Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AdinAnikas

The book Peshawar nights

Rate this topic

Salam everyone

I recently listened to the audio book of Peshawar nights in Urdu and its about an evemt where a Shia maulana would answer the questions a the Sunni moulana by giving proof from their Sunni books and in the end all the Sunni people converted into Shias

so my question here is that if most of our stuff is present in their books then why is there so much conflict between us 

like I don’t get it, Sunnis and Shias should read this book and Sunnis should also properly read their books 

like I sometimes think about what if Sunnis are right and Shias arent and then I go back to the book and it straight forward tells me that we’re the same

so why so much conflict

5 hours ago, AdinAnikas said:

so my question here is that if most of our stuff is present in their books then why is there so much conflict between us 

Because their books ALSO say that Abu Bakr and Umar were superior to Ali.

And our books say that they were not.

Peshawar Nights is not their book.

It is our book.

5 hours ago, AdinAnikas said:

I recently listened to the audio book of Peshawar nights in Urdu

Could you please give the link?
Thanks

11 hours ago, AdinAnikas said:

like I don’t get it, Sunnis and Shias should read this book and Sunnis should also properly read their books 

like I sometimes think about what if Sunnis are right and Shias arent and then I go back to the book and it straight forward tells me that we’re the same

so why so much conflict

Any one can read the book titled "Peshawar Nights", It clarifies the Shia position in detail on various issues with logic and refrence from Sunni books, The link is given below:

https://www.al-Islam.org/peshawar-nights-Sayyid-Muhammad-al-musawi-al-shirazi

wasalam

not everyone reads books, for 1000s of years only small portion of population has been literate. These days people are literate but now even less people read books because they prefer facebook and youtube.

The best way you can win ppl over is through your own actions. 

18 hours ago, baqar said:

It is our book.

Thanks

Its available on youtube and on an app called Shia toolkit

but in this book a lot of Sunnis turned into Shias and ill listen to it again and see what their discussions on Umar and all were

Guest G. Murtaza Mehdi

Because hardly any Sunni knows about the book and for those few who do, can't find it in bookstores. The book is unavailable in Pak at least. 

Also, I've been explicitly warned against the book as this book will be the cause of my conversion. 
It is without a doubt, a mind blowing book if you don't already know about most of it, this book will surprise and appal most Sunnis.  

On 3/31/2020 at 3:45 AM, Guest G. Murtaza Mehdi said:

Because hardly any Sunni knows about the book and for those few who do, can't find it in bookstores. The book is unavailable in Pak at least. 

Also, I've been explicitly warned against the book as this book will be the cause of my conversion. 
It is without a doubt, a mind blowing book if you don't already know about most of it, this book will surprise and appal most Sunnis.  

Wait u were warned about it? Did u end up reading it, if yes then do j believe it?

On 3/30/2020 at 11:45 PM, Guest G. Murtaza Mehdi said:

can't find it in bookstores. The book is unavailable in Pak at least. 

I have the original version of the book published in the early 1900s...belonged to my grandfather's elder brother. 

On 3/10/2020 at 2:54 PM, AdinAnikas said:

Present Peshawar nights to a learned Sunni scholar. See what answers he gives you. Then you will have an idea if why Sunni don't become Shia. 

On 3/11/2020 at 2:12 AM, baqar said:

It is our book.

Thanks

I also have the e-book with me in pdf, if any one needs it, let me know.

22 hours ago, Warilla said:

Present Peshawar nights to a learned Sunni scholar. See what answers he gives you. Then you will have an idea if why Sunni don't become Shia. 

I m confused, I have read Peshawar nights. So what should be the expected response from learned Sunni scholars according to you?? 

Just curious to know !

6 hours ago, Man Kunto Maula said:

I m confused, I have read Peshawar nights. So what should be the expected response from learned Sunni scholars according to you?? 

Just curious to know !

I'm not a Sunni or a scholar. So can't help you. But if you are curious just go ask one. 

Edited by Warilla

On 3/11/2020 at 9:42 AM, baqar said:

It is our book.

The Peshawar Nights is not our book. It’s an account of an authentic ten day public debate, therefore there can’t be any bias in it as it’s based upon the concept of “question-answer”. 

On 5/8/2020 at 5:32 AM, Warilla said:

The people who Sayyid Muhammad Musawi Shirazi (رحمه الله) debates were Sunni scholars. 

Peshawar Nights isn’t the only recording of such debates. Anyone interested should check also The Right Pathal-Murājaʿāt (المراجعات), a debate between Sayyid Abd al-Husayn Sharaf al-Din al-Musawi (رحمه الله) and the Grand Imam of al-Azhar, Salim al-Bishri. There’s also the Congregation of Scholars in Baghdad / Baghdad’s Scholars Conference (مؤتمرعلماء بغداد), translated into Persian under the title In search of Truth in Baghdad (در جستجوی حق در بغداد), a debate held between Shia and Sunni scholars in front of the Sultan Malik Shah I which caused him to leave Shafi Sunnism and become Twelver Shia for which he was killed, unfortunately there’s no English translation of it that I’m aware of. The debate has been recorded in detail by the eyewitness Mughatil ibn Atieh whose ferociously anti-Shia father became Shia Muslim at the end of it [the debate].

Edited by OrthodoxTruth

On 3/10/2020 at 6:24 PM, AdinAnikas said:

so why so much conflict

Salam it's not just matter of accepting truth but it's about that is they are ready to sacrifice everything for it. 

On 5/7/2020 at 10:02 PM, Warilla said:

Salam probably a group of them read this book but if even they want to announce that this book is true , then these learned Sunni Scholars must be ready to face with it's consequences such as loosing their students & fans or enmity of them & if they become Shia then they must be ready for sacrificing everything even their life & loosing everything like their family & any source of income & etc. 

1 hour ago, OrthodoxTruth said:

The people who Sayyid Muhammad Musawi Shirazi (رحمه الله) debates were Sunni scholars. ].

Reading a debate in a book and speaking to a Sunni scholar in person are two different things. 

1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam probably a group of them read this book but if even they want to announce that this book is true ,

Maybe some read it and don't feel it's true. And would be able to give their opinion if asked.

Reading is good but I always try to go to Sunni and Shia scholars and ask. You get a much better picture of arguments and counter arguments.

Edited by Warilla

6 minutes ago, Warilla said:

Reading a debate in a book and speaking to a Sunni scholar in person are two different things. 

Definitely it is, but due to the fact that we couldn’t be there at that time, we rely on transcripts.