Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Viruses & Vaccinations

Message added by ShiaChat Mod

Warning! Views expressed and sources provided here may be false, misleading, and may not reflect proper medical science. Please refer to a licensed medical professional concerning health related issues. 

• Moderators
14 hours ago, AStruggler said:

And what exactly happens to the spike proteins that get produced? 

They last a few weeks in our body and are then broken down.

14 hours ago, AStruggler said:

lipidnanoparticles

Broken down to nucleotides and sugars 

• Forum Administrators

I know there are many Bro's here worried about vaccine side-effects and considering ivermectin as a treatment if you get covid, because you did not have a vaccine.

The above news suggests that the added benefit of taking ivermectin is long run you also save on condoms.

• Forum Administrators
On 9/6/2021 at 2:03 PM, slavelight said:

A radio presenter died due to complications from the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine, a coroner has found.

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

I know there are many Bro's here worried about vaccine side-effects and considering ivermectin as a treatment if you get covid, because you did not have a vaccine.

The above news suggests that the added benefit of taking ivermectin is long run you also save on condoms.

Thoughts on the recent Joe Rogan events?

• Forum Administrators
4 hours ago, 313_Waiter said:

Thoughts on the recent Joe Rogan events?

At the start (1 min) he refers to combatting his CV19 infection by having monoclonal antibody treatment (what Trump had), ivermectin and according to one of the other participants he 'threw the kitchen sink at it'. 

If people are willing/able to do that I don't see what the problem is with a vaccine.

• Veteran Member
On 8/23/2021 at 7:42 AM, slavelight said:

this could be one of the reasons we are seeing these delta variants

Heard a microbiologist the other day say something along those lines. If a virus is not completely killed it will mutate. 
There is a direct correlation between the SinoVac vaccine and the Lambda variant. 

Edited by Son of Placid
Better source

• Forum Administrators

This might only be available to people in the UK and those of you with VPNs etc. It's a television documentary and focuses on Andrew Wakefield who claimed that the MMR vaccine caused autism in children.

He was denounced by the UK medical authorities and moved to the US, where he has received funding from some rich people. Interesting how he also promoted bleach as a possible remedy for autism, before it became a 'popular cure' for cv19.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-anti-vax-conspiracy

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, 313_Waiter said:

D8A09598-3355-44B3-B231-5BE7C8D44CD6.jpeg.6e21c98c63798f7f9635353de6f1f221.jpeg

thoughts?

i have taken the vax btw

The vaccines aren't 100% effective. Studies typically have them ranging between 60-80% in preventing transmission and 90-95% in prevention of hospitalization. This means that the vaccinated can be endangered by a virus predominantly passing through unvaccinated people.

• Advanced Member
On 9/20/2021 at 9:50 PM, Son of Placid said:

Heard a microbiologist the other day say something along those lines. If a virus is not completely killed it will mutate. 
There is a direct correlation between the SinoVac vaccine and the Lambda variant. 

Any virus that replicates in someone's body has an opportunity to mutate, which is another reason why the unvaccinated population, who are more likely to have and to transmit the virus, are creating an increased probability for variants. Hence why Delta variant came out of India during their issues last summer.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, iCenozoic said:

predominantly passing through unvaccinated people.

Any source for this? Wouldn’t it be harder to notice the virus passing through vaccinated people? Israel is a country that has high vaccination rates and yet is greatly struggling with the virus.

• Forum Administrators
1 hour ago, 313_Waiter said:

Any source for this? Wouldn’t it be harder to notice the virus passing through vaccinated people? Israel is a country that has high vaccination rates and yet is greatly struggling with the virus.

This is from a couple of weeks ago:

The share of the population having received one dose increased from 50% in February to only 68% in September. Children aged 12-15 have been included in the rollout since June 2021, yet despite this, currently only 62% of the population have had two doses.

And

The other big part of the problem has been Israel ending its restrictions. Dr Asher Salmon, director of the Department for International Relations at Israel’s ministry of health, suggested in July that Israel “may have lifted restrictions too early”. 

It’s the latest in a long line of examples showing how community transmission can be easily sustained when national policy encourages the mixing of susceptible people with no or few restrictions in place. The tragic consequences of relaxing restrictions in India shows how devastating it can be when decision-making goes awry.

https://theconversation.com/israel-was-a-leader-in-the-covid-vaccination-race-so-why-are-cases-spiralling-there-166945

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, 313_Waiter said:

Yes. Many blind studies have been conducted. I'll share a few informative videos.

Contrary to what the conspirators are promoting, each of the vaccines has been demonstrated to limit transmission. They prevent people from getting infected, and in breakthrough cases where people are infected, they kill the virus faster (which means less time for the virus to spread). And one of the common ways of observing this is through randomized blind studies and through testing of large populations of people to see who has the virus and who doesn't among vaccinated and unvaccinated populations. When testing vaccinated populations and unvaccinated populations, vaccinated consistently have more negative tests and unvaccinated have more positive tests. Although natural immunity for people previously infected also has been shown to give people comparable protection, at least for 6-8 months or so.

And by testing large populations of people, it doesn't really matter what their symptoms are, you can tell if they have the virus or not regardless.

https://youtu.be/5RWGh19yTXw

https://youtu.be/rA-sCLJO2P4

https://youtu.be/pp-nPZETLTo

Also, Israel has a population of 9 million or so. The state of Georgia had a population of roughly 10 million. Israel has had roughly 7,600 or so covid deaths. Georgia has had something like 25,000.

So saying that Israel is struggling is somewhat of a subjective statement. Yes, Delta variant is still present and is causing many breakthrough cases. Studies are varying depending on the vaccine, suggesting vaccine efficacy generally between 60-80% or so. But what that means is that 30% of vaccinated people, particularly those with weak immune systems, like the elderly, are still at risk of contracting the virus. Albeit their risk of dying is still significantly lower than unvaccinated counter-parts.

So there's no question that vaccination is saving tens of thousands of lives here in the US. And there is no question that vaccination is slowing the virus down by preventing transmission and helping people clear the virus faster. However because the vaccines don't have 100% efficacy, you will still get some breakthrough cases. Which means that vaccinated people are still at risk, which further means that anyone transmitting the virus is still in a sense, endangering the vaccinated. Which includes other vaccinated people, through predominantly it's of course unvaccinated that have a greater probability of having a virus replicating inside them. 

Edited by iCenozoic

• Advanced Member
On 9/25/2021 at 12:17 PM, Haji 2003 said:

Interesting how he also promoted bleach as a possible remedy for autism, before it became a 'popular cure' for cv19.

This bleach you are talking about, is it also called master mineral solution? or maybe it was miracle mineral solution?
I don't know about autism, however I know of that which you call bleach. If it's bleach, then it would be dangerous to consume it right? I know of many who consumed it.
In related manner let me also add that I don't necessary believe in the solution being the 'cure for everything', I do nonetheless know of people who have told me it did help them.

There is a long story behind the solution being called bleach, I suggest you look into it and the creator of it, and what happened to him.

As for Andrew wakefield and his movement, I don't know much about them, have seen them in some article & documentary.

Edited by slavelight

• Forum Administrators
7 hours ago, slavelight said:

If it's bleach, then it would be dangerous to consume it right? I know of many who consumed it.
In related manner let me also add that I don't necessary believe in the solution being the 'cure for everything', I do nonetheless know of people who have told me it did help them.

Yes it is sometimes call master mineral solution. And yes it is bleach.

Regardless of the fact that you know many people who have used it and that it has worked for some, this is the advice from the FDA:

If you’re drinking “Miracle” or “Master” Mineral Solution or other sodium chlorite products, stop now. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has received many reports that these products, sold online as “treatments,” have made consumers sick.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/danger-dont-drink-miracle-mineral-solution-or-similar-products

The moderators on this site take action where people say things which normalise unIslamic (haram) behaviour. By the same measure if some posts material which can harm the health of momineen, similar action can be taken.

Be very careful the next time you say you know someone who benefited from consuming bleach.

• Forum Administrators

Some over-enthusiastic (criminal) vaccine deniers have been sending the following fake notice to British schools. Sadly it does not say much for the intelligence (capability to teach) of some head teachers that they have then passed on this misinformation to parents.

Obviously I am not posting the original fake letter, but the one which has annotations from someone calling out the fakery.

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Administrators

Leah Cushman is prepared to lose her nursing job rather than get vaccinated.

"My beliefs are religious. I believe that my creator endowed me with an immune system that protects me, and if I get sick, that's an act of God. I would not take a medicine that affects the immune system," said Ms Cushman. She denies there is any conflict between these beliefs and the responsibilities of her job.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58851205

Here's another one:

Kahseim Outlaw has just lost his job in Wallingford, Connecticut for that very reason. He was named Teacher of the Year at his high school last year, but felt the mandate to get vaccinated introduced by the state authorities was something he could not comply with.

"I do not use any kind of synthetic ingredients in my life, whether that be for medicinal purposes, supplementation or food. So the idea of becoming inoculated is something that goes directly against the way that I live my life," he said.

If the kids had any

• Forum Administrators

Worth thinking about. The affluent can and do take care of themselves.

The poor cannot.

So when people pop up on SC promoting questioning the danger of the virus, questioning masking and social distancing and promoting vaccine hesitancy - they should consider that their views will have the most impact on those least able to protect themselves.

Worth reading the full paper.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front/2020/03/27/class-and-covid-how-the-less-affluent-face-double-risks/

image.png

• Advanced Member
On 10/12/2021 at 3:19 AM, Haji 2003 said:

Worth thinking about. The affluent can and do take care of themselves.

The poor cannot.

So when people pop up on SC promoting questioning the danger of the virus, questioning masking and social distancing and promoting vaccine hesitancy - they should consider that their views will have the most impact on those least able to protect themselves.

I think with the amount of server issues on shiachat, if they can read my posts (I am guessing you are targeting me?) they can consider themselve amongst the affluent.

Did you watch the video above? anything you disagree with?

• Forum Administrators
19 hours ago, slavelight said:

Did you watch the video above? anything you disagree with?

Two posts above that video I posted a tweet by Eric Feigl-Ding, which had stats to rebut exactly the points being made by the person in your Youtube video.

Perhaps the Youtube video is more scientifically credible because it's shot from a weird angle in a cafe?

There is actually a rebuttal to that Project Veritas video here:

https://www.techarp.com/science/project-veritas-pfizer-nick-karl/

if they can read my posts (I am guessing you are targeting me?) they can consider themselve amongst the affluent.

There is an active group of conspiracy theorists on this forum, if you believe you are one of them, then yes I am targeting you.

• Advanced Member

4 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

There is an active group of conspiracy theorists on this forum, if you believe you are one of them, then yes I am targeting you.

Who's to decide who's conspiracy theorist and who's not?

I don't have any interest in any conspiracy theorist group, I do however sometimes enjoy reading some of their materials in various social medias.

4 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

Two posts above that video I posted a tweet by Eric Feigl-Ding, which had stats to rebut exactly the points being made by the person in your Youtube video.

Not really. There's also stats which points to dramatically better protection from natural immunity opposed to the data shared by Eric Feigl-ding. Again it depends on region and country, which stats should we trust? Some of the stats in favour of natural immunity will not however get acknowledge because of censorship and other factors.

Also let's not forget that there are studies showing that vaccines wears off quite quickly and boosters shots will be necessary. For how long will we be forced to take booster shots?

• Forum Administrators

Who's to decide who's conspiracy theorist and who's not?

That's a pretty nihilistic approach. The moderation policy on shiachat is that in the main it is possible to distinguish between what is safe behaviour and what is not.

People who don't believe this can post alternative views, but where we believe that this may harm people visiting this site, we can hide posts or escalate this to banning individuals.

Also let's not forget that there are studies showing that vaccines wears off quite quickly and boosters shots will be necessary. For how long will we be forced to take booster shots?

Why is the need to take booster shots a problem? Every autumn I have been taken ordinary flu booster shots for several years.

I see that you did not come back to my point about the video you posted containing fakery.

For those people in the UK (or with VPN?), the following documentary is very interesting. The argument presented here is that prior to covid-19 there were a group of people (including Andrew Wakefield) who were against the MMR vaccine. Wakefield's research in the UK was criticised as being flawed and after he lost a legal case he fled to the US. In America he found some rich benefactors to promote his ideas and now there's a whole industry of people against vaccinations - but who also promote their quack cures in order to make money.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-anti-vax-conspiracy

• Advanced Member
On 10/13/2021 at 8:13 PM, Haji 2003 said:

Let me just say, that this particular doctor has also said many incorrect and alarmist things that didn't turn out to be true at all. He always pushes the worst-case and doomsday scenarios in his tweets, sometimes used by antivaxxers in fact, such as when he pushes the narrative that the vaccines cannot stop Delta.

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

People who don't believe this can post alternative views, but where we believe that this may harm people visiting this site, we can hide posts or escalate this to banning individuals.

Have I posted alternative views that can harm people?
is it wrong to sharing information that doesn't get acknowledge in the media?

Can you promise me that what you are doing is not bringing any harm? Is the harm I bring > than the harm you bring? When we are talking about harm, what type of harm are we talking about? If we are talking about injuries, potential deaths and other side effects or the likes that doesn't get acknowledge in the media, have you mentioned any of those? Are those adverse effects not bringing anything harmful? Am I not allowed to discuss and share information from the many victims, doctors & researchers about the harm they bring?

Are you indirectly trying to tell me that we can only discuss and share information about why vaccination is good, but not why vaccination might not be good?

• Forum Administrators
5 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Let me just say, that this particular doctor has also said many incorrect and alarmist things that didn't turn out to be true at all.

No one is perfect.

For any individual that you follow on Twitter that app also allows you to see which of the other people you follow also follow them (if that reads correctly).

I can see that a good number of the sensible scientists that I follow also follow him. These are people in senior positions at various credible institutions and also people who are quite able and willing to speak out against the UK government.

I did check the profiles of some anti-vax nutjobs that I follow on twitter and no the sensible scientists don't follow them.