Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Akbar673

66% of America would vote for a Muslim candidate for President.

Rate this topic

Ilhan Omar isn’t disrespectful at all, What exactly do you want her to do? It’s the work of a politician to hold people accountable, and yes that involves being firm. How do you suppose she should ask questions? “Sir respectfully don’t take this the rude way but didn’t you arm the El Salvadorian military when they were massacring people?” Please man, there’s a place for civility but challenging powerful people is important and firmness is needed for that.

Rashida and ilhan are true followers of Aisha 

Does not mean we should blindly follow Republican propaganda either,  as clearly they are no innocent choir boys either 

Muslims are trying to gain political capital by allying with all liberal leftist lgbt causes.Its a molotov ribbentrop pact

What left and dems do not realize is that most Muslim community leaders are extremely prejudiced and bigoted and the moment their movement takes off or when Muslim gain a sizable majority they will stab their leftist progressive allies in the back

Edited by Panzerwaffe

3 hours ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Her choice of words was always poor, she sounded like a supporter of terrorism and an anti-semite. She apparently had a weak understanding of Palestine and Anti-Zionism... so she wasn't really doing that cause any favours.

That’s not true. She criticised groups having her pledge allegiance to a foreign country (in this context Israel). That’s very much what AIPAC does, they lobby Congress to get anti-BDS legislation in states and deprive Americans of first amendment rights in so far as Israel is concerned. In other words, Israel takes precedence over the oath that these slimy politicians took. It turned into a smear campaign when disingenuous people like Chelsea Clinton and Meghan McCain, two trust fund brats who disgrace the world with their awful presence turned it into somehow an anti-Semitic statement by saying she was saying Jews hold dual loyalty. That’s not what she was saying at all, she was comparing aipac to the NRA, fossil fuel lobbyists etc. and saying if I can criticise the latter why not the former? As for her defense of terrorism, this was a video Trump shared that he took out of context when she said Muslims were collectively blamed for the actions of a few, which is a true statement. Republicans are always going to smear you no matter what, which is why the concept of civility needs to be tossed in the trash where it belongs. Otherwise you have no principles and will compromise your beliefs just to get on.

6 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Muslims are trying to gain political capital by allying with all liberal leftist lgbt causes.Its a molotov ribbentrop pact

I think allying with the anti-lgbt party is not much of a choice given their opinions of Muslims. So I don’t know what your solution is to entering politics if you’re Muslim? 

4 minutes ago, Mohamed1993 said:

I think allying with the anti-lgbt party is not much of a choice given their opinions of Muslims. So I don’t know what your solution is to entering politics if you’re Muslim? 

So Sunnis are essentially in taqiyya? No wait it's not taqiyya just pure hypocrisy 

Btw Shias should better not hope Sunni Muslims ever get in high political positions otherwise Shias will be in cages somewhere out west.Another reason why I don’t support any Sunni Muslim politicians 

1 minute ago, Panzerwaffe said:

So Sunnis are essentially in taqiyya? No wait it's not taqiyya just pure hypocrisy 

Btw Shias should better not hope Sunni Muslims ever get in high political positions otherwise Shias will be in cages somewhere out west.Another reason why I don’t support any Sunni Muslim politicians 

well seeing as how Iranians are being treated at the border under this Christian fundamentalist administration and you have people that are Muslim and Jewish calling the administration out, ill side with the latter. In either case, what if they’re secular and hence why they’re supporting LGBT rights? If so, we got less to worry about.

21 minutes ago, Mohamed1993 said:

Ilhan Omar isn’t disrespectful at all, What exactly do you want her to do? It’s the work of a politician to hold people accountable, and yes that involves being firm. How do you suppose she should ask questions? “Sir respectfully don’t take this the rude way but didn’t you arm the El Salvadorian military when they were massacring people?” Please man, there’s a place for civility but challenging powerful people is important and firmness is needed for that.

Yeah, I meant more of the smiling whilst doing this. But you're right.

My point is that Muslim politicians in America will be hated. You need to be really on point, or else the hate will trickle down to our communities.

It's hard to find a video of her that doesn't have more dislikes than likes.

Israel! Muslims fear of this state is just as irrational as Republicans fear of abortion, gun control and sharia law in middle America.While they fail to realize that poor access to healthcare , suicide,  opioids kill far more white Christian's than anything else

5 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

My point is that Muslim politicians in America will be hated. You need to be really on point, or else the hate will trickle down to our communities.

Yeah people with principle don’t tend to be popular. Even though most people say most people are nice, I beg to differ, most people are only interested in themselves and making their lives better and if they can find a scapegoat to blame all their problems on they will and if they can tell themselves lies to convince themselves of their inherent goodness then they will. It works on both sides of the aisle. It’s why you become an introvert and hate everyone. Lol!

Just now, Panzerwaffe said:

Israel! Muslims fear of this state is just as irrational as Republicans fear of abortion, gun control and sharia law in middle America.While they fail to realize that poor access to healthcare , suicide,  opioids kill far more white Christian's than anything else

I don’t fear it. I actually have grown to care less and less about the ME. I had a stronger position on right and wrong before but it’s all just a bunch of power hungry actors fighting one another with no one able to claim any modicum of higher moral ground. I just think Israel shouldn’t be granted special favours when it comes to boycotts etc. they should be treated like the foreign country that they are.

16 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Muslims should be like amish 

Apolitical,  focus on your community,  fund charities and makes lots of money

Cut out the Israel bashing 

Automatically approval rating will go up with time 

Edited by Panzerwaffe

1 minute ago, Mohamed1993 said:

Yeah people with principle don’t tend to be popular. Even though most people say most people are nice, I beg to differ, most people are only interested in themselves and making their lives better and if they can find a scapegoat to blame all their problems on they will and if they can tell themselves lies to convince themselves of their inherent goodness then they will. It works on both sides of the aisle. It’s why you become an introvert and hate everyone. Lol!

I don’t fear it. I actually have grown to care less and less about the ME. I had a stronger position on right and wrong before but it’s all just a bunch of power hungry actors fighting one another with no one able to claim any modicum of higher moral ground. I just think Israel shouldn’t be granted special favours when it comes to boycotts etc. they should be treated like the foreign country that they are.

Yes that I agree with that

Israel is just another foreign ally, just sell them weapons don’t send our marines to die in its neighborhood

7 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Israel is just another foreign ally, just sell them weapons don’t send our marines to die in its neighborhood

Nationalist I see? Well I think in this case I’d say if you were willing to surrender your ethical and moral decision making to leaders who have never told the truth about most wars I can think of then you deal with the consequences. That’s the harsh reality. The people I mourn for most are the kids In these places whose parents were selfish enough to have them in the middle of a warzone and now they have to bear the brunt of decisions they had little to do with. Marines, the people they fight, etc. made conscious decisions that they bear the brunt of. So zzzz. I snooze every time I hear Tulsi Gabbard talk about the human cost of war, ya signed up, no one dragged you.

Edited by Mohamed1993

51 minutes ago, Mohamed1993 said:

Nationalist I see? Well I think in this case I’d say if you were willing to surrender your ethical and moral decision making to leaders who have never told the truth about most wars I can think of then you deal with the consequences. That’s the harsh reality. The people I mourn for most are the kids In these places whose parents were selfish enough to have them in the middle of a warzone and now they have to bear the brunt of decisions they had little to do with. Marines, the people they fight, etc. made conscious decisions that they bear the brunt of. So zzzz. I snooze every time I hear Tulsi Gabbard talk about the human cost of war, ya signed up, no one dragged you.

No empire in history had any ethical or moral standards 

And no kings or presidents of great powers ever tell the truth to the masses 

Let's accept it and move on 

8 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

No empire in history had any ethical or moral standards 

And no kings or presidents of great powers ever tell the truth to the masses 

Let's accept it and move on 

Yep upto us to find the truth or to face the consequences. Such is life.

2 minutes ago, Mohamed1993 said:

Yep upto us to find the truth or to face the consequences. Such is life.

Well our religion is truth and it cannot be freely practiced in any Muslim country so we stay as a protected minority in the west let's be grateful for their splendid hospitality and not disrespect our hosts.

Tulsi again is woman , there is a reason why they are ineligible for leadership 

Edited by Panzerwaffe

1 minute ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Well our religion is truth and it cannot be freely practiced in any Muslim country so we stay as a protected minority in the west let's be grateful for their splendid hospitality and not disrespect our hosts.

Not disrespecting anyone. Just stating plain facts. As Ben Shapiro (whom I loathe btw) says facts don’t care for your feelings.

Edited by Mohamed1993

2 minutes ago, Mohamed1993 said:

Not disrespecting anyone. Just stating plain facts. As Ben Shapiro (whom I loathe btw) says facts don’t care for your feelings.

Uggh ben Shapiro,  hes a charlatan,  shyster spin doctor 

Sometimes he makes sense like against liberals who cry racism otherwise hes a whiny baby 

3 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Uggh ben Shapiro,  hes a charlatan,  shyster spin doctor 

the stupid person's genius. He has a lot of support though because people are rather thick. All you have to do is talk really fast and quote a lot of statistics and people think he must be smart, wow, damn. In reality it's just people's way of being too lazy to do their own research and deferring to a figure that they can gladly worship. The worst part is these people then end up breeding more, since obviously they have no other ambition in life and producing more of the same. 

2 hours ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Disagree. You can fight Isreal but you need to have tact & knowledge. You need to spread awareness. However, the last thing I would want is a secular Muslim given the world's largest platform of U.S. president, and have this Muslim be the head of state of the world's most immoral destructive military. I wouldn't want this person to be the symbol of Islam. My point was that Ilhan Omar had no tact, and made little attempt/success to persuade and inform the average American of the plight of Palestinians. I don't live in the U.S., I live in Canada, yet I could sense that her candidacy would cause a ripple effect of hatred and misinformation for all Westerners towards Muslims and Islam.

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

59 minutes ago, Mohamed1993 said:

the stupid person's genius. He has a lot of support though because people are rather thick. All you have to do is talk really fast and quote a lot of statistics and people think he must be smart, wow, damn. In reality it's just people's way of being too lazy to do their own research and deferring to a figure that they can gladly worship. The worst part is these people then end up breeding more, since obviously they have no other ambition in life and producing more of the same. 

Lol yup demographics is destiny brother

Watch kyle kulinski demolish Shapiro on youtube 

2 hours ago, Panzerwaffe said:

I'm going to think this Amish thing over. It's a comment that definetly takes some pondering.

6 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Disagree. You can fight Isreal but you need to have tact & knowledge. You need to spread awareness. However, the last thing I would want is a secular Muslim given the world's largest platform of U.S. president, and have this Muslim be the head of state of the world's most immoral destructive military. I wouldn't want this person to be the symbol of Islam. My point was that Ilhan Omar had no tact, and made little attempt to persuade and inform the average American of the plight of Palestinians. I don't live in the U.S., I live in Canada, yet I could sense that her candidacy would cause a ripple effect of hatred and misinformation of Westerners towards Muslims and Islam.

But why defeat Israel?  To what end ?

How many Muslims have Israelis killed ? Egyptian secret police alone have probably killed more 

Trade with Israel learn from Israel 

Seriously move on 

Btw all militaries are immoral and its directly proportional to the political ambitions of its leaders

Canada is no exception fought ww1 ww2 for British,  why ? Did its people really have anything to fear from Germans ?

Edited by Panzerwaffe

2 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

I think that supporting lgbtq rights is an honorable act. Even for Muslims and Christians. Jesus said to love your enemy and your neighbor. When Obamas administration passed the ban on denying gay marriages, he was simply banning discrimination based on sexual orientation. 

Religious people can support the fair treatment of people without necessarily endorsing their position on who they love.

And for @AmirioTheMuzzy, the footage I've seen this far of Omar Ilhan appears to just show a strong black woman "sticking it to the Man", which America has been over due for, for centuries. Though I otherwise agree that politicians in general are unlikely/never to be good representatives of religion. There's just too much cultural influence, economic influence, non-spiritual influence etc. for political leaders to really make good religious leaders.

And there's too much subjectivity in religious thought to be applied to complex societies of countless forms of differing beliefs. And thus, religious leaders could fall victim to subconscious bias and unfair treatment of others such as gays or atheists or Shia etc.

Edited by iCenozoic

12 minutes ago, iCenozoic said:

I think that supporting lgbtq rights is an honorable act. Even for Muslims and Christians. Jesus said to love your enemy and your neighbor. When Obamas administration passed the ban on denying gay marriages, he was simply banning discrimination based on sexual orientation. 

Religious people can support the fair treatment of people without necessarily endorsing their position on who they love.

But Muslims do not genuinely have any love or sympathy for LGBT community,  or any nonsunni Muslim community for that matter.They are simply crying  "Islamophobia " to stifle any criticism of their communities,  and then hiding in the liberal camp who rely on identity politics and will blindly welcome anyone who hates Trump & Republicans.

Thsts why Muslims push WOMEN leaders like sarsor ilhan rashida as they have more appeal in the liberal camp than a bearded old Muslim man would.

Edited by Panzerwaffe

1 hour ago, Panzerwaffe said:

But Muslims do not genuinely have any love or sympathy for LGBT community

I've had gay workmates, them being gay did not change my opinion of them whatsoever. Keep PDAs out of my sight regardless of if you're gay or straight and I don't care.

On 2/20/2020 at 3:00 PM, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Her choice of words was always poor, she sounded like a supporter of terrorism and an anti-semite.

I agree with you on that. I think English not being her native language, or even a language that she has a mastery of has led to her being unable to communicate the opinion she was trying to make. Also, she fails to have a grasp of the sensitivities of other people. I think both of those combine together and cause people to either hate her or love her. 

She also sins openly and doesn't apologize for it.

Hmmm...not sure if I agree with you on this. Not denying she sins (which of us doesn't?), but why does she have to apologize for it? Yes, she's a practicing Muslim but why does she have to be infallible? Rashida Tlaib & Andre Carson are also Muslim but we don't see them being held under a microscope. Keith Ellison as well.

Even if we ignore all of this, her AKHLAQ (etiquette) was incredibly poor!

Yup, totally agree with you on this one. Her lack of understanding of the sensitivities regarding certain issues has led to people feeling very polarized about her. 

Lastly, she is pro-lgbt in the sense that she almost makes homosexuality seem Islamically permissible to outsiders, through her speaking (perhaps the subtle conflation of homosexual and homosexuality), through her frequenting of drag shows (remember that this is not the same as transgenderism... these are people who do not have gender dysphoria, but want to blazingly violate Male and Female social rules, by dressing up and acting like the opposite sex for entertainment) and by significany surpassing DNC party minimum for LGBTQ+ outreach and significantly surpassing the outreach of the other Democrat candidates.

I disagree with you on this. This isn't a situation where Islam applies. America is a secualar country and as such an elected official has to be held to the laws which govern the land and not their personal beliefs. Privately, we don't know what her view of the LGBTQ population is, however since she is an elected official of the state of Minnesota then she is bound to act by those laws. Same goes for any other person who has been elected in the U.S., they are bound by what the laws of the land mandate, regardless of what their religion or personal views may say.

The only Muslim who would be worse for Muslims, was Ilhan Omar's good friend Rashida Talib, another politician who said that a pro-abortion parade was following the straight path of the Prophet (s) [N'AUDHU BILLAH] not to mention that this event was also (APARENTLY, don't quote me) a hybrid pride parade and loose woman 's-l-u-t' walk where people were dressed as clitoris among other things. 

I actually view Tlaib as a stronger Congresswoman than Omar. She gets things done without all of Omar's fanfare. If you look at the policies she's introduced (and more importantly passed) regarding civic topics, criminal justice topics, and welfare issues, she's accomplished a lot more than Omar has. She's a lock for re-election because her constituents are seeing the progress she's making to their lives in Michigan.

Either way, she said that abortion was the path of Rasulullah (s). That is disgusting to say about a man whose first task was to stop the prevalent infanticide of the time.

Interesting, I'm not familiar with this. When did this happen? Do you have a link to this?

I'm not a supporter of either of them, in all honesty, but you have to rationally look at what they've done from a legislative perspective instead of just an Islamic perspective. They're job is to serve the people that elected them within the legal system of the nation. They're elected to that and nothing else. Sure, they haven't gone about it the right way by drawing unnecessary attention to themselves with uncultured words and illiterate speeches. That's why I view Andre Carson as a true representation of Muslims in Congress and not these attention mongers.

2 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

I'm not a supporter of either of them, in all honesty, but you have to rationally look at what they've done from a legislative perspective instead of just an Islamic perspective. They're job is to serve the people that elected them within the legal system of the nation. They're elected to that and nothing else. Sure, they haven't gone about it the right way by drawing unnecessary attention to themselves with uncultured words and illiterate speeches. That's why I view Andre Carson as a true representation of Muslims in Congress and not these attention mongers.

Any Muslim though who is principled and stands up to American Foreign policy and especially AIPAC is going to be very heavily criticised. Carson is out of the spotlight because he doesn't do that, Omar and Tlaib do. You may not like their tactics and the way they speak, and that's valid, but honestly do you think anyone however polite they are is going to be well received when they criticise the US for being a destructive hegemon? It's a tough road bro, and it's one you'll get a lot of flak for no matter what. I think the fact that she's Muslim doesn't help, because there are other very good, progressive voices in congress who don't garner the same type of attention, folks like Ro Khanna, Pramila Jayapal, Mark Pocan. Even Chris Murphy is good on some FP issues, but he's very pro-Israel, just anti-Saudi Arabia. 

Politeness and being nice means nothing if you don't speak up when it is the right thing to do. I'm not exactly sure what your view is of a good representative for Muslims, but I do believe it's someone that's polite and yet firm and very principled. Those people are never going to be well liked. It's been true throughout history.

Edited by Mohamed1993