Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Let’s Have a Debate!

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member
32 minutes ago, Reza said:

Let’s give this a try, since everyone’s at home: Let’s do a debate. 

You guys decide on the topic, participants, and rules. I’ll make a special topic where only debate participants and mod posts will be approved. 
 

We’ll make a poll to decide who “won” (more convincing).

If anyone wants to volunteer, say it here.

I think it's soon time to have video debates. Where each person films themselves talking, and eventually you can have both talking on screens at the same time, like they do on TV. Technology is moving fast, and that's what it's pointing to insha Allah. In a way that's a good thing, because pictures really do reveal a lot. Same with sound and stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Debate brother

Salam,

I would absolutely welcome this debate. I think we need something like this, moderated, controlled, where only two people can engage in it. I would like to volunteer first. I hope this isn't about who can shout the loudest, and I sincerely am participating knowing that my mind could change.

I'd like to debate this issue, a title which I feel is specific, and narrow enough:

"Is calling upon the Aimmah directly for our needs in concordance with the Qur'an and Authentic tradition of the Ma'sumeen"? 

1. This negates it being about shirk or not, but rather, if it is within the ethos and justified as it is being done today.

2. Only reliable sources should be consulted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Pschological Warfare
5 hours ago, Guest Debate brother said:

Salam,

I would absolutely welcome this debate. I think we need something like this, moderated, controlled, where only two people can engage in it. I would like to volunteer first. I hope this isn't about who can shout the loudest, and I sincerely am participating knowing that my mind could change.

I'd like to debate this issue, a title which I feel is specific, and narrow enough:

"Is calling upon the Aimmah directly for our needs in concordance with the Qur'an and Authentic tradition of the Ma'sumeen"? 

1. This negates it being about shirk or not, but rather, if it is within the ethos and justified as it is being done today.

2. Only reliable sources should be consulted.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
2 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

@hasanhh, instead of only putting a "disagree" mark, why don't you explain what you disagree with and why?

 

1809069920_ScreenShot2020-03-20at9_08_37AM.png.65b38ab8a68530128c58b0f6fc9d6eee.png

On one occasion, he gave me six or seven DISAGREE stamps in quick succession.

And that dark red colour so hurts my eyes, that from that day on, when I see him, I just run somewhere else.

I agree that it would be better to give reasons for the disagreement rather than use that button. 

I am sure Mr. hasanhh is a very nice man but he doesn't realise that that is what killjoys love to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
1 minute ago, hasanhh said:

Everyone.

l want to think while l read along.

Not be distracted by some ugly mug(shot).

So for you when you see people talk on a screen you get distracted? Is that the reason why you are against people expressing via audio-visual transmission?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, 313 Seeker said:

So for you when you see people talk on a screen you get distracted? Is that the reason why you are against people expressing via audio-visual transmission?

You're kind of being ridiculous right now. People are allowed to leave a dislike without being called out and asked to explain themselves, all you need to know is that he disagrees. The first post was fine (although strange since you took a screenshot), but now you're arguing over it and scrutinizing him?

You get a nice fat disagree

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
1 hour ago, 313 Seeker said:

So for you when you see people talk on a screen you get distracted? Is that the reason why you are against people expressing via audio-visual transmission?

This, plus l won't have to listen to that feminist chatter those silly gurls want to express.

:rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
30 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

This, plus l won't have to listen to that feminist chatter those silly gurls want to express.

:rolleyes:

So to summarize, you don't want anyone to debate via video and sound because:

- you apparently can't think when you see the person

- you get distracted by how everyone is ugly

- you don't want to listen to feminist chatter

.. ok I don't think I can take you seriously, as you aren't being serious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Administrators
6 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

I think it's soon time to have video debates. Where each person films themselves talking, and eventually you can have both talking on screens at the same time, like they do on TV. Technology is moving fast, and that's what it's pointing to insha Allah. In a way that's a good thing, because pictures really do reveal a lot. Same with sound and stuff.

Interesting idea, but not feasible on this forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

@hasanhh, instead of only putting a "disagree" mark, why don't you explain what you disagree with and why?

 

1809069920_ScreenShot2020-03-20at9_08_37AM.png.65b38ab8a68530128c58b0f6fc9d6eee.png

If I could I would disagree too. People don't have to explain why they disagree, so he is free to give you ridiculous replies. 

Your idea is terrible, here's why:

1. We want it to remain within ShiaChat (we want it to remain permanently, we don't want external links, and we don't want to watch livestreams)

2. We want mod cleanup 

3. We want to remain anonymous (privacy concerns)

Also, Reza said in his post: "You guys decide on the topic, participants, and rules." Hassanh was doing just that.

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
14 minutes ago, Reza said:

Interesting idea, but not feasible on this foru

blockquote widget

13 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

If I could I would disagree too. People don't have to explain why they disagree, so he is free to give you ridiculous replies. 

Your idea is terrible, here's why:

1. We want it to remain within ShiaChat (we want it to remain permanently, we don't want external links, and we don't want to watch livestreams)

2. We want mod cleanup 

3. We want to remain anonymous (privacy concerns)

"We" as in you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
3 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

"We" as in you.

Hey listen, this thread isn't the debate. Let people give their opinion and all you have to do is react with disagree/partially agree/agree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, guest 2025 said:

You're kind of being ridiculous right now. People are allowed to leave a dislike without being called out and asked to explain themselves, all you need to know is that he disagrees. The first post was fine (although strange since you took a screenshot), but now you're arguing over it and scrutinizing him?

You get a nice fat disagree

Starts with calling me "ridiculous" and finishes by saying " You get a nice fat disagree"

@Reza is that acceptable start?

I did not use disrespecting language by asking for an explanation.

I wonder who and why this guest post was accepted to be added here. Forget me debating with such conditions.

And to you guest 2025:

I have the right to ask whatever I want as long as it's respectful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
16 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Hey listen, this thread isn't the debate. Let people give their opinion and all you have to do is react with disagree/partially agree/agree.

So you think it's wrong to ask others for their opinion here, as I did with hassanhh ? Doesn't make sense to me. We are discussing the debate which sometimes can involve give and takes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
Just now, 313 Seeker said:

So you think it's wrong to ask others for their opinion here, as I did with hassanhh ? Doesn't make sense to me. We are discussing the debate which sometimes can involve give and takes.

You reply too much, and too frequently. This thread will be 100 pages long and you will take up 50 of them.

5 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

Starts with calling me "ridiculous" and finishes by saying " You get a nice fat disagree"

That user couldn't have been nicer. Literally prefaced it with: "you're kind of being", which wasn't even necessary.

6 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

I have the right to ask whatever I want as long as it's respectful.

You were being disrespectful. You actively demanded he answer to you. It's called hijacking the thread and it goes against the rules. Now don't say that I'm doing the same, you started it, so now I'm telling you to stop it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
20 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

You reply too much, and too frequently. This thread will be 100 pages long and you will take up 50 of them.

That user couldn't have been nicer. Literally prefaced it with: "you're kind of being", which wasn't even necessary.

You were being disrespectful. You actively demanded he answer to you. It's called hijacking the thread and it goes against the rules. Now don't say that I'm doing the same, you started it, so now I'm telling you to stop it.

So by saying :

Quote

instead of only putting a "disagree" mark, why don't you explain what you disagree with and why?

It was a mistake and disrespect?

I won't answer the rest because you don't deserve more of my time and attention.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

Forget me debating with such conditions.

Gladly, you're oversensitive. You can't even accept a "disagree" or someone calling you "ridiculous".

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
48 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Hey listen, this thread isn't the debate. Let people give their opinion and all you have to do is react with disagree/partially agree/agree.

 

11 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

I love disagrees, but I want to know for what they are, do I can perhaps learn.

And yes, I don't accept disrespect

OK  So far we have identified two points:

1] That we are debating on what to debate;

2] That we have to decide if any silly gurls are allowed into our 'club house' debate

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

Jokes can be funny at times and strategic. But all the time is also a forum killer

Agreed. But, he's sorta right. With text it's better, because then it becomes less Islamically sketchy (with video you're looking at namehrem -- which isn't Haram, but you get what I'm saying). And more people will join in. And it will get less personal and heated.

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
38 minutes ago, Hassu93 said:

I don't know whether this is relevant but how many of you love Bloodsport like MMA ?

I had a huge debate online where I proved (or tried to prove) that Chinese martial arts is superior to what they call mma. Was almost like a shiachat experience, with the drama in the end and everything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Hassu93 said:

I don't know whether this is relevant but how many of you love Bloodsport like MMA ?

l had to loook up Mixed M.A. This is more a young persons interest. When l was your ages, the big draw was Chuck Norris who won the National Karate Championship.

l do not consider hunting a bloodsport.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...