In the Name of God بسم الله

Is 0mg vape halal?

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

As you may all probably realise by now, vaping has become a popular (or a VERY popular) trend worldwide or at least in the Western world which is where I am situated. Obv, using nicotine for any reason would most likely be haraam as it is a drug that inhibits your bodily control (makes you dizzy, basically, unable to control what's happening around you or to control your own body sufficiently) however everyone at school always uses 0mg e-liquid. I have, at times, wanted to try this out however I do not know whether I should. So, what is the ruling (preferably Sistani but I can do Ihtiyat [precaution] if needed) on the use of 0mg nicotine E-Liquid in an E-Cig?

• Basic Members

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Sayyid Ali Shah al-Hasani said:

everyone at school always uses 0mg e-liquid

Inhaling, vaping, smoking anything is bad for your health. So, in my opinion, from my layman understanding, it's bad akhlaq (etiquette) regardless of the jurisprudential ruling.

Here's Sistani's ruling: https://www.Sistani.org/english/book/46/2060/

Question: Medical literature states that smoking is the main cause for heart and cancer diseases, and it also shortens the life span of the smoker. So, what is the rule on smoking concerning (a) the beginner, (b) the compulsive smoker, and (c) the passive smoker? In the third case, the medical experts say that the smoke also harms a person sitting besides a smoker. What would be, the ruling if he considers passive smoking to be of considerable harm?

Answer: Smoking becomes harãm for the beginner if it entails serious harm, even at the future, regardless of whether that serious harm is certain, most probable, or just probable so much so that sensible people would demand caution. However, with the protection from serious harm (for example, by smoking less frequently), there is no problem in it. If continuing to smoke will cause serious harm to the compulsive smoker —as explained above— it is necessary for him to refrain from it unless the harm in quitting is similar, greater than to the harm in continuing, or the great difficulty that he will face in quitting is such that it cannot be normally tolerated.
The same rule as explained in (a) for the beginner, applies in this case also.

• Veteran Member

Vaping is very significantly more harmful for the lungs compared to smoking tobacco. Because vaping machine burns synthetic chemicals which produce very dense and artificial smoke. If you are not addicted to nicotine, a stimulant chem just like caffeine, then why on Earth vape/smoke to destroy your health in a hurry?

• 6 months later...
On 3/21/2020 at 2:36 PM, Sayyid Ali Shah al-Hasani said:

As you may all probably realise by now, vaping has become a popular (or a VERY popular) trend worldwide or at least in the Western world which is where I am situated. Obv, using nicotine for any reason would most likely be haraam as it is a drug that inhibits your bodily control (makes you dizzy, basically, unable to control what's happening around you or to control your own body sufficiently) however everyone at school always uses 0mg e-liquid. I have, at times, wanted to try this out however I do not know whether I should. So, what is the ruling (preferably Sistani but I can do Ihtiyat [precaution] if needed) on the use of 0mg nicotine E-Liquid in an E-Cig?

have you found the answer to this yet ?, as I am wanting to know the same question.

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member
On 3/21/2020 at 7:34 PM, The Green Knight said:

Vaping is very significantly more harmful for the lungs compared to smoking tobacco. Because vaping machine burns synthetic chemicals which produce very dense and artificial smoke. If you are not addicted to nicotine, a stimulant chem just like caffeine, then why on Earth vape/smoke to destroy your health in a hurry?

That’s not true at all.I don’t know where you got that information from.Vaping is significantly less harmful compared to tobacco smoke.Tobacco smoke contains thousands of chemicals and a LOT of them are toxic or carcinogenic.

Liquids usually consist of 3-4 ingredients: Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin, Flavors (and Nicotine).Furthermore, vapes do not burn liquids, but evaporate them.Thus very few pollutants are emitted, provided you use high-quality liquids and not just any liquids.

Vapes are around 95% less harmful than cigarettes!This does NOT mean that they’re safe or healthy.Vapes are unhealthy and can be harmful.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e-cigarettes-around-95-less-harmful-than-tobacco-estimates-landmark-review

https://vapingfacts.health.nz/vaping-vs-smoking/

https://vapingfacts.health.nz/the-facts-of-vaping/risks-of-vaping/

I don’t know any scholar who declared vaping haram.There are no proofs to do so.Fatwas who classified  tobacco smoking haram,are not applicable on vaping.

Using Nicotine in vapes is not Haram,but I recommend you not to do.Nicotine is extremely addictive.

• Veteran Member
On 12/23/2021 at 11:04 AM, shia8 said:

.I don’t know where you got that information from.

I am a scientist and I do not share things irresponsibly. I vaped for a few months. I used to smoke. I owned a vaping machine. The "good and bad quality liquids" I know them. Is that better source than CNN? I don't have to rely on consumerism worshiping corporate funded researches that once said coca cola is healthy or fats are bad. You are not required to believe of course. But read your own post and you realize I have only been more straight forward.