Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ali2196

Is it permissible to sleep with no clothes?

Rate this topic

Is it makruh or haram so sleep with no clothes on?

not in a state of Janabat but say just before bed sleep in undies only or nothing for example.

some brothers from ahlul sunnah say it’s ok if a blanket is covering. But still preferred to cover “awrah”. What is the Shia view 

This topic was moved to Jurisprudence because the OP is asking for a "haram" or "makruh" ruling. Please give evidence when you reply. No speculation or opinion, please. 

Mod Note: Guests are allowed to reply, unless you are a banned member who cursed Mods/Admins and threatened the Owner, so you should stop because Mods are not going to approve your post.

Edited by ShiaChat Mod
Mod Note

On 2/27/2020 at 6:08 AM, Ali2196 said:

it makruh or haram so sleep with no clothes

Salam it's makruh also Imam Ali (عليه السلام) when a Muslim man has no clothes then Shaitan becomes greedy to infect him, I mentioned source of hadith in another thread but I don't remember it's title 

On 2/27/2020 at 1:52 PM, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam it's makruh also Imam Ali (عليه السلام) when a Muslim man has no clothes then Shaitan becomes greedy to infect him, I mentioned source of hadith in another thread but I don't remember it's title 

Thanks my number 1 replier ahaha. Does this mean I have to wear shorts and a shirt what is the minimum. I’s there a preferred coverage?

8 hours ago, Ali2196 said:

Thanks my number 1 replier ahaha. Does this mean I have to wear shorts and a shirt what is the minimum. I’s there a preferred coverage?

Bro, first tell us whether you prefer to get rid of your skin and flesh so that your skeleton should get some air must be feeling suffocated for being overburdened by skin and flesh.:hahaha:

Note: - This is for joke.

On 2/28/2020 at 1:48 AM, Ali2196 said:

yeah , this is true.

On 2/28/2020 at 6:10 PM, Flying_Eagle said:

Bro, first tell us whether you prefer to get rid of your skin and flesh so that your skeleton should get some air must be feeling suffocated for being overburdened by skin and flesh.:hahaha:

Note: - This is for joke.

Nah brother, just a question I’d like to know curious lol 

16 hours ago, AStruggler said:

This sounds like a cheap, unclassy and unmaly thing to do. I wouldn't.

I never said I do it. All I’m asking is would wearing just shorts or undies haram. I knew it was Makrouh to be fully undressed but I wanted to know the reasons. I’m that guy who whatever comes in mind I must questions or find out lol. Reason for making this post is I seen a post on an ahlul sunnah page saying it’s disliked but having a blanket is fine. That is why I asked if it’s okay to be undressed with a blanket over. I wanted to understand the Shia view of this. 

note: I’m also that guy who everyone misunderstands my point ahahah 

18 hours ago, Ali2196 said:

Nah brother, just a question I’d like to know curious lol 

Qur'an says that do not visit people in afternoon and at night during time of rest because it may be they are having rest. 

This probably implies that a person might be resting without his shirt on. 

However, the morals teach us alot. A Muslim may feel shame even because of Allah's name in mobile attribute to man. And, therefore, such shame prevents him from sleeping with only undergarment on. You can sleep without shirt but shouldn't sleep just with lower body undergarment, wear a soft trouser and sleep.

15 hours ago, Ali2196 said:

I never said I do it. All I’m asking is would wearing just shorts or undies haram. I knew it was Makrouh to be fully undressed but I wanted to know the reasons. I’m that guy who whatever comes in mind I must questions or find out lol. Reason for making this post is I seen a post on an ahlul sunnah page saying it’s disliked but having a blanket is fine. That is why I asked if it’s okay to be undressed with a blanket over. I wanted to understand the Shia view of this. 

note: I’m also that guy who everyone misunderstands my point ahahah 

who cares lol

9 hours ago, AStruggler said:

who cares lol

Nah bro I care you know why? Cause if it’s haram why would I want to do it, if it’s makrooh to sleep In undies I wouldn’t do it. I like to know thing wether they have a major importance or not. 

Salam Alaykum

Getting naked is not haram per se (if you're alone) but that is Makrooh. There are some hadiths -with regards to this point- like the one following:

"قَالَ: نَهَى رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ص عَنِ التَّعَرِّي بِاللَّيْلِ وَ النَّهَارِ"

The Prophet prohibited from getting naked during day and night.

If you know Arabic more hadiths are available. Check the following link. islamquest.net

Regarding this point sleeping in undies -per se- wouldn't be Makrooh.