Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Why are dogs najis when you touch them when they're wet or if they lick you? Does this rule apply to cats or other animals? if not, why dogs in particular? Does this rule apply to other canines like wolves, foxes and hyenas? I want to buy a dog as a pet but I don't understand these rulings, their purpose or benefit? They seem really weird to me. I follow sayed Sistani if that helps.

On 3/24/2020 at 3:40 PM, Hussein5753 said:

I want to buy a dog as a pet but I don't understand these rulings, their purpose or benefit? They seem really weird to me. I follow sayed Sistani if that helps.

You may find the following threads useful.

On 3/24/2020 at 10:40 PM, Hussein5753 said:

They seem really weird to me. 

Salam
I hope you get to know more about Islam's laws and teachings.

but on a general note and friendly advice, if you like doing something, or don't like doing something, be honest and follow your own desire/interest/hobby and don't mix it with religious laws and teachings. don't try to deny or reject religious laws because your personal preference or choices are different thatn religious laws. You like pet dogs so much? that's completely Ok, but don't let it make you say "Islam's laws about najasa and tahara are weird" or such.
It's like -for any reason, laziness, illness or whatever- I can't wake up for Fajr prayer, then I start saying "well it's a weird obligation anyway" or "who said it's part of Islam" etc.
instead of that attitude, I try to be honest, I don't know why Fajr prayer has such a difficult timing, and I can't say it is not part of Islam, yet I can't do it, I fall short. that's it honestly.
that's much better I think. 

Edited by mesbah

On 3/25/2020 at 1:44 AM, Anonymous-Male said:

Dogs are najis because the first dog in the world was created from the spit / saliva of Shaitan which fell out from its mouth and fell on Earth,  at the time when hazrat Adam (عليه السلام) came to Earth. 

I know. Look at how evil these creatures are. Practically demonic.

I wish you guys luck in spreading Islam to Southern Americans. Good luck telling a bunch of country boys they can't own dogs as pets. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, GabrielWithoutWings said:

I wish you guys luck in spreading Islam to Southern Americans. Good luck telling a bunch of country boys they can't own dogs as pets

This is why I believe God sent us Christianity.

It was a warning to show us that if you have a religion that is too willing to adapt itself to whatever behaviours and practices people like to indulge in, at the end there is nothing left.