Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Nimbus001

Can an everyday Muslim ever attain knowledge of the unseen?

Rate this topic

On 3/26/2020 at 1:04 PM, Nimbus001 said:

I was wondering are there any instances of everyday Muslims attaining knowledge of the unseen? Or some comprehension of this?

Depends on what you mean by everyday Muslim.. To gain insight and transcend this world you need to be a person who refrains from any kind of sin and indulges in constant zikr of Allah

Allah grants ilham to any of His servants.  

I'm a bit hesitant to say 'knowledge of the unseen' but...

I suppose this would be considered kashf of his awliya.  

Regards,
Ahmed

:bismillah:

Salam, please explain more. You mean recognizing Wilayat. Or knowledge of the unseen like seeing the spiritual aspect of an apple and not its body or actually having the balance and moderation and management of seeing the actual reality of apple, the whole apple and not one side be it spiritual or material. Whats in your mind share it with us.

Edited by Ali.Isa

Ali.isa your analogy of the apple is what I’m trying to grasp. In so many words to attain a higher understanding of what’s around us for what it truly is through Allah, our Prophets and Imams. If that makes sense. 

On 3/26/2020 at 2:34 PM, Nimbus001 said:

I was wondering are there any instances of everyday Muslims attaining knowledge of the unseen? Or some comprehension of this?

Salaam 

The very first thing id say the correct meaning of unseen and seen we find in the tafseer by Imam's (عليه السلام) is as follows

The Knower of the unseen and the seen, the Great, the Most High [13:9]

Ibn Babuwayh said, ‘My father narrated to me, from Sa’ad Bin Abdullah, from Ahmad Bin Muhammad 
Bin Isa, from Al Hassan Bin Ali Bin Fazaal, from Sa’albat Bin Maymoun, from one of our companions, 
(It has been narrated) from Abu Abdullah (عليه السلام) regarding the Words of Allahazwj Mighty and Majestic [13:9]

The Knower of the unseen and the seen, so he (عليه السلام) said: ‘The unseen – what has not happened yet; and the seen – what has already happened’.

Also I've Heard that the 313 companions of Imam Al Mahdi (عليه السلام) will be just looking at the graves and will be able to tell that so and so is being showered with blessings or punishments/chastisement.

Edited by randomly curious