Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Diaz

What are you doing these days?

Rate this topic

Hey guys, since majority of us are staying at home, what are you doing these days? Let’s share some ideas because I’m really bored and my stress level is increasing. Today my parents teamed up against me and my siblings because of the toilet, my cat gave birth to a dead kitten, I cleaned my whole room and then I ate a big pack of sweet chili Doritos. I’m planning to watch turkey series at night time and it start raining over here.

Edited by Diaz

39 minutes ago, OmarEl said:

Honestly I wish I could relate, my uni is still open and fully operational. I decided to take matters into my own hands and remain at home though& oh, job applications too which aren't looking great pahahah

All the best brother, take care since majority of the countries is infected. 

Attention parents! This website lists free educational resources so you can keep your children busy and learning while their schools are closed. 

https://oaxacaborn.com/2020/03/13/homeschool-free/

Be well. Wash your hands. 

As one of the old dotards, even l was astonished today by my little sister. She was frantic over the phone, worrying that l ain't going to make it through the next three to four weeks as SARS-CoV-2 comes through the area. We have four confirmed cases in the hospital up the street from me. She knew this from a respiratory therapist she knows who is now on 12/7 shifts (12hrs/day-7days/week). An hour ago it made the news bar during regularly scheduled programming.

So l read Qur'an a little. Then ate. 0ther reading. S.C again. Sorted through some precious junk.

Typical for a rainy, Winter Saturday.

On 3/14/2020 at 1:31 PM, notme said:

I'm gardening. 

If you want to call it that. No change from the usual, I'm cleaning up my own personal jungle. 

Maybe you and Belle should compare notes.

On 4/1/2020 at 5:41 AM, hasanhh said:

Maybe you and Belle should compare notes.

Oh, I weeded four grapevines, but one needs a new trellis. I was going to build a pretty one, but given the restrictions on going out, I think I'll have to rebuild the bamboo one that failed. I've learned from my mistakes - sink multiple posts deep. The wind and the weight of the vines are significant. 

I've got six more grapevines, but before attempting to clear them, I want to plant some herbs and vegetables. Those vines didn't produce anything at all last year so they are lower priority. 

My daughter and I collected wild violets and made Violet Jelly. Its flavor is subtle and interesting, and the color is beautiful. She also tasted dandelions and clover and wild garlic. We've got some good forage here, for a suburban lot. 

But it's cold and raining yesterday and today, so I'm inside helping my two youngest kids with their school assignments and reading and playing. And washing an unreasonable amount of laundry. 

3 hours ago, notme said:

I've got six more grapevines, but before attempting to clear them, I want to plant some herbs and vegetables. Those vines didn't produce anything at all last year so they are lower priority. 

Do you have a wood stove or fireplace? lf you have only wood ashes (no trash burned) put those around the base of your vines. This was recommended to me, l did it, and those Summer's grapes were probably the best ever.

3 hours ago, notme said:

. And washing an unreasonable amount of laundry. 

That is what mommies are for.

4 hours ago, notme said:

Oh, I weeded four grapevines, but one needs a new trellis. I was going to build a pretty one, but given the restrictions on going out, I think I'll have to rebuild the bamboo one that failed. I've learned from my mistakes - sink multiple posts deep. The wind and the weight of the vines are significant. 

My daughter and I collected wild violets and made Violet Jelly. Its flavor is subtle and interesting, and the color is beautiful. She also tasted dandelions and clover and wild garlic. We've got some good forage here, for a suburban lot. 

I am actually trying to grow pink dandelion in my Aerogarden lol 

When I lived in the south, I ate tons of wild garlic and chives!!! Try them in an omelette! They are so delicious!  Never tried the violet jam tho

21 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Do you have a wood stove or fireplace? lf you have only wood ashes (no trash burned) put those around the base of your vines. This was recommended to me, l did it, and those Summer's grapes were probably the best ever.

That is what mommies are for.

You're a gardener too, eh? Nice :)

36 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

I'll keep that in mind. We do have a fireplace, but don't use it and currently have it blocked off, so that children and cats don't try to get into it. We might use it when the children are older and (God willing!) less chaotic. 

Today I didn’t do anything useful, I had my lunch, was walking like a maniac in my room, was scrolling up and down in my iPhone and now I’m hungry, I will have for dinner the leftovers for today’s lunch. I watched a Turkish drama as well. 

Edited by Diaz

Reading. Here are my last 10 books:

Florian Hartleb - Lone Wolves, The New Terrorism of Right-Wing Single Actors - Springer (2020)

(Library of International Relations) Sami Moubayed - Syria and the USA_ Washington’s Relations with Damascus from Wilson to Eisenhower-I.B.Tauris (2012)

Ibrahim Abu-Lughod - The Transformation of Palestine_ Essays on the Origin and Development of the Arab-Israeli Conflict-Northwestern University Press (1971)

Stephen H. Webb - Mormon Christianity_ What Other Christians Can Learn From the Latter-day Saints-Oxford University Press (2013)

(Stanford Studies in Middle Eastern and I) Shira Robinson - Citizen Strangers_ Palestinians and the Birth of Israel’s Liberal Settler State-Stanford University Press (2013)

John J. Mearsheimer, Stephen M. Walt - The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy-Farrar, Straus and Giroux (2007)

Naeim Giladi - Ben-Gurion's Scandals_ How the Haganah and the Mossad Eliminated Jews (2006)

Thomas Suarez - State Of Terror_ How Terrorism Created Modern Israel-Skyscraper Publications (2016)

Nur Masalha - Palestine_ A Four Thousand Year History-Zed Books (2018)

Samar Attar - Debunking the Myths of Colonization_ The Arabs and Europe-University Press of America (2010)

I showered when I woke up, went to the tiny supermarket to bring some candy and chips, scrolled up and down in the internet and then I watched a movie called Silent hill, I love the game so much. Glad that I watched it. 

l had this idea over the weekend.

l have been writing letters to people on my holiday card list. Length and subjects appropriate to the relationship.

So far my uncles and aunt.

Letter writing has become a lost art the social commentators say.

My daughter had a school assignment a couple weeks ago to build a bird feeder. We hung it on our ornamental cherry tree. The seeds that she put inside sprouted. So today we planted them. 

38 minutes ago, notme said:

My daughter had a school assignment a couple weeks ago to build a bird feeder. We hung it on our ornamental cherry tree. The seeds that she put inside sprouted. So today we planted them. 

Where are all your birds?

Around here, it has been cold and wet and tonight it is suppose to freeze. Yet, except for a couple of stink bugs and a fly in March, l have yet to see an insect anywhere. Have you seen any bees or flies?

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

Around here, it has been cold and wet and tonight it is suppose to freeze. Yet, except for a couple of stink bugs and a fly in March, l have yet to see an insect anywhere. Have you seen any bees or flies?

Oh yeah, it's been warm here for a while. We didn't even have a proper winter, didn't snow once and only a couple light freezes. Seen lots of bees and wasps and butterflies, but not looking forward to the return of the ticks. 

On 3/14/2020 at 6:30 PM, notme said:

Attention parents! This website lists free educational resources so you can keep your children busy and learning while their schools are closed. 

https://oaxacaborn.com/2020/03/13/homeschool-free/

Be well. Wash your hands. 

Thank you.

On 3/31/2020 at 8:54 PM, Guest NASA at home said:

NASA offers at-home STEM tutorials, activities

Activities for kids and families stuck inside their home.

https://www.nasa.gov/specials/nasaathome/index.html

Thank you. 

On 4/14/2020 at 7:25 PM, hasanhh said:

22April20 50th Earth Day

l have stiII not seen any iinsects except some picnic ants when l mowed the yard this afternoon. Two groups.

No change essentially in 8 days.

lt froze again last night. Out temperatures are running 10, 15 and 20 degrees Fahrenheit below normal.

ADD: 40 minutes later:  l went back out for a reason and saw two bumble bees. :clap:

Edited by hasanhh
ADD

If you visit the link you will enter a playlist related to Corona Virus. Guidance and ideas can be found in these videos. Especially the Series by Sayyed Rizvi, it starts with 1/The Virus of Misinformation on Social Media - Spiritual Check-Up Series - Maulana Syed M Rizvi

Edited by Mohammed-Mehdi