Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ejaz

How to perform salah based on secrets revealed. Don’t think about anything?

Rate this topic

Salaamun Alaykum wrb,

The brother says not to contemplate on meaning of surahs / prayers, only attach your heart to Allah without thinking about anything (see min 17:00). Anyone know the reason behind this?

I thought you should always contemplate meanings of these things during salah.

Salam he is not against understanding meaning of these things but we must not forgot that our intention in Namaz is making connection with Allah not just true prounancing of words in a hadith Abuhanifa criticized Imam Musa Kadhim (عليه السلام) before his Imamate in presence of Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) that he saw that young Imam Kadhim (عليه السلام) was praying in a crowd place that people were passing in front of him that all 4 Sunni schools of thought are against it when Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) asked reason of a Imam Karimi (عليه السلام) in front of Abuhanifa Imam Karimi (عليه السلام) replied while  I was praying , I just was in presence of Allah so I didn’t see people in front of me that Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) hugged him & said you are really the Imam after me by showing this sign.

anyway althought Shia Imams also advised that we don’t pray in crowd places but response of Imam Kadhim (عليه السلام) was for showing truth to Abuhanifa that we must see Allah present in front of us in Namaz not people as 4 Sunni schools of thoughts are just caring about good pronunciation in Namaz not presence of our heart in prayer not showing off in prayer that also we see between Shias too.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

On 3/31/2020 at 6:51 AM, Ejaz said:

Salaamun Alaykum wrb,

The brother says not to contemplate on meaning of surahs / prayers, only attach your heart to Allah without thinking about anything (see min 17:00). Anyone know the reason behind this?

I thought you should always contemplate meanings of these things during salah.

The essence of all worship (including that of Salah) is to really submit to God absolutely.  But, I am wondering how is the Qur'an (whether it is its  chapters or its various formulae and words of the Qur'an) not helpful in attaching the heart to God?  If someone contemplates and really means to say “Subhanallah”, how is this not attaching the heart to God?  If someone contemplates and really means to say  “Iyyaka Nabudu”, how is this not placing God in your heart?