Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

2020 United States Elections

Rate this topic

2020 United States Elections Voting Poll  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for

• Donald Trump
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Joe Biden
    • William Weld
    • Elizabeth Warren
    • Tulsi Gabbard

• Veteran Member

Following up on a PBS NewsHour factoid reported by Jeff Greenfield, the leftist ActBlue raised $91.4 millions in the first 28 hours after Ruth Bader Ginsberg death Friday (the 18th). 

Doing some reading l found the Republicans formed WineRed as a counter/response.

Thought: ln both instances, the directors of these funds are effectively a 'new plutocracy.'

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And he got the votes on Super Tuesday. This shows a lot about the US #FreeAmerica #RegimeChangeInWashginton

l have a more assertive opinion.   Whether in the school systems, the military or by coincidence (this scum made Time magazine in the 70s), when l saw the videos of "Creepy Joe" last Fal

"All right. Now who voted for Creepy Joe ?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

2 ltems:

1] ln my area Congressional election advertisements,  who supports the Green New Deal is one anti-candidate negative points being broadcasted.

OPINE: Since probably all of S.C supports a "keep clean" mentality, this Green New Deal does not necessitate a major restructuring of the global economies. 50+ years of environmental law and regulations have made major differences and improvements. Yet, the dollar Greenies want to throw money around on anything that will get themselves 'in the papers' (now, media hype).

The $1/2 Billion  Solyndra 'Scam' (as many accuse it of being) is one example of how the Greenie Imitation of Europe fails:

https://fortune.com/2015/08/27/remember-solyndra-mistake/

2] 2nd Amendment -2nd to None

Unlike other leftie rhetoric in pass election cycles, there is a dearth of gun control hype.

Opine: As l posted last Spring, there was 2.5 Million 'first time' gun purchases in March 2020. Last week on TV, there was the report that in June this year, there was 3.9 million 'first time' firearm buyers.

So, l do not think this is Leftie Hypocrisy, but rather a loss of 'romantic, somehow, maybe, hope-it-happens-well' idealism.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Unlike other leftie rhetoric in pass election cycles, there is a dearth of gun control hype.

Maybe it's regional, but most of the leftists I know are 2nd Amendment protective. As far as I can tell, it's the moderates who favor extreme restrictions of firearms. 

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

Analysis: Violent times in America, elections overlooked by shadow of chaos

This event can be considered as the first time such tense competition takes place between the two major political parties within the history of the United States, leading to potential chaos and tension being created amongst them. On the one hand, Trump is pleased with the state of his recovery from coronavirus, performing among his supporters as if he is Superman and also insisting on the hypothesis of election fraud, on the other side of the story, there are Democratic nominee Joe Biden and his vice-presidential nominee, Kamala Harris, who have a clear performance lead in presidential debates by outdoing their rivals in pre-election polls.

In this breathtaking race, the American people are also unprecedentedly participating in postal voting

Biden Leads National Presidential Polls

The incumbent president of the United States, Donald Trump, did not do well in his first presidential debate against Democratic nominee Joe Biden. By taking account the result of national presidential polls, we can clearly see that Donald Trump is failing.  His coronavirus infection worsened his status and caused him to fall further behind in the polls. ......

Also, the latest polls and surveys conducted by the Opinium Research Institute for the British Newspaper the Guardian shows that Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden is 17% ahead of Donald Trump, setting a new record. The results of the Guardian's most recent poll suggest that 57% of US voters said they would vote for Biden on Election Day, while only 40% have shown support for Trump. 

Unprecedentedly Welcoming the Postal Voting System

Considering this election will be different regarding its voting system, we should take in account that the postal voting system means a significant number of votes will be received via mail. It is estimated that more than 80 million people will vote by post in this round of elections

however, supporters of Trump are more likely to vote in-person. Given the circumstances, Trump is now seriously seeking to deny the validity of online polls and accuse Democrats of committing organized fraud.

Concerns over Post-Election Period

Regardless of the postal voting system and the results of the polls, currently one of the most important issues that has dominated the American political community is the possibility of unrest and rebellion in the days...........The alleged kidnapping plot of Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer...This is at a time when there are militia groups in the United States who are willing to take up arms to defend their principles and interests. Some of these groups are racist and are an advocate of “white supremacy”. On the other hand, there are armed black groups who also believe that they should fight back if suppressed.  

One of the militia groups that was founded in 2008 (which is still active to this day) is called the “Three Percenters”. The group is an extreme far-right American-Canadian militia movement that advocates weapons ownership and resistance to the US federal government's involvement in local and state affairs. ...However, the group is now a fan of current US President Donald Trump. 

Three Percenters' leader. Regarding Biden's victory, he claimed some groups will rise up against Joe Biden's presidency, especially if it's a fraud allegation.

In response, Grand Master Jay, leader of the NFAC black militia group said there would be bloodshed... America will be a violent country. He also stated that they were the largest black coalition militia on the planet....

Overall, considering the position of the two groups, one a Biden supporter and the other a Trump supporter, indicates that there is a possibility of widespread and intense violence in the days following November 3rd, and that even federal police interference may not have much effect on curbing armed extremist groups.

https://en.abna24.com/news//analysis-violent-times-in-america-elections-overlooked-by-shadow-of-chaos_1079170.html

• Veteran Member

l watched the PBS Frontline of 20Oct2020, entitled "Whose Vote Counts."

As a former pollworker for a dozen years until recently, most of what was reported was untruthful or a re-accusation of the 1960s.

For example, "Republican" Wisconsin is accused of voter suppression because it now requires a valid photo-ID (id est not a place of employment) --same as to cash a check at a bank-- as other states have required for decades.

Also, like other states, Wisconsin now requires bringing a utility bill or addressed paystub (which 'are' easy to fake) if you have a change of address and then you vote provisionally (because your current address does not match the one on file.)

There are things that invalidate a ballot, such as marked-up, voting for both candidates, and so forth. Also, not properly fill out the simple form invalidates an absentee, mail-in or provisional ballot --which requires only a couple of items, far less than a job application. And you sign the form --like a check.

The most shameless accusation was when one woman said, "you need to be a lawyer" to understand the voting process. A popularized description from the 1950s. Farcely, so now all da white-folks are lawyers?

lt was an aggravating program to watch because of all the incomplete, untruthful misrepresentations.

I can't actually vote in this election because of my arrest (I didn't make it out without an adjudication, so I can't vote again until 2022). If I could, I really have no idea who I'd vote for. Trump seems to be the only bulwark against the hysterical "woke" religion that wants to make me into an enemy of society for the fact that I'm a White male, but he's an unlikable person and has done a lot that I disagree with. Bernie Sanders isn't in the running anymore, so it's pointless to say that I'd cast a vote for him as a further disruption to the Military-Industrial Complex and I definitely don't like Creepy Joe Biden or Kamala Harris (she's a corrupt prosecutor and I'm not very fond of prosecutors at the moment given my own cirucmstances).

I'm actually pretty glad that I don't get to vote because none of the choices are really all that great.  I guess I lucked out.

On 10/19/2020 at 4:37 PM, notme said:

Maybe it's regional, but most of the leftists I know are 2nd Amendment protective. As far as I can tell, it's the moderates who favor extreme restrictions of firearms. 

I can't say that I know any leftists, but if they are legit leftists then they should realize that Marx said that under no pretenses should the working class be disarmed. However, most of the people who call themselves "leftists" in America are really just radical, hysterical liberals and those are the types that favor disarming everyone so that nobody can put up any resistance against their new religion (Woke) that they are trying to impose on the country.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Abdul-Hadi said:

However, most of the people who call themselves "leftists" in America are really just radical, hysterical liberals and those are the types that favor disarming everyone so that nobody can put up any resistance against their new religion (Woke) that they are trying to impose on the country.

I don't know any of those people, but I mostly associate with normal working folks, not bored upper middle class "Liberals". 

• Veteran Member
45 minutes ago, notme said:

I don't know any of those people, but I mostly associate with normal working folks, not bored upper middle class "Liberals". 

What about "limousine liberals" with their cause celebray ? Howling across the political moonscape. Like Creepy Joe Badin.

:D

Edited by hasanhh
spelin'
  • Moderators
8 hours ago, hasanhh said:

What about "limousine liberals" with their cause celebray ? Howling across the political moonscape. Like Creepy Joe Badin.

:D

Clearly, I don't know any of those people either. I know only people who have jobs because they need them to pay bills. I can only think of one national level politician who has this kind of background, but I'd love it if all of them did. It would be nice to be represented by someone who has an idea what kind of issues real people care about. Rich people usually aren't like us. 

• Veteran Member
On 10/21/2020 at 12:34 PM, hasanhh said:

requires a valid photo-ID

On 10/21/2020 at 12:34 PM, hasanhh said:

lt was an aggravating program to watch because of all the incomplete, untruthful misrepresentations.

So today, Thursday, l found another willful deletion about voter lD:

The 11th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled in October, sufficiently well before the program aired, that Alabama's photo lD requirement did not violate anyone's rights under the 14th and 15th Amendments. lt also characterized the plaintiff's suits in a wording approximating "frivolous".

• Veteran Member

l checked the polling listed at realclearpolitics.

Nearly all polls are showing Creepy Joe leading within the margin of error, except for Trump in Alabama and Biden in double digit leads in New Hampshire, New Jersey and Virginia.

OPlNE: What l find surprising is Baden's lead in Virginia where there were 2nd Amendment fights because the Democrats took over the state institutions and started gun confiscation; and since then the US has had a massive surge in gun purchases -which must have also occurred in Virginia.

• Veteran Member
12 hours ago, hasanhh said:

l checked the polling listed at realclearpolitics.

Despite what info  l copied above, this article is saying Baden is well ahead and set to win.

https://news.yahoo.com/2020-polls-trump-pull-another-155921662.html

Kamala ah Harris is doing online/virtual campaigning.

A factoid on Thursday's PBS News Hour posted that Hawaii has had 104% turnout in early voting compared to the entire vote in 2016.

• Veteran Member

OPINE: Particularly since Wednesday the 28th, the broadcast media has been hedging their rhetoric on a 'sure' Baden Bunch win.

Added: The constant harping on alleged "voter suppression" especially these last  two weeks l believe is to provide 'an explanation' for a Trump win. lntentional or not, this can be a conduit to justify -in some psyches- post election violence.

Edited by hasanhh
Added
3 hours ago, Diaz said:

This election is a joke lol 

I only partially agreed because I feel that at this point, Biden is more of a danger to someone like me than Donald Trump is... and it really kills me inside to have to admit that because Trump is so loud, brash, obnoxious and not very dignified as a president should be. I also don't like how the elite media class has gone all in for Biden and aren't even pretending to be objective at all anymore-- those people are not "my people" and not only do they not care about people like me, they actively revile and hate us for who we are, so as much as it pains me to say it, I want Trump to win again because I feel like he would actually succeed in getting the military out of Iraq and Afghanistan and back home with their families and friends guarding the country like our military should be rather than being sent on empire-building missions on behalf of the elite media "investor" class that really controls this country.

The other reason I feel like this election is a joke is because I don't even believe that people like me in my socioeconomic bracket have our votes counted at all. Add to that the fact that Biden isn't going to be the real president (It's going to be Kamala Harris much like in the way that the person actually making the policy decisions for Trump is Michael Pence) & I've pretty much lost faith in American elections entirely. After all, we can rig elections overseas in the countries we exploit for imperial purposes, it wouldn't take much effort to rig and election here in the states.

• Veteran Member

Add to that the fact that Biden isn't going to be the real president (It's going to be Kamala Harris much like in the way . . .)

...much like the way Cheney was for baby Bush.

. . . it really kills me inside to have to admit that because Trump is so loud, brash, obnoxious and not very dignified as a president should be.

l agree. He is also the worse on the podium (excepting campaign rallies).

Compare Trump to the best l know of -Nixon.

Fifty years ago we played "the Nixon Game," in grad school.

This is how we played. Nixon would hold a news conference. When a reporter started to ask a question, a student would turn the volume down to silent. Then one of us would ask some question. Usually the goofy or off-beat kind. Then as Nixon started to answer the volume would be turned up. Usually, two out of five times we could hear an "answer" to our question. Nixon was that good. Once, it was four out of five. [We were seriously screaming with laughter.] No matter our individual politics, we all admired how good he was. Someone once asked, what the US nuclear policy was towards Antarctica. And we heard a good answer. Nixon a lot of times would begin with, "Just let me say this: . . ."

lf you want an idea of how outstanding this talent of his was, watch the "Checkers Speech" online. lt starts with addressing questions about campaign money and ends with "we're gonna keep that dog."

• Veteran Member
17 hours ago, hasanhh said:

PBS News Hour, Saturday, 31Oct2020

The program is reporting from North Carolina. Hari Sreenivasan began the program by saying that "Climate Change" is the biggest issue in that state.

:hahaha: "What a contrast. What hokeiness."

23 hours ago, hasanhh said:

..much like the way Cheney was for baby Bush.

exactly like Cheney was for Dubya and exactly like Mike Pence is for Trump. I'd be willing to be that Obama was only a figurehead president as well. It seems like after Clinton, they made the de facto president the person in the VP position so that they could act and set policy with impunity, avoiding all criticism from the public which the figurehead president absorbs. That's why Dubya got away with his war crimes and why Obama preached "hope" and "change" and then loaded his cabinet with people from or recommended by Citigroup. They've got it down to a science as to how to get away with whatever they want regardless of how the American people feel about it-- it's a strategy of power that keeps all opposition off-balance and swinging obvious strikeouts. Vladislav Surkov sort of pioneered this strategy with Vladimir Putin and brought it onto the battlefield in the Ukrainian war in Donbass "Non-linear warfare"