‘Abu Abdullahasws - in a Hadeeth. He (the narrator) said, ‘Then he asws said: ‘‘I do not ask you for recompense over it, except for the cordiality to be for my relatives’ [42:23]. Then He azwj Said: And when the cordiality is Questioned about [81:8] For what sin was it killed [81:9], He azwj is Saying: “You will be asked about the cordiality (Mawaddat), the merits of which have been Revealed for you all – the cordiality (Mawaddat) of the near-relatives (of the Rasool-Allah saww), for which sin did you all kill them asws ?’

(3 /233 :1 الكافي)

Will appreciate if I can get a reply

Jazakallah Khair

Salam, Brother. If you saw that hadith on another website, the translation has mistakes in English grammar. Do you have the original Arabic so that we can see it?  

6 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Salam, Brother. If you saw that hadith on another website, the translation has mistakes in English grammar. Do you have the original Arabic so that we can see it?  

Yes I do have the original Hadith with the Arabic. Let me try and post it on here. 

14 hours ago, MohammadAli1993 said:

The Arabic doesn't seem to paste properly on here unfortunately 

I've got the link here you can visit 

https://hubeali.com/books/English-Books/TafseerHub-e-Ali/CH81_SuraAlTakweer_Verses1-29.pdf

That site (hubeali dot com) has problems with the translations of some hadith. Please see this older thread:

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/234992158-is-hubealicom-reliable/

I will attach a screenshot of the Hadith. I am aware of the website hubeali and it's biases however, I am looking at the Hadith itself since the tafsir on Al-Islam.org goes hand in hand with the Hadith of the Imam ((عليه السلام))

Let me give you an example

Begin Quote

"

In a tradition it is stated that once Imam Baqir was asked about the commentary of this verse, and he said that it meant this:

“The persons whom are killed for their friendship to us”.

Another tradition says that the witness to this statement is the verse:

“...Say: No reward do I ask of you for this except the love of these near of kin..."7

Of course, the apparent meaning of the verse refers to the first commentary, but the verse can, itself, carry a vast meaning. "

End Quote

Source: 

https://www.al-Islam.org/enlightening-commentary-light-holy-Qur'an-vol-19/surah-takwir-chapter-81

QUESTION.png

Guest vast
5 hours ago, MohammadAli1993 said:

Of course, the apparent meaning of the verse refers to the first commentary, but the verse can, itself, carry a vast meaning. "

Every single English translation of that verse says female infant (baby girl, female child. girl-child) buried alive. It's feminine in grammar. 

3 hours ago, Guest vast said:

Every single English translation of that verse says female infant (baby girl, female child. girl-child) buried alive. It's feminine in grammar. 

Yes thats what I thought too but the word الْمَوَدَّةَ is also feminine in grammar. 

The reason that Almighty Allah speaks of himself in the Qur'an in the masculine gender is the Arabic language, in which the last heavenly scripture was revealed. Since the Qur'an was revealed in the Arabic language, then naturally all the rules and norms of this language must be observed in it. All masculine words and all feminine words in Arabic are either true (hakiki) or metaphorical (majazi). Allah Almighty is neither a man nor a woman, therefore it is wrong to speak of Him in a true masculine gender or in a true feminine gender. For a number of reasons, it is incorrect to mention Him also in the metaphorical feminine gender. Therefore, according to the rules of the Arabic language, Allah must be spoken in a metaphorical masculine gender, which is done in the verses of the Qur'an, in the hadiths of the Prophet and Imams, as well as in all Muslim literature. It should also be noted that in Arabic, signs of masculine or feminine gender do not cause superiority and significance.

For creatures, objects and phenomena that have male or female signs, true male or true female gender is applied. Otherwise, a metaphorical masculine or metaphorical feminine gender is used. For example, the words “man” and “camel” are true masculine, and the words “woman” and “camel” are respectively true feminine. Words like “pencil” and “wall” have a metaphorical masculine gender, and the words “room” and “sun” are a metaphorical feminine gender.Metaphorical feminine is used by Arabs to denote the names of cities, paired organs of the human body, as well as in a number of other cases, described in detail in the literature on the Arabic language. And if any word is not used in a true masculine or true feminine gender, and is also not used in a metaphorical feminine gender, then it will be used in a metaphorical masculine gender. [1] Allah Almighty is neither a man nor a woman, He did not give birth and was not born, and there is nothing like Him. [2] It is not described by a metaphorical feminine gender. Therefore, according to all the rules and norms of the Arabic language, the word “Allah” uses a metaphorical masculine gender.

It should also be noted that in the Arabic language signs of the masculine gender do not cause superiority and significance, they do not indicate a high degree of masculinity and a low degree of femininity, as some uninformed people believe. Indeed, if this were so, that is, if the masculine gender was superior to the feminine, then masculine gender would never have been applied to such despicable beings as shaitans and Iblis. But in the Qur'an and Hadith in relation to Iblis, a true masculine gender is used. And if the feminine gender would indicate shortcomings and flaws, then the sun and the Earth, the benefits of which cannot be counted, would not be used in the feminine gender. In this case, the highest services, such as ritual prayer and zakat, would not be designated by the feminine gender. [3] 

https://www.islamquest.net/fa/archive/question/fa488
at conclusion Qur'an talks about all humans but speaks about rewards & benefits in female language like Janet ( paradise ) as final reward & Earth & sun that give everything to us in current world .

https://www.pasokhgoo.ir/node/56615

also line of Imamate in Shia Islam is through lady Fatima (sa) that all Imams called her as their real mother but other sons of Imam Ali(عليه السلام) from other women are not Imams .

Going through tafseer e burhan and tafseer you will found this ayat refers to love of ahlebait (عليه السلام) and in some other ahadith it is mentioned its the Shias of aale Muhammad (عليه السلام) who will question for which sin they were killed 

Anyone interested in reading more ahadith on this topic can go to below link

http://ar.lib.eshia.ir/71664/5/593

I have got one video where maulana is speaking on the same issue. Someone good in understanding Arabic can explain it to us well. 

What I got from this is, it is the difference of qira'ah. Like one more ayat where it is written 'salaamun ala ilyaseen' while we have ahadith Imam (عليه السلام) used to recite it as aale Yaseen. Similarly in the end of this video Maulana refers a ahadith where it says Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) used to recite mawaddah not mawoodah in this verse. Correct me if I am wrong. 

Edited by Nadeemsayyed110

Guest Kakamora
On 4/1/2020 at 6:47 PM, MohammadAli1993 said:

SalamAlaykum Brothers and Sisters

I hope u are all doing well and staying indoors :)

I've been reading the Tafsir Surah Al Takwir (81) and I came across this verse

وَإِذَا الْمَوْءُودَةُ سُئِلَتْ {8}

[Shakir 81:8] And when the female infant buried alive is asked

بِأَيِّ ذَنْبٍ قُتِلَتْ {9}

[Shakir 81:9] For what sin she was killed,

I've read that there are two ways of looking at these verses

1st Interpretation: 

The word  الْمَوْءُودَةُ has been translated as female infant and the rest of the verse finishes by asking for what sin the infants were buried alive.

2nd Interpretation

The word  الْمَوْءُودَةُ has been translated as 'Love (of the Ahlul Bayt)' and the rest of the verse in the same fashion for what sin the Lover was killed.

The reason the 2nd interpeation exists is because of this verse in the Qur'an

ذَٰلِكَ الَّذِي يُبَشِّرُ اللَّهُ عِبَادَهُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ ۗ قُلْ لَا أَسْأَلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَجْرًا إِلَّا الْمَوَدَّةَ فِي الْقُرْبَىٰ ۗ وَمَنْ يَقْتَرِفْ حَسَنَةً نَزِدْ لَهُ فِيهَا حُسْنًا ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ شَكُورٌ {23}

[Shakir 42:23] That is of which Allah gives the good news to His servants, (to) those who believe and do good deeds. Say: I do not ask of you any reward for it but love for my near relatives; and whoever earns good, We give him more of good therein; surely Allah is Forgiving, Grateful.

Now let's compare the two words

1) in Qur'an 81:9 the word

الْمَوْءُودَةُ is used 

2) in Qur'an 42:23 the word

الْمَوَدَّةَ is used 

When taking الْمَوْءُودَةُ and removing these letters ءُو it will be then the similar word as الْمَوَدَّةَ 

الْمَوَدَّة الْمَوْءُو دَةُ  

Question

How is it that the word الْمَوْءُودَةُ which is female infant has been interpretated as the same word as الْمَوَدَّةَ 

There is a Hadith that I will cite below

And from him, from Muhammad Bin Al-Hassan, and someone else, from Sahal, from Muhammad Bin Isa, and Muhammad Bin Yahya, and Muhammad Bin Al-Husayn together, from Muhammad Bin Sinan, from Ismail Bin Jabir, and Abdul Kareem Bin Amro, from Abdul Majeed, Ibn Abu Al-Daylam, who has said: ‘Abu Abdullahasws - in a Hadeeth. He (the narrator) said, ‘Then he asws said: ‘‘I do not ask you for recompense over it, except for the cordiality to be for my relatives’ [42:23]. Then He azwj Said: And when the cordiality is Questioned about [81:8] For what sin was it killed [81:9], He azwj is Saying: “You will be asked about the cordiality (Mawaddat), the merits of which have been Revealed for you all – the cordiality (Mawaddat) of the near-relatives (of the Rasool-Allah saww), for which sin did you all kill them asws ?’

(3 /233 :1 الكافي)

Will appreciate if I can get a reply

Jazakallah Khair

Imams (عليه السلام) say: "One verse has 1 zahir and 70 batin meanings".

It can be both. And, there can be still more. 

On 4/4/2020 at 11:59 PM, Ashvazdanghe said:

The reason that Almighty Allah speaks of himself in the Qur'an in the masculine gender is the Arabic language, in which the last heavenly scripture was revealed. Since the Qur'an was revealed in the Arabic language, then naturally all the rules and norms of this language must be observed in it. All masculine words and all feminine words in Arabic are either true (hakiki) or metaphorical (majazi). Allah Almighty is neither a man nor a woman, therefore it is wrong to speak of Him in a true masculine gender or in a true feminine gender. For a number of reasons, it is incorrect to mention Him also in the metaphorical feminine gender. Therefore, according to the rules of the Arabic language, Allah must be spoken in a metaphorical masculine gender, which is done in the verses of the Qur'an, in the hadiths of the Prophet and Imams, as well as in all Muslim literature. It should also be noted that in Arabic, signs of masculine or feminine gender do not cause superiority and significance.

For creatures, objects and phenomena that have male or female signs, true male or true female gender is applied. Otherwise, a metaphorical masculine or metaphorical feminine gender is used. For example, the words “man” and “camel” are true masculine, and the words “woman” and “camel” are respectively true feminine. Words like “pencil” and “wall” have a metaphorical masculine gender, and the words “room” and “sun” are a metaphorical feminine gender.Metaphorical feminine is used by Arabs to denote the names of cities, paired organs of the human body, as well as in a number of other cases, described in detail in the literature on the Arabic language. And if any word is not used in a true masculine or true feminine gender, and is also not used in a metaphorical feminine gender, then it will be used in a metaphorical masculine gender. [1] Allah Almighty is neither a man nor a woman, He did not give birth and was not born, and there is nothing like Him. [2] It is not described by a metaphorical feminine gender. Therefore, according to all the rules and norms of the Arabic language, the word “Allah” uses a metaphorical masculine gender.

It should also be noted that in the Arabic language signs of the masculine gender do not cause superiority and significance, they do not indicate a high degree of masculinity and a low degree of femininity, as some uninformed people believe. Indeed, if this were so, that is, if the masculine gender was superior to the feminine, then masculine gender would never have been applied to such despicable beings as shaitans and Iblis. But in the Qur'an and Hadith in relation to Iblis, a true masculine gender is used. And if the feminine gender would indicate shortcomings and flaws, then the sun and the Earth, the benefits of which cannot be counted, would not be used in the feminine gender. In this case, the highest services, such as ritual prayer and zakat, would not be designated by the feminine gender. [3] 

https://www.islamquest.net/fa/archive/question/fa488
at conclusion Qur'an talks about all humans but speaks about rewards & benefits in female language like Janet ( paradise ) as final reward & Earth & sun that give everything to us in current world .

https://www.pasokhgoo.ir/node/56615

also line of Imamate in Shia Islam is through lady Fatima (sa) that all Imams called her as their real mother but other sons of Imam Ali(عليه السلام) from other women are not Imams .

Salam brother, I don’t see how your post has anything to do with my question....

On 4/5/2020 at 10:02 AM, Nadeemsayyed110 said:

Going through tafseer e burhan and tafseer you will found this ayat refers to love of ahlebait (عليه السلام) and in some other ahadith it is mentioned its the Shias of aale Muhammad (عليه السلام) who will question for which sin they were killed 

Anyone interested in reading more ahadith on this topic can go to below link

http://ar.lib.eshia.ir/71664/5/593

I have got one video where maulana is speaking on the same issue. Someone good in understanding Arabic can explain it to us well. 

What I got from this is, it is the difference of qira'ah. Like one more ayat where it is written 'salaamun ala ilyaseen' while we have ahadith Imam (عليه السلام) used to recite it as aale Yaseen. Similarly in the end of this video Maulana refers a ahadith where it says Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) used to recite mawaddah not mawoodah in this verse. Correct me if I am wrong. 

Thank you very much for your reply. I am just wondering what Qira'a the Imams ((عليه السلام)) recited from

11 minutes ago, MohammadAli1993 said:

Salam brother, I don’t see how your post has anything to do with my question....

There is a narration from Prophet Muhammad (pbu) that girls are mercy but boys are blessing that in judgment day Allah asks about blessings that gave to us but won’t ask about mercy .

that all mercy to humans described by female language like Janet (paradise) & Earth also verses that contains mercy have female language .

On 4/5/2020 at 10:25 AM, Guest Kakamora said:

Imams (عليه السلام) say: "One verse has 1 zahir and 70 batin meanings".

It can be both. And, there can be still more. 

Yes I agree however, looking at the Arabic of it, those two words arent even spelt the same. How can one read it with the 2nd interpretation.