Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Lanat on me

Help me please (sin)

Rate this topic

Guest Lanat on me

I have taken to asking for God's curses upon me . I have taken to [Edited to remove self-harming behaviors]. I commit every single sin in the book. I have a lump in my throat. I can't breathe. I fail to accomplish any of my responsibilities. I do nothing useful with my time. I have no prospects. I am a failure in all respects. It seems as though I can never change. I am the definition of corruption. I am the definition of hypocrite. I am the definition of deserved of wrath. I beg your forgiveness, for this forum is filled with joy and I am bringing my sadness. With tears in my eyes. I mean to cause no anguish. Everyone else seems to be benefiting from Quarantine. My life has only gotten worse. I need to snap out of it, snap out of sin, and maintain it. But I lack the will, the energy. I'm always being pulled in the opposite direction. I have normalized sin in my life to such a large extent, that I oftentimes don't realize that I am commiting sin. "May I be damned in hell. May I suffocate in my sleep." these are some of the things I tell myself... I feel live I live a double life with my sins--a hypocrite waste of space, and I hate myself for it. The world would be a better place without me. Please help me change my self-destructive thinking. Please don't ban me. Please don't report me to any agency. This is my situation, and I feel like I am rotting, withering away. I have no bit of my soul left uncorrupted at this point. I do not have a conception of God anymore. It means nothing to me, though I understand and believe the theology, though I can defend my deen to the utmost degree. It doesn't matter when you are a piece of garbage whose not willing to act upon any of that knowledge and can't retain it in his stupid head before he commits stupid acts. I am a disgrace, I am wretched. This post was longer than expected. I am an embarrassment to the name Shia or Muslim or Monotheist or literally anything else. No normal human being acts like me. No normal human being repeats as many blunders and mistakes as I do. It's a surprise anyone loves me, it's a surprise that God has kept most of my sins hidden, and has allowed me to hide how I truly feel deep down inside. I must praise God for that, and for everything, no matter what. But alas I am too astray to do so. I'm usually not so poetic or well-spoken... so this is a happy surprise for me. Emotes on how I'm feeling to keep it a little light after what you just read (again, my deepest apologies, I don't even deserve to be responded to, let alone read): :censored::furious::byecry::ko::(:mod::furious::threatenlumber::help::ranting::helpsos::sign_sorry::tongueangry:

Please I beg you, don't take more than 15 minutes out of your day to write me. I feel bad for asking help to begin with, but I can't live with myself no more.

I want to close by saying ASTAGHFIRULLAH. I need to work on my understanding of Tawhid, and maybe the rest will fall into place, inshallah. Any recommended instructional sermons/videos?

Please note: I am not suicidal.

Take care, all the best. Spend time with your family, God willing.

Edited by Hameedeh
[self-harming behaviors were edited out]

Guest do no harm

Allah doesn't want you to hurt yourself. Whenever you want to harm yourself keep yourself distracted (get busy and do something else). Listen to Qur'an, read a book, write a poem, call someone, exercise, color or paint, wash the dishes, etc.  It's good you came here instead of harming yourself.  

On 3/30/2020 at 1:48 AM, Guest Lanat on me said:

Everyone else seems to be benefiting from Quarantine. My life has only gotten worse. I need to snap out of it, snap out of sin, and maintain it. But I lack the will, the energy. I'm always being pulled in the opposite direction. 

Everyone is stressed out these days. You can snap out of it. Tell yourself something nice or remember something good that you did. I'm sure you have done good things, but you just focus on the bad all the time and make yourself upset. Close your eyes and try to relax. Calm your breathing. Recite these: Salawat, Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim,"Ya Rabi, Ya Rabi, Ya Rab." Read a dua.

On 3/30/2020 at 2:48 AM, Guest Lanat on me said:

I have taken to asking for God's curses upon me . I have taken to [Edited to remove self-harming behaviors]. I commit every single sin in the book. I have a lump in my throat. I can't breathe. I fail to accomplish any of my responsibilities. I do nothing useful with my time. I have no prospects. I am a failure in all respects. It seems as though I can never change. I am the definition of corruption. I am the definition of hypocrite. I am the definition of deserved of wrath. I beg your forgiveness, for this forum is filled with joy and I am bringing my sadness. With tears in my eyes. I mean to cause no anguish. Everyone else seems to be benefiting from Quarantine. My life has only gotten worse. I need to snap out of it, snap out of sin, and maintain it. But I lack the will, the energy. I'm always being pulled in the opposite direction. I have normalized sin in my life to such a large extent, that I oftentimes don't realize that I am commiting sin. "May I be damned in hell. May I suffocate in my sleep." these are some of the things I tell myself... I feel live I live a double life with my sins--a hypocrite waste of space, and I hate myself for it. The world would be a better place without me. Please help me change my self-destructive thinking. Please don't ban me. Please don't report me to any agency. This is my situation, and I feel like I am rotting, withering away. I have no bit of my soul left uncorrupted at this point. I do not have a conception of God anymore. It means nothing to me, though I understand and believe the theology, though I can defend my deen to the utmost degree. It doesn't matter when you are a piece of garbage whose not willing to act upon any of that knowledge and can't retain it in his stupid head before he commits stupid acts. I am a disgrace, I am wretched. This post was longer than expected. I am an embarrassment to the name Shia or Muslim or Monotheist or literally anything else. No normal human being acts like me. No normal human being repeats as many blunders and mistakes as I do. It's a surprise anyone loves me, it's a surprise that God has kept most of my sins hidden, and has allowed me to hide how I truly feel deep down inside. I must praise God for that, and for everything, no matter what. But alas I am too astray to do so. I'm usually not so poetic or well-spoken... so this is a happy surprise for me. Emotes on how I'm feeling to keep it a little light after what you just read (again, my deepest apologies, I don't even deserve to be responded to, let alone read): :censored::furious::byecry::ko::(:mod::furious::threatenlumber::help::ranting::helpsos::sign_sorry::tongueangry:

Please I beg you, don't take more than 15 minutes out of your day to write me. I feel bad for asking help to begin with, but I can't live with myself no more.

I want to close by saying ASTAGHFIRULLAH. I need to work on my understanding of Tawhid, and maybe the rest will fall into place, inshallah. Any recommended instructional sermons/videos?

Reflect on the Munajat of Imam Ali (عليه السلام).  God wants you to understand something about yourself in relation to who He is.  So all you have to do is reflect on this and the sayings of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) in the Munajat.  Inshallah.  

PS: There is nothing “wrong” with you except in the expectation that you have of yourself.  

You realize that you are a miserable wretched sinner!  Alright...but also don’t ignore the fact that God is the Forgiver of All-Sins, the Lovingly-Merciful.  This is all that God expects from you, is to realize this!  This is all He wants from you! This very realization.  He wants this not for His sake but for your sake.

Again, this will make sense upon your reflection of the Munajat.  

Edited by eThErEaL

Guest What's up doc!

Bro relax! That's shaitan who curses when we sin but when we don’t he incites. So you need to learn his tricks. There are plenty of things u can do to avoid sins such as reading books, playing games. Look bro temptations of shaitan are great but greater is the guilt than those sins. To avoid greater u shall avoid great sin. 

Gather your pieces and strike against your Nafs. 

8 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

No normal human being acts like me. No normal human being repeats as many blunders and mistakes as I do.

Dear EThErEaL,

Respectfully, I cannot disagree with you more. For the Bible tells me we have all fallen short of the glory of God, who is perfect. And in order to be accepted by Him, reconciled to Him, we must become perfect like Him. But the problem is sin. It afflicts us all equally. Some of us are just more aware of the damning evidence and consequences, like you. But the sobering truth is none of us is able to stop sinning on our own. God knows this. He has always known this. Which is why He promised to send a Savior, One who would save mankind from their sins. But not all mankind will believe God, like Abraham did. Ever since Abraham, whoever, by faith, accepts God's plan, will be saved--that is, changed from filthy and damned, to righteous and holy.

13 minutes ago, MartyS said:

Dear EThErEaL,

Respectfully, I cannot disagree with you more. For the Bible tells me we have all fallen short of the glory of God, who is perfect. And in order to be accepted by Him, reconciled to Him, we must become perfect like Him. But the problem is sin. It afflicts us all equally. Some of us are just more aware of the damning evidence and consequences, like you. But the sobering truth is none of us is able to stop sinning on our own. God knows this. He has always known this. Which is why He promised to send a Savior, One who would save mankind from their sins. But not all mankind will believe God, like Abraham did. Ever since Abraham, whoever, by faith, accepts God's plan, will be saved--that is, changed from filthy and damned, to righteous and holy.

I am not the OP.  :)

In the name of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), the most gracious, the merciful!

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) have mercy on you and on all our souls. For we have all sinned. 

Brother, I would like to tell you that it is a very good sign that you have written here today seeking advice from others and I encourage my respected brother to seek more advice with not only this problem, but other situations you come across in your life and this is encouraged in Islam. There are individuals who live and do things that you may do, but they do not seek help and are ignorant. 

The fact that you still have a sense of guilt is a blessing from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to you and do not be ungrateful of this for if Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) were not to give this to you, only Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows where you will be and what kind of person you will become. 

Now, the life you live is how you will die. If you struggle to lower your gaze with women, you will die doing that unless you make a change right now! Do not fool yourself and say that oh I will stop doing this when I get a wife or whatever it may be. 

I remember a story of a Sheikh who was going to visit a father on his death bed, and this father was known to love music and whatnot. So he parked his car, got out of his car, and the house (family) was blasting music. Sheikh was so surprised, thought "how in the world, they are blasting music and their father is on his death bed", so they felt kind wrong to do that, and they started playing some Qur'an. Now when the father heard this, he shouted, "stop that! Put her back on (referring to the egyptian singer)" so don’t think that oh I will change in the future. No! You live by music, you will die listening to music unless you change now.

Hearing your situation, there are plenty of things thanks to Islam that can help change you habibi. 

Now, I don’t want you to think that I am some kind of sinless person who is perfect, for by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) I am not! As a fact I may be even committing some of the sins you do. 

But you need to take step towards Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will take a thousand steps towards you and in my opinion this a way that has proved to work for me. 

However, one thing I need to advise to you is that NEVER EVER EVER miss salah, prayer. Always pray your salah, even if you missed the time for the salah, keep PRAYING, you need to have a connection with you lord. He mentions this Salah in the Qur'an for a reason and it is there to help you, not him for he does not need you, but you need him. For example, if its your friends birthday party, you buy him a gift that he likes, not you. Similarly, you pray in a way the creator Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) likes, not how you like and that is Salah. And when you pray, pray with sincerity and concentration for Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) says in the Qur'an that those who have concentration are the true successful ones. Success does not mean wealth, houses, and cars. It means one day being a neighbour to the habib, Muhammad SAWS in jannah. This is the true success. 

I would also like to tell you to not love this world. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) reminds us in the Qur'an that if you were to die tomorrow, you would only be remembered for a couple hours, your job/company would just say sorry and then hire a new employee. No one really cares about you except Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) which is why he tells us that in the Qur'an. I know of so much people who are on Instagram for hours on a daily basis and they see the riches of others and they fall into a trap of depression. 

Man if your funeral was tomorrow people would be there for an hour and then start asking themselves "where are they going to eat, Im getting hungry". 

I will give you some examples that I have taken to slowly better my self. You don’t have to go very quickly and start stopping every sin which is what Shaytan wants you to do and overwhelm and then you fall right back into stage 1.

Start off getting rid of the sins which are easy not to commit, like cursing or looking at woman in public. For me, I was around a lot of people cursing growing up but alhamdulillah I just simply chose not to say these words and to this day I don’t curse. 

You can then continue to start making sure you pray on time. Now I know this is hard, especially the Fajr prayer, but like I said don’t fall into Shaytans trap, first start praying the other ones on time first. and then when you feel you would like to start praying Fajr prayers, start, and trust me it will come.

You can also, start praying night prayers. The night prayer consists of 11 rakats but the shortest version of it is 3 and scholars have mentioned that we can pray this night prayer right before we go to bed. This night prayer is invaluable! To show you how much value this prayer has, I beg you to start praying it and in fact it should be one of the first things you should do.

Two raka’ats of prayer recited in the darkness of the night are more beloved to me than the world and all that is in it.
Holy Prophet (s)

When the servant of Allah turns to his Lord in the middle of the dark night, and whispers to Him, Allah establishes His light in his heart . . . then He tells the angels: O my angels, look at my servant. He has turned to Me in the middle of the dark night while the false ones are playing, and the heedless ones are sleeping; bear witness that I have forgiven him.
Holy Prophet (s)

Reading your post brother, I realize that you have lost hope in Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and his mercy. I beg you to not lose hope brother! This is a major sin.

Simply, start slowly, may be extremely slow, but KNOW that your Lord is oft-forgiving and appreciative, meaning he appreciates your work and journey to get closer to him. 

Just start slowly brother, and from the bottom of my heart, I know you will come out of the dark and into the light. 

On a last note: people who lived with our past Imams AS who had troubles in this life go to them to seek advice and help. 

NOW REALIZE THIS PLEASE BROTHER: The Imam of our time, is Imam Mahdi AS, he is your habib and he loves you, and wants to see you get better, so when you wake up, thank Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and pledge your alliance to the our Mawla AS and say Salam to him for by Allah he hears you! Recite Dua Ahad in the morning if you so wish. Never lose the love of the Ahlul Bayt AS and keep them in your heart until the day you die. 

Let death be a reality check for you. Make good friends, stay away from bad people. Become a man of good character for this is the reason the Prophets AS had come to us. 

Also, if you can, ask others with nearness to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to make dua for you for it is very powerful, believe in this! I have experienced this first hand I have never stopped asking others for dua. However, remember to not be greedy and pray for others too.

Lastly, I ask you to make an intention to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to dedicate the rest of your life's good deeds to your parents. Now you might think, I wont have any good deeds haha, But no, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will not only give these good deeds to your parents but will also double and even triple your good deeds. And never ever forget, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is appreciative of your good work and will reward, do not think Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) can be fooled.

All the best akhi,

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) guide you and show you the right path, I can go on and on but I leave you with some inspirational quotes, and I also got a report due haha! Stay positive!

" ANd when I become ill (Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)), it is he who cures me" Qur'an 26:80, so if you see yourself getting better, thank your Lord

"Stop complaining so much about being trapped at home because even that is a blessong of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) upon you"

If you have some good deeds that people know about, make sure you also have some good deeds that nobody knows about except Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), A sign of sincerity.

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) appreciates the smallest good things you do for him whether it be an atoms worth.

"Sometimes Allah afflicts us with tribulations because our hearts have become too attached to this life. it is hardships that break those attachments and refocus our attention to the purpose of our existence. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) didnt create us for this life. Dunya is not our home and realize one day you will be 6 ft under the ground facing your Lord"

2 hours ago, MartyS said:

For the Bible tells me we have all fallen short of the glory of God, who is perfect. And in order to be accepted by Him, reconciled to Him, we must become perfect like Him.

This is fallacious. God is beyond the concept of sin.

On 3/30/2020 at 11:48 AM, Guest Lanat on me said:

I have taken to asking for God's curses upon me . I have taken to [Edited to remove self-harming behaviors]. I commit every single sin in the book. I have a lump in my throat. I can't breathe. I fail to accomplish any of my responsibilities. I do nothing useful with my time. I have no prospects. I am a failure in all respects. It seems as though I can never change. I am the definition of corruption. I am the definition of hypocrite. I am the definition of deserved of wrath. I beg your forgiveness, for this forum is filled with joy and I am bringing my sadness.

Your worst sin is lying brother. You delude yourself. You are convinced that you cannot stop while there is no sin no bad habit under the sun which can not be avoided. You lie that you are sad. If you were motivated enough you would stop sinning. Whenever a believer has to choose between a sin and certain death we choose death while you probably simply can not imagine giving up your comforts and leisure. Take control of yourself. Complain to your own self while being quiet, pray to God and cry before Him, show Him your tears if you have any, look inside instead of outside, and simply stop sinning even it leads to your death. You will not die, you will feel incredible hurt when doing the right things for the first 40 days but if you truly are a believer and motivated you will overcome.

On 3/29/2020 at 11:48 PM, Guest Lanat on me said:

Salaam alaykum,

I hope Allah brings you joy in your life tomorrow and the following days.  I hope Allah brings you comfort in your tough times and I hope you find solace in Allah during these times because if you can't find solace in Allah yet then know you can find solace in your family.  Find solace in your friends.  Find solace in whomever to get you back on the right track and then to Allah again.  It's not a bee-line trajectory to safety and sukoon with Allah for everyone.

I hope Allah brings you close to him.  Search your heart and believe in a tomorrow in which you can aspire to be better than you are now.  You need hope.  And you shouldn't fear.  Remember to have hope.  Hope is a goodness that enters the heart and it will relieve you of your pain.  Remember to remember Allah much, and know He loves you, and he is possibly testing you.  Remember to have a good opinion of Allah during these hard times.  He will raise your levels and you will find happiness with Him and you will find yourself with love of Him and you will be able to easily handle life.

Have sabr and while having patience is a virtue, acting upon knowledge is also important.

I hope you find tranquility in sha Allah.

I also hope this finds you well.

Take care and stay safe,
Your brother (who will smack you if you don't cheer up soon :furious:)
Ahmed

Just as Abraham believed God, and his belief was counted to him as righteousness, for the forgiveness of sin, I have believed God, that He sent His Son into the world to conquer and destroy sin and death and the one who through the fear of death holds all men captive to sin, Satan. And I believe the descendants of Ishmael are chosen by God to receive salvation through Jesus, also.

3 hours ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

The fear of death (assuming after-life) should take people away from sinning.

In fact, Jesus already died for your sin.

This is so interesting to me as a Christian. I was pleased, and not surprised, to hear my Christian brother on this video say that we share this view with Shia Muslims. Blessings from God!

On 4/3/2020 at 5:15 AM, MartyS said:

In fact, Jesus already died for your sin.

It wasn’t him.

they took his “likeness”.

Read this link

https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Image_of_Edessa

and this , under part “account of crucification”.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Basilides

On 4/1/2020 at 8:29 PM, MartyS said:

Dear EThErEaL,

To you, little babies are born sinners?

I was not born a sinner and I didn't inherit any sin. None of us did.

Original sin is enough reason to leave Christianity. It makes God into a being that attributes sin to innocent people.

1 hour ago, Muhammed Ali said:

To you, little babies are born sinners?

I was not born a sinner and I didn't inherit any sin. None of us did.

Original sin is enough reason to leave Christianity. It makes God into a being that attributes sin to innocent people.

Actually, in the beginning, there was no original sin. Adam and Eve were without sin until they disobeyed God and sin spread to all mankind. Our Bible tells us that ...

12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned-
13 for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law.
14 Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come.
15 But the free gift is not like the trespass. For if many died through one man's trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many.
16 And the free gift is not like the result of that one man's sin. For the judgment following one trespass brought condemnation, but the free gift following many trespasses brought justification.
17 For if, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ.
18 Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men.
19 For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous.
20 Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,
21 so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. - Romans 5:12-21

On 4/4/2020 at 12:33 PM, MartyS said:

, to hear my Christian brother on this video say that we share this view with Shia Muslims

hi , he mistaken Sunnis with shia Muslims because Sunnis highly believe to Dajjal (Islamic antichrist) & their definition of beast & it's mark is very similar to christian definition but in Shia viewpoint Dajjal(s) is a great deceiver without godly powers like Christians & Sunnis belive to it & we have another viewpoint about marking because we receive mark from resurrected Imam Ali (عليه السلام) in a divine figure that looks like more than a normal body without our human body limits that he will mark forehead of people with using staff & ring o prophet Solomon /Suleiman (عليه السلام) that believers mark will shine but unbeliever mark will be like a dark sign that they can't hide it from others that we call him Daba al Arz (moving creature on earth) not beast.

p.s: I don't deny that people like Bill Gates have a suspicious agenda but we pray that they won't have success in their evil agenda.

translated them from Arabic accordingly (not literally). (also from German to English by google translator)

According to a statement by Imam Ali : D, Dabba-tul-Ardh will come from the earth in Safa (200m from the Kaaba) [...] wearing the stick of Nabi Musa :?and the ring of Nabi Sulayman : P. Your task will be to identify the Mu'min as Mu'min and the Kafir as Kafir.

The face of the Mu'min will  touch him with the stick of Nabi Musa and it will turn white. The Kafir's face touches him with the ring from Nabi Sulayman and it turns black.

It will do this to all people on earth and from then on Allah will no longer accept Taubah (repentance).

'Aqd ad-Durar 317

Date of appearance: After Gog and Magog, before Yaum-ul-Qiyamah

One day Imam Ali sat  as eating vinegar, bread and oil. A Sahabi came to him, recited the Aya 82 from Sura an-Namil and asked Imam Ali (عليه السلام) what is "Dabba-tul-Ardh" is.

He replied: "It is a dabbah that eats vinegar, bread and oil.

Mukhtasar Basa2ir ad-Darajat 280

Bihar-ul-Anwar 53/112/11

2nd

A Sahabi asked Imam Ali # salam  to tell him something about the Dabba-tul-Ardh.

He : Dreplied: "She is a devout Dabbah, recites the Quran, believes in the merciful, takes food and walks around the city (tamschi fi-l-aswaq)."

Nawader al-Akhbar 291/2 and 3

Basa'ir ad-Darajat 207

Bihar al-Anwar 53/110/6

https://www.shia-forum.de/index.php?/topic/13672-dabbetül-arz/

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.shia-forum.de%2Findex.php%3F%2Ftopic%2F13672-dabbetül-arz%2F

Edited by Ashvazdanghe