Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Kamyar Majlessi

Shaytan's abilities

Rate this topic

Assalam alaykum wa rahmatolahi wa barakatoh, in salat I felt like I passed wind but ignored it because I wasn't sure. When I checked afterwards I felt like a smelt something for a slight second now I don't know if this is me being an idiot and saying it's shaytan when I had actually farted in salat or it was actually a fake smell because I don't think I smelt it when I tried a second time. I wanted to ask if me not repeating the salat was a correct matter and what exactly are the abilities of shaytan on man? 

Ws wr wb

As long as you did not hear or could not smell anything, you are correct in not needing to repeat the Salat.

As for Shaytan's abilities, he's got helpers who's specific job is to plant Wuswas and doubt during Wudhu and Salat according to Ahlul Bayt's (عليه السلام) narrations.

Edited by Moalfas
Typo

6 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

As long as you did not hear or could not smell anything, you are correct in not needing to repeat the Salat.

As for Shaytan's abilities, he's got helpers who's specific job is to plant Wuswas and doubt during Wudhu and Salat according to Ahlul Bayt's (عليه السلام) narrations.

Well I didn't smell anything during the salat my doubt is me *possibly* smelling afterwards and saying that it could've happen while I was still praying. The problem is, by acting like this I feel like I'm just trying to avoid repeating it, again, that might be shaytan. Like this in itself, me blaming shaytan for everything, I don't know if that's correct 

6 minutes ago, Kamyar Majlessi said:

. The problem is, by acting like this I feel like I'm just trying to avoid repeating it, again, that might be shaytan. Like this in itself, me blaming shaytan for everything, I don't know if that's correct 

From your previous questions, it seems you're not trying to avoid repeating it. You do seem to have a tendency to doubt which is a perfectly normal thing at different levels.

This 'extra' doubt or Wuswas, I can assure you is both condoned and supported by Shaytan.

I would also look into addressing possible underlying triggers. 

11 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

From your previous questions, it seems you're not trying to avoid repeating it. You do seem to have a tendency to doubt which is a perfectly normal thing at different levels.

This 'extra' doubt or Wuswas, I can assure you is both condoned and supported by Shaytan.

I would also look into addressing possible underlying triggers. 

Indeed, I don't know, maybe I'm getting these feeling due to ignoring doubts but JazakAllah thanks a lot