Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Kamyar Majlessi

Passing wind constantly

Rate this topic

Assalam alaykum wa rahmatolahi wa barakatoh, this is really bothering me. Like I had to delay maghrib and isha because I constantly had to fart again and again. I sat, waited and tried to do wudu. Again same thing. After some time of waiting I decided to just have dinner and pray afterwards. This fart problem isn't new but I think it's getting worse. Like there must be an exception in the rules like I only want to pray but yet I have to go through hell to do it. Like usually I have to grow through salat worrying if I'll start or not and some of the times I do in the second prayer of the two(isha, asr). Is there any exception in the rules for this problem? 

8 minutes ago, Kamyar Majlessi said:

Is there any exception in the rules for this problem?

Before we get to the rules, I suppose you have tried changes to your diet?

3 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

Before we get to the rules, I suppose you have tried changes to your diet?

I have no idea what to change like I think it's better that before. I've tried to lower my meat intake by having salads and vegetarian meals for most dinners

27 minutes ago, Kamyar Majlessi said:

I have no idea what to change like I think it's better that before. I've tried to lower my meat intake by having salads and vegetarian meals for most dinners

You may find the following useful:

Beans, green leafy vegetables, such as cabbage, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, and asparagus. These vegetables contain complex sugars that are difficult for the body to break down.

Soft drinks, fruit juice, and other fruits, as well as onions, pears, and artichokes. All of these foods contain fructose, a gas-producing ingredient.

Dairy products as dairy foods and drinks contain lactose, which can also cause gas to build up.

Fruits, oat bran, peas, and beans. These foods all contain insoluble fiber.

Starchy foods, such as potatoes, pasta, corn, and products that contain wheat.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321604#ways-to-stop-farting

Also the site where it is from has advice about a range of other lifestyle factors that you could consider.

2 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

You may find the following useful:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321604#ways-to-stop-farting

Also the site where it is from has advice about a range of other lifestyle factors that you could consider.

Thanks a lot man, JazakAllah. As of now, what am I supposed to do? I've even had dinner now but I'm still passing wind

15 hours ago, Kamyar Majlessi said:

Thanks a lot man, JazakAllah. As of now, what am I supposed to do? I've even had dinner now but I'm still passing wind

Salam you have too much stress so you must calm yourself that you can say لاحول و لا قوة الا بالله العلي العظيم :bismillah: to calm down also specially repeat it 7 times at dawn & in down also saying it 100 times at dawn recommended & don't drink dairy product specially don't eat Yogurt at night & just eat probiotic  Yogurt also use mint extract.

On 3/8/2020 at 7:36 PM, Kamyar Majlessi said:

Assalam alaykum wa rahmatolahi wa barakatoh, this is really bothering me. Like I had to delay maghrib and isha because I constantly had to fart again and again. I sat, waited and tried to do wudu. Again same thing. After some time of waiting I decided to just have dinner and pray afterwards. This fart problem isn't new but I think it's getting worse. Like there must be an exception in the rules like I only want to pray but yet I have to go through hell to do it. Like usually I have to grow through salat worrying if I'll start or not and some of the times I do in the second prayer of the two(isha, asr). Is there any exception in the rules for this problem? 

One who cannot control urine or faeces or cannot stop passing the wind have special rulings in Islamic laws.

In Arabic the one with the disease of not controlling urine or faeces or pass of wind is called "مسلوس، مبطون و مسلوس الریح".  

Anyway the following is Ayt. Sistani's fatwa in this regard.

Ruling 306. If a person suffers from an illness that causes urine to be discharged drop by drop [I.e. urinary incontinence], or, if he cannot control faeces from being discharged [I.e. faecal incontinence], in the event that he is certain he will have some respite from a discharge between the beginning and the end of the prayer time such that he will be able perform wuḍūʾ and the prayers during the period of respite, he must perform prayers at the time he has this respite. And if the respite is long enough to perform only the obligatory acts of prayers, then at the time he has this respite he must perform only those acts of the prayer that are obligatory and leave the recommended acts, such as the call to prayer (adhān), the call to stand up for prayer (iqāmah), and the supplication that is recited with the hands placed in front of the face (qunūt).

Ruling 307. If a person finds respite [from the illness mentioned in the previous ruling] to perform wuḍūʾ and only part of the prayer, and during prayers some urine or faeces is discharged once or a few times, the obligatory precaution is that in that respite period he must perform wuḍūʾ and prayers. However, it is not necessary that during prayers he renews his wuḍūʾ on account of a discharge of urine or faeces. 

Ruling 314. If someone suffers from an illness that does not allow him to stop passing wind, he must act in accordance with the duty of those who cannot control the discharge of urine and faeces.

For more details about its rulings check the following: https://www.Sistani.org/english/book/48/2156/