Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
starlight

Does Disney believe in flat Earth theory?

So in the sequel to the mega hit Disney animated movie frozen, the main character Elsa crosses an ocean at the end of which is a big wall of ice. And entering or maybe crossing it (I didn't pay much attention if it was entering or corssing, was too busy updating my status on social media '#watchingFrozen2') so anyway the wall of ice took the girl to another realm or world. 

Here are the pictures 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRf97AIS03Y2AA9iYHFt1T

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSfHixStZKB2L6llVlvYP

So just now it occurred to me that one of the theories of flat Earth is that the world is surrounded by a thick huge wall of ice that prevents peoole from falling off.

0_GettyImages-480847403.jpg

0_GettyImages-887259802.jpg

See the eerie similarity?? :shock:

In your opinion

1.do film makers at disney believe in fact Earth theory and they are subtly trying to inculcate that into our kids??

2.Does disney know something about Earth that we don't?

3. Shall I let my kids watch the movie again?

Thanks. 

Btw the picture of the flat Earth floating in space like that without a firmament and pillars, and without having layers below it is against both the mainstream flat Earth idea, and against the Islamic and biblical one as well. The same counts for the flat Earth depiction of all main world religions. 

16 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

and against the Islamic and biblical one as well. The same counts for the flat Earth depiction of all main world religions. 

Enlighten me please.

3 hours ago, starlight said:

Enlighten me please.

Which model are you referring to? There is also the Freemason model that is basically a Jewish one (one of the interpretations) from the OT, that is symbolically reflected in their temples that are based on the temple of Solomon, with the concept of 'above as below', that is also one of their symbolic explanations of their hexagram. 

There are so many models of flat Earth from so many sects of so many religions, it's crazy!

In Islam we have narrations from our dear Prophet Mohammed describing what he saw on his night journey looking at Earth. I believe you will find some of them here!

9 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

that are based on the temple of Solomon, with the concept of 'above as below', that is also one of their symbolic explanations of their hexagram. 

Is this model Islamic? 

16 minutes ago, starlight said:

Is this model Islamic? 

Well it's closer than the solar centric one most people believe in today.

Here are depictions of it that include pillars, firmament and there are ladders. The Qur'an actually challenges people with with ladder concept twice.

There are many other details in freemasonic art that is quite interesting. 

843042221_images(3).jpeg.67cc503502e7fb6f6a56f1f5ca7094e6.jpeg

847311880_images(2).jpeg.f0577669a5a28ad91d278df4a5737f53.jpeg

The last word of my previous post "here!" is actually a link to some Islamic sources I found.

17 minutes ago, starlight said:

Why would Disney use something like that in their movie???

I haven't seen the movie yet, even though we started it recently. But the internet connection went bad. Now I'm curious to see it.

4 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

against the Islamic

There is no Islamic 'flat Earth' conception:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth#Middle_East:_Islamic_scholars
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_Earth#Islamic_astronomy

Also, this should be proof enough against it, without even getting into theology:

Muslim scholars who held to the round Earth theory used it for a quintessentially Islamic purpose: to calculate the distance and direction from any given point on the Earth to Mecca. This determined the Qibla, or Muslim direction of prayer.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JBTJRzMK4A&ab_channel=ZTMedia)

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

Guest guest313

you think they believe what they serve to you on these movies and shows and stories? if that was the case they would be interested in truth and not evil cause in most of these movies goodness and truth and light wins and evil loses

rather this is how they brainwash people, they mix truth with falsehood to appeal to the masses in order to deceive them, how do you think we came to where we are today where they set upon the world a virus intended to causes depopulation so that climate change will be slowed down so that THEY don’t die

thats why this whole thing is happening, don’t forget prior to this virus, the theme was climate change climate change climate change and also about how the world is overpopulated , so they set out to kill the weak the poor the old so that they may (what they think) increase their chances for THEIR survival

8 hours ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

There is no Islamic 'flat Earth' conception:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth#Middle_East:_Islamic_scholars
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_Earth#Islamic_astronomy

Also, this should be proof enough against it, without even getting into theology:

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JBTJRzMK4A&ab_channel=ZTMedia)

Flat_Earth_The_Wonders_of_Creation.jpg.9b03bbe7780eefdb2219311d0689b690.jpg

There definitely flat Earth conception in Islam, but like many other topics there are people on both sides of the argument.

Here is a Qur'an analysis from the other side:

Flat Earth and the Qur'an

I found hadiths from ahl bayt referring to our world being the shape of a ring that is on a creature.

Guest Walt Misery
6 hours ago, Guest guest313 said:

you think they believe what they serve to you on these movies and shows and stories? if that was the case they would be interested in truth and not evil cause in most of these movies goodness and truth and light wins and evil loses

rather this is how they brainwash people, they mix truth with falsehood to appeal to the masses in order to deceive them, how do you think we came to where we are today where they set upon the world a virus intended to causes depopulation so that climate change will be slowed down so that THEY don’t die

thats why this whole thing is happening, don’t forget prior to this virus, the theme was climate change climate change climate change and also about how the world is overpopulated , so they set out to kill the weak the poor the old so that they may (what they think) increase their chances for THEIR survival

The Walt Disney Company: "Bringing children stories about princesses who can create ice castles with their magical powers and a sideline in global depopulation through biological warfare."

I think that tinfoil hat might be a tad too tight, buddy.

Hahaha, oh man, where is my box of popcorn?

Shiachat conversations can take the most wild turns.

I remember the Disney movie "dumbo" in which a baby elephant had giant ears and could fly.

How dare they brainwash our kids to believe that elephants can fly with their ears? Must be trying to stop global warming or something.

Edited by iCenozoic

17 hours ago, starlight said:

Enlighten me please.

Atlas in Greek mythology. He held up the World. ln the complete story, This is a lesson warning about stupidity and generousity.

3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Atlas in Greek mythology. He held up the World. ln the complete story, This is a lesson warning about stupidity and generousity.

Thank you.

This wasn't supposed to be a serious thread.

2 hours ago, starlight said:

Thank you.

This wasn't supposed to be a serious thread.

l'd never take a film about an inappropriately dressed dumb-blonde seriously. Does the film have a explanation on why she doesn't freeze to death?

@313 Seeker WikiIslam is a well-known kuffar and murtad website made to make Muslims look bad, and it's full of misinformation and misinterpretation. It's propaganda. It's highly obvious by the way everything is read/written alone.

Please cite preferably a Shia source. Please nothing heretical, nothing Wahhabi or Nasibi or non-Muslim.

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

Guest Walt Misery
4 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

ls she somekind of an ice-o-saurus ?

Of course. Even though most people struggle under the delusion that she's a fictional character she's actually a senior member of the reptilian underground overlords and therefore is cold-blooded.

Guest Walt Misery
8 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

@313 Seeker WikiIslam is a well-known kuffar and murtad website made to make Muslims look back, and it's full of misinformation and misinterpretation. It's propaganda. It's highly obvious by the way everything is read/written alone.

Please cite a Shia source.

And to think I thought Canadians were chill...

7 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

@313 Seeker WikiIslam is a well-known kuffar and murtad website made to make Muslims look back, and it's full of misinformation and misinterpretation. It's propaganda. It's highly obvious by the way everything is read/written alone.

Please cite a Shia source.

Interesting I didn't know that. I just stumbled across this Qur'an study that can be easily taken apart and can be used as a reference.

Anyway, we can continue this discussion in a serious way elsewhere, as the OP stated that this isn't a serious thread. I don't want to joke about Islam. Here in the following thread you will find some Shia sourced materials on this subject.

5 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

Flat_Earth_The_Wonders_of_Creation.jpg.9b03bbe7780eefdb2219311d0689b690.jpg

There definitely flat Earth conception in Islam, but like many other topics there are people on both sides of the argument.

Here is a Qur'an analysis from the other side:

Flat Earth and the Qur'an

I found hadiths from ahl bayt referring to our world being the shape of a ring that is on a creature.

Salam it’s a metaphysical definition in Islam but people are trying to interpret  it as a physical phenomenon to make it easier to understand but they misleaded by their physical example for understanding metaphysical phenomenon. 

@313 Seeker True. Also, the Qur'an is a book for all times, but had to also make sense for the people of that time and be relevant for their lives, so I think the way God wrote it is flawless (obviously), and makes sense from that lens.

On another point, even the 10th century theologians clearly believed in a round Earth. It was well established as truth in major afroeurasian cultures by that time. It was not some Columbus accident like we are often taught, even the ancient Greeks believed in it far prior to Islam.

6 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam it’s a metaphysical definition in Islam but people are trying to interpret  it as a physical phenomenon to make it easier to understand but they misleaded by their physical example for understanding metaphysical phenomenon. 

Well unless we have proof that something isn't too be taken literally, then we must accept it as is in my opinion. If Qur'an and hadeeth describe something clearly in one way, we may not say it's not the way it's described, unless there is clear evidence for that from the Qur'an and ahl bayt.

1 minute ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

@313 Seeker True. Also, the Qur'an is a book for all times, but had to also make sense for the people of that time and be relevant for their lives, so I think the way God wrote it is flawless (obviously), and makes sense from that lens.

On another point, even the 10th century theologians clearly believed in a round Earth. It was well established as truth in major afroeurasian cultures by that time. It was not some Columbus accident like we are often taught, even the ancient Greeks believed in it far prior to Islam.

Some scholars thought it was round as the Greeks were saying, while others said it's as described in Qur'an and ahadeeth. It's just like the wilaya. You have different opinions by different scholars.

12 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

Some scholars thought it was round as the Greeks were saying, while others said it's as described in Qur'an and ahadeeth. It's just like the wilaya. You have different opinions by different scholars.

To what extent should we be looking to other scholars though? We should probably be looking at Twelver scholars exclusively.

Through Qur'an and Ahadeeth it seems that the Earth is spherical:

https://www.al-Islam.org/philosophy-Islamic-laws-nasir-makarim-shirazi-jafar-subhani/question-36-Earth-being-spherical-and

https://www.al-Islam.org/philosophy-Islamic-laws-nasir-makarim-shirazi-jafar-subhani/question-37-rotation-Earth

https://www.al-Islam.org/ask/does-the-Qur'an-say-anything-to-suggest-that-the-Earth-is-flat-or-otherwise

11 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Not to me. The three links only mention one verse that talks about Earth directly. And the argument of dhu meaning ostrich egg is weak to me. It is especially weak because that word only occurs once in the Qur'an, and I have seen no serious ahl bayt hadith talking about this.

Those links ignore the words and instances in the Qur'an that are used several times and have a clear meaning. That's to me anyway. I see one side of the argument very weak while the other is very strong and is supported by known ahl bayt hadiths.

Edited by 313 Seeker