Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Maxim

Restriction for posting

Rate this topic

Guys, I'm here from 2012 (not really an active user lol, but still...). Indeed, I have only 11 posts... but this restriction... that I need wait for moderator's approval is a joke. :<

Please, give me a permission to post and don't wait ages for moderator's approval.

Thank you  

11 hours ago, Reza said:

A member must have 25 posts before mod approval is removed. It’s an automatic feature of the system to prevent spammers.

Ok... and how moderators approve the posts? I mean - I posted 12h ago in one thread. It still "hidden" because nobody approved the post. After that I made this topic and you approved it and replied. Do you understand what I mean? Looks like if the moderators will not check that thread, my post never will be approved. Sorry, I don't want offend anyone, but this system is silly. 

@Maxim Hello. Mods have jobs (student, worker, mother, father, caregiver, etc.) who are volunteers at ShiaChat in their spare time. They approve posts as soon as they can. You need to be patient, please. 

It's difficult for me too. I tried to submit a few posts yesterday but they didn't even go through, I have no idea why. 

1 hour ago, al-Muttaqin said:

It's difficult for me too. I tried to submit a few posts yesterday but they didn't even go through, I have no idea why. 

The OP was complaining about his posts not being approved fast enough. In your case, the Site was going through an upgrade and debugging process, so nobody could post anything. Whenever that happens, just wait a while and the Site will be up again, in sha Allah. Mods cannot approve posts that haven't been written. :shifty:

Salam I have restriction on reactions too.

14 minutes ago, Belle said:

25 isn't so bad. Wasn't the restriction higher in the past? Just take a few days to make lots of comments!

It used to be 100 or 50 in the old days. Admins have been very kind to lower it to 25. 

Just now, Hameedeh said:

It used to be 100 or 50 in the old days. Admins have been very kind to lower it to 25. 

I agree, pretty sure it was 50 when I joined. I think 50 is excessive but 25 is reasonable. You have to make sure someone isnt a bad person 

16 minutes ago, Belle said:

You have to make sure someone isnt a bad person 

Exactly. It's what separates superb forums like Shiachat from awful "forums" like Reddit and other social media. (Reddit Sucks)

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

2 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Exactly. It's what separates superb forums like Shiachat from awful "forums" like Reddit and other social media. (Reddit Sucks)

I hate Reddit for the opposite reason... Mostly because I can never get a post through on a subreddit... Too many dang little rules lol

1 minute ago, Belle said:

I hate Reddit for the opposite reason... Mostly because I can never get a post through on a subreddit... Too many dang little rules lol

Yeah, true. Having a differing opinion is a ban on most of reddit. Mods tend to be unruly. I guess it's more that I hate the overarching neo-liberal, imperialist, Bernie Bro, Atheist, Shirk, Blaspheming, joke about anything, and hypersexual environment that is Reddit. 

On 3/30/2020 at 5:13 PM, ShiaChat Mod said:

The OP was complaining about his posts not being approved fast enough. In your case, the Site was going through an upgrade and debugging process, so nobody could post anything. Whenever that happens, just wait a while and the Site will be up again, in sha Allah. Mods cannot approve posts that haven't been written. :shifty:

Ok I see, thanks for the info :)