Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mohammed-Mehdi

Idea for a new emote:

Rate this topic

Would you like to see a new SubhanAllah (or wow/amazement expressing) emote (reaction) possible for users on this site?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a new SubhanAllah (or wow/amazement expressing) emote (reaction) possible for users on this site?

• Yes
    • No
    • No opinion / Don't know
    • I have a better idea: (comment below / PM)

4 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

I would like to see a SubhanAllah emote (reaction) added with those which we already have like: My prayers, conpletely agree, etc.

ShiaChat created a SubhanAllah reaction on April 11, 2018, but many members failed to use it. Since there were complaints about having too many reactions that were filling up the screen on mobile devices, the SubhanAllah reaction was removed on July 26, 2018. 

ShiaChat now has many emoticons and most people do not use them. Click on the smiley face to open the Emoji feature. In order to see all the emojis, you might need to slide the bar down (blue arrow). See the image:

emoji box.jpg

4 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

@Hameedeh Thanks for reminding us. I am however talking about the emoticons that can be replied to a comment; the hart symbol at the same hgeight of the Quote option.

These are referred to as “Reactions”. 

I’ve experimented with different ones, and they were not used enough by members, including Subhanallah (maybe you don’t remember when we had it). The selection of reactions need to be less cluttered and simple as possible, and not take up too much space. 

Unfortunately members can not toggle, enable, or disable individual reactions, we all get the same list.

Making a new reaction and adding it is easy for me, I just haven’t thought of anything I know people would use. I’m ok with what we have now, and seems to cover the most common reactions a person would have to any given post. I don’t want novelties.