Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
jasimalkem

Ghusl

Rate this topic

Hi everyone, I have a few questions about ghusl that can hopefully be answered.

1. When doing ghusl, I was washing the right side of my body and then I put water on my face again with the shower head and then continued the ghusl from the right side of my body as normal. Is my ghusl valid?

2. I had earwax in my ears while doing ghusl so is it still valid?

3. Sayid Sistani said that inner parts of the body don’t have to be washed but I’m not sure if that includes all of the inside of the ear or just the hole so can someone reassure me if it’s the whole inside or just the hole that doesn’t have to be washed please?

thank you.

sorry for my bad English.

On 3/26/2020 at 10:25 PM, jasimalkem said:

Hi everyone, I have a few questions about ghusl that can hopefully be answered.

1. When doing ghusl, I was washing the right side of my body and then I put water on my face again with the shower head and then continued the ghusl from the right side of my body as normal. Is my ghusl valid?

2. I had earwax in my ears while doing ghusl so is it still valid?

3. Sayid Sistani said that inner parts of the body don’t have to be washed but I’m not sure if that includes all of the inside of the ear or just the hole so can someone reassure me if it’s the whole inside or just the hole that doesn’t have to be washed please?

thank you.

sorry for my bad English.

Salam Alaykum

1. One of the differences between wudu and ghusl is that "Close succession" (muwālāh) is not obligatory in sequential Ghusl, so you're permitted to wash a part of your right side, and then do another job (like washing your face again) and then wash the rest of your right side. The following text is from Ayt. Sistani's book (Jurisprudence Made Easy):

In ghusl, you do not need to observe the unbroken chain of washing, I.e. from start to finish without stopping. For example, you may wash your head and neck, then the rest of your body after a while, so much so that this may result in the parts that were washed becoming dry. You cannot do this when performing wudhu.

2. Since it is not necessary to wash inside your ears, earwax would not be a problem.

3. The parts that won't become wet by flowing water over your face normally, are considered to be inner side and you're not required to wash it. So it is not only the hole.

Edited by mostafaa