Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Imam Reza

Combination of Prayers

Rate this topic

Salam, 

ive been praying all my prayers according to a Sunni timetable for about a year where I have been praying all the prayers separately for example :

“eg. Zohr at 1:05 and Asr later on at 4:30” 

I would do something similar with the magreb and esha.

my question is, I want to know if this way is still correct and has no issues with it or it is better To pray then together eg. Zohr and then straight after offer the Asr prayer a few minutes later like most Shia’s do.

which method of prayer is more recommend by our scholars/Imams. Please let me know. 
Ya Allah.

Salam It’s your choice , you can continue Sunni timetable or choose Shia way anyway we follow combinations of prayers based on that we try follow way our Imams & Qur'an recommendation that mentioned praying in three frames. 

3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam It’s your choice , you can continue Sunni timetable or choose Shia way anyway we follow combinations of prayers based on that we try follow way our Imams & Qur'an recommendation that mentioned praying in three frames. 

Imams did not normalize combination prayer. This was the method of exception not standard. Ask even Agha Khamenei and/or Agha Sistani and they will admit praying separate is better.

You were misleading by saying “we try to follow the ways of our Imams” hence why we combine prayers. The fact is the way of the Imams is to pray 5 distinct times.

On 3/31/2020 at 8:14 PM, Imam Reza said:

I would do something similar with the magreb and esha.

Wa alaykum al salam,

You shouldn't follow the 'sunni' timetable for maghrib prayer as their time for maghrib is different.

On 3/31/2020 at 8:38 PM, 786:) said:

Imams did not normalize combination prayer. This was the method of exception not standard. Ask even Agha Khamenei and/or Agha Sistani and they will admit praying separate is better.

You were misleading by saying “we try to follow the ways of our Imams” hence why we combine prayers. The fact is the way of the Imams is to pray 5 distinct times.

I don't think this is so clear. If there are five distinct times then I would like to see where they have been defined. The times for fajr, dhuhr and maghrib are clearly defined in our narrations. However when it comes to asr and isha, I have yet to see clear guidelines on their timing. I'm not saying it's not there, just that I wasn't able to find anything when I searched so in the end I have maintained praying at three defined times. 

Also the idea that it was exceptional is also not seen in our narrations, nor that it is preferred to pray at separate times. 

On 3/31/2020 at 4:51 PM, Ashvazdanghe said:

we follow combinations of prayers based on that we try follow way our Imams & Qur'an recommendation that mentioned praying in three frames. 

this is per your understanding. Which one is suppose to be the middle prayer if you don't mind me asking?

2 hours ago, Muslim2010 said:

Prayers are 5 but the timing as per Quran are 3. The rest seems only interpretations..

You are being ignorant on purpose. Let me give you an example that may hit home for you. How did Imam Hussain break up prayers on Ashura? Did he combine Zuhr and Asr?

Edited by 786:)

8 hours ago, 786:) said:

You are being ignorant on purpose. Let me give you an example that may hit home for you. How did Imam Hussain break up prayers on Ashura? Did he combine Zuhr and Asr?

You already brought this example before and it was already addressed. As recorded in Kitab Maqtal al Hussain of Abu Mikhnaf, the Imam (عليه السلام) prayed salatul khauf on that day due to the situation and circumstances. 

The question remains: what are the prayer times for 'asr and 'isha that have been defined in our narrations?

On 4/1/2020 at 6:08 AM, 786:) said:

Safavid syndrome :hahaha:

23 hours ago, Mzwakhe said:

Salam I checked it that as @Muslim2010 said it's only interpretations.

12 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam I checked it that as @Muslim2010 said it's only interpretations.

The conclusive words from the mentioned link are given below:

"The prayer timings in the Quran are implied thus if the above ayaat are read together, they clearly point to 5 obligatory (fard) prayers”.     

(Thats is interpretation)

Edited by Muslim2010

14 hours ago, Muslim2010 said:

Prayers are 5 but the timing as per Quran are 3. The rest seems only interpretations..

Esoteric interpretation of the Quran, taʾwīl (تأويل), is the allegorical interpretation of the Quran or the quest for its hidden, inner meanings. The Arabic word taʾwīl (تأويل) was synonymous with conventional interpretation in its earliest use, but it came to mean a process of discerning its most fundamental understandings.[1] Esoteric interpretations do not usually contradict the conventional (in this context called exoteric) interpretations; instead, they discuss the inner levels of meaning of the Quran.[2]

The words taʾwil and tafsir both mean roughly "explanation, elucidation, interpretation, and commentary"; but from the end of the 8th century CE onwards, "taʾwil" was commonly regarded as the esoteric or mystical interpretation of the Quran, while the conventional exegesis of the Quran was called "tafsir." The term batin refers to the inner or esoteric meaning of a sacred text, and zahir to the apparent or exoteric meaning.[3] Esoteric interpretations are found in Shia and Sunni interpretations of the Quran. A hadith which states that the Quran has an inner meaning, and that this inner meaning conceals a yet deeper inner meaning, and so on (up to seven successive levels of deeper meaning), has sometimes been used in support of this view.[2]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esoteric_interpretation_of_the_Quran

When someone speaks in a language not understood then the interpretation is saying what that person was saying. Generally speaking that is for when matters are exo/esoteric then the interpretation will be fabricated but that's not the point. The point is of 5 prayers. It's timings though, well, let's swim again in these shallow waters which carry messages of the beyond deep.

On 4/17/2020 at 6:24 AM, Mahdavist said:

I'm not saying it's not there, just that I wasn't able to

ws

Indeed, prayer has been decreed upon the believers a decree of specified times. 4:103

Thank you everyone for your responses , just to confirm how long should I wait between each prayer before combining? For example should i sit for 5 mins then do asr or 10 minutes or should i pray asr as soon as possible after zohr is completed?