Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Akbar673

66% of America would vote for a Muslim candidate for President.

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Well, this is interesting...according to this article 66% of Americans would not have a problem voting for a Muslim for President. Now, this is assuming that the Muslim candidate was the best candidate in the field and had positions which appealed to Americans based on their concerns and views.

https://www.newsweek.com/republicans-vote-Muslim-president-poll-1424108
 

However, this does require a bit of unpacking...lets look at the smaller details of this claim...

  1. Only 38% of Republicans would vote for a Muslim. That means that an overwheliming majority of 62% of Republicans would not vote for the person simply on the basis of their following Islam. 
  2. 86% of Democrats would vote for a Muslim. 
  3. 73% of Independants would vote for a Muslim. Point to be noted is that Independent voters are the fastest growing group of voters in America right now due to their dissaproval of the actions of both the Republican & Democratic parties. A current estimate lists Independents at currently between 35-40% of the electorate and rising. If things stay on their current course Independent voters will become the majority by 2030.

As such, if 2 out of every 3 Americans does not have a problem with electing a Muslim as the Commander in Chief of America then that's something we all need to be cognizant of. Its a strong reflection of the opinion that the majority of Americans have towards Islam. Not animosity, but neutrality. They don't view Islam as anything other than a religion followed by certain people.

It also is reflection of how the govt. isn't reflective of the citizenry of that nation. Clearly, the views of the White House aren't reflective of the general view that the majority of Americans hold towards Muslims and Islam. Not denying there aren't bigots in America, but they arent in the majority. They just speak the loudest and drown out the voices that don't support their bigoted views.

Dare I say the same applies to other nations of the world? India perhaps, as well. The majority of people in the world only want to live in peace and harmony with everyone else, but its the power mongers and the money mongers that cause the problems?

If Muslim lands didn't have Petroleum, would the current climate be the way it is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the Gallup Poll info: https://news.gallup.com/opinion/polling-matters/185813/six-americans-say-yes-Muslim-president.aspx

Also, it's 60% not 66%.

And, I have no clue what the sample size is.

And it doesn't say how many Muslims voted in the poll.

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, this mostly only shows us how much they think U.S. Muslims are / are not (inherently) attached to our beliefs (and thus our willingness to impose it on others). I.e. 73% of democrats think we are merely cultural Muslims, 58% of independents think the same, and only 45% of republicans think the same. Maybe we can say this 'willingness to vote' for a Muslim, is how 'trustworthy' they would believe us to be (would Muslims collude with gov'ts or NGOs that go against American Hegemony, would we renege on our campaign promises, would we badly represent American values on the world stage?).

How could we consider a pro-zionist Muslim as someone who truly follows Islamic ethics?

Further, consider how almost all Muslims are anti-zionist and pro-palestine, even amongst the most "relaxed" and most American of the Muslims. 

Maybe the difference lies in voting for 'a Muslim president' or a 'president who happens to be Muslim'
73% of democrats predict a Muslim acting as 'president who happens to be Muslim', 58% of independents think the same, and only 45% of republicans think the same.

In my opinion, unless this 73% of democrats is okay with anti-zionism, then multiculturalism and being uniformed on Islam is responsible for 'president who happens to be Muslim' belief.

Note, this is all just speculation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

That's not the Poll the article is referencing. The link you posted is from 2015. This is a link to the Poll from the article. This one is dated from May of 2019.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/254120/less-half-vote-socialist-president.aspx

56 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

I have no clue what the sample size is.

Yeah, I can't see that either in both polls. Have to reach out to Gallup and ask.

51 minutes ago, Mohamed1993 said:

Someone like Ilhan Omar would def not win the presidency.

Ilhan Omar can't run for the Presidency. You have to be born in the U.S. to be eligible to run, she was born in Somalia. However, there was a significant portion of Americans that believed Barack Obama was a Muslim, yet still voted for him twice. 

24 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

In my opinion, this mostly only shows us how much they think U.S. Muslims are / are not (inherently) attached to our beliefs (and thus our willingness to impose it on others).

Depends on if the people being polled were thinking that deep into it. We don't the nature of how this poll was taken, many times polls are taken by random people walking around shopping malls with a clipboard in their hand asking questions of people walking by. Not sure if that is the case in this, but that's a possibility. Most Americans don't know much about Muslims in general due to there being only about 3 Mil in this country with the concentrations being mostly in the larger cities. Not sure if your random American even knows enough about Muslims to decide the level of religiosity. Defintiely a category to take into consideration though.

28 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

How could we consider a pro-zionist Muslim as someone who truly follows Islamic ethics?

What would you define as a Pro-Zionist Muslim? A Muslim who believes a two state solution is the most viable solution, as opposed to a one state solution? A Muslim who doesn't have an issue with the existence of Israel, but the way Israel treats Palestinians? Kinda curious how you would define that.

30 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Further, consider how almost all Muslims are anti-zionist and pro-palestine, even amongst the most "relaxed" and most American of the Muslims.

I would disagree with you on that. Outside of the Middle East, most Muslims don't care a whole lot about Palestine to the point that they would engage in any type of action. I'm talking about Muslims in Asia, North America and Europe. Yes, all know about the situation and the treatment of Palestine but other than that not many are engaged in it. They don't support Israel, but they don't say or do anything about. Not condoning it, or defending it but just stating how it is. 

34 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

In my opinion, unless this 73% of democrats is okay with anti-zionism, then multiculturalism and being uniformed on Islam is responsible for 'president who happens to be Muslim' belief.

The opinion of the average American is the same as that of the average Muslim. They know about the situation in Israel/Palestine, but just don't care enough about it to either formulate an opinion on it or to engage in any type of action to prevent it from happening.

Like I said, I'm not condoning or defending the poll as being an accurate slice of the American populace, but I am stating that it does offer some insight into the political views of Americans regarding voting for a Muslim. As you mentioned, we don't know what the sample size was or any sample data for that matter such as where the poll was taken or what the 2020 results are but it is curious to know that close to 70% of the American electorate would not have a problem voting for a Muslim if they were the candidate that addressed the concerns of the nation in a way that agreed with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

Ilhan Omar can't run for the Presidency. You have to be born in the U.S. to be eligible to run, she was born in Somalia. However, there was a significant portion of Americans that believed Barack Obama was a Muslim, yet still voted for him twice. 

 

It's true she can't, but that wasn't my point. I think any Muslim that challenges the empire will not win. Obama did not do that. With the exception of diplomacy with Iran and Cuba, he largely continued with the destructive foreign policy, like what we're seeing in Yemen right now, he ramped up aid to Israel, he supported the Bahraini regime's crackdown on protesters, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

Well, this is interesting...according to this article 66% of Americans would not have a problem voting for a Muslim for President. Now, this is assuming that the Muslim candidate was the best candidate in the field and had positions which appealed to Americans based on their concerns and views.

https://www.newsweek.com/republicans-vote-Muslim-president-poll-1424108
 

However, this does require a bit of unpacking...lets look at the smaller details of this claim...

  1. Only 38% of Republicans would vote for a Muslim. That means that an overwheliming majority of 62% of Republicans would not vote for the person simply on the basis of their following Islam. 
  2. 86% of Democrats would vote for a Muslim. 
  3. 73% of Independants would vote for a Muslim. Point to be noted is that Independent voters are the fastest growing group of voters in America right now due to their dissaproval of the actions of both the Republican & Democratic parties. A current estimate lists Independents at currently between 35-40% of the electorate and rising. If things stay on their current course Independent voters will become the majority by 2030.

As such, if 2 out of every 3 Americans does not have a problem with electing a Muslim as the Commander in Chief of America then that's something we all need to be cognizant of. Its a strong reflection of the opinion that the majority of Americans have towards Islam. Not animosity, but neutrality. They don't view Islam as anything other than a religion followed by certain people.

It also is reflection of how the govt. isn't reflective of the citizenry of that nation. Clearly, the views of the White House aren't reflective of the general view that the majority of Americans hold towards Muslims and Islam. Not denying there aren't bigots in America, but they arent in the majority. They just speak the loudest and drown out the voices that don't support their bigoted views.

Dare I say the same applies to other nations of the world? India perhaps, as well. The majority of people in the world only want to live in peace and harmony with everyone else, but its the power mongers and the money mongers that cause the problems?

If Muslim lands didn't have Petroleum, would the current climate be the way it is?

If there is one thing we've learned from the election of Donald Trump, it is that Americans will vote anyone into office, so long as it means more jobs and less bills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't really matter who's the president. What matters is who is pulling the strings. 

But since we live in a world where we believe such things don't exist and everything is fair and democracy is good and working. We will never truly know who are pulling the strings unless we become presidents ourselves. 

Almost 20 years since 9/11, which is just one example of the corruption within the government. Yet the official story is still that bearded arabs took the plane and crashed it. The only difference is that now they blame Iranians for it. 

Edited by AkhiraisReal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing this

Do we have a Muslim politician in america worthy of being a president ? I would not vote for someone simply because they are Muslim 

but I'm surprised so many americans would 

Can you imagine if a Qadiani ran for PM in Pakistan ? how many would vote for him ? So that explains the intolerance in our own homelands and until we have the courage to stand up against this and fix our own house we have no right to criticize the prejudice, racisim and bigotry of non-Muslim states 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 9:38 AM, Akbar673 said:

If Muslim lands didn't have Petroleum, would the current climate be the way it is?

my guess is if primary export of Middle East was dates , raw hides and honey then Muslims would be considered less of a threat more of a novelty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

less of a threat more of a novelty

They would still hate our ideology and try to dismantle our political/governmental institutions. They have stake in ideology too.

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Panzerwaffe said:

amen never again

Agreed, being anti-zionist is simply not enough. She was a terrible representation of Muslims, and we would have caught a lot of hate off of her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Do we have a Muslim politician in america worthy of being a president ?

Not at this time. It'll probably be at least another 20-30 years before we see one. 

14 hours ago, iCenozoic said:

If there is one thing we've learned from the election of Donald Trump, it is that Americans will vote anyone into office, so long as it means more jobs and less bills.

Sadly, I can't say that I disagree with you on that. Its all about peddling lies to the voters when campaigning. Once they're elected they only deliver on what they want to deliver on. That's one of they key flaws of Democracy.

9 hours ago, Panzerwaffe said:

amen never again

Not an Ilhan Omar fan?

9 hours ago, Panzerwaffe said:

my guess is if primary export of Middle East was dates , raw hides and honey then Muslims would be considered less of a threat more of a novelty.

That's my point. The reason for all of the conflict and blood being spilled is all about petroleum. The West wants to maintain its control over petroleum production and dictate terms to ensure its control, while the Arabs of that nation want to be able to control the commodity that is being mined out of their land. That's what the situation is in its most purest form. Money. 

The narrative has been twisted to turn it into an Islam vs. the World storyline by the West because that's how you can fool the idiot masses into believing and supporting military brutality to maintain control over petroleum production. When in actuality all it is that the Arabs of the petroleum countries want to control their own commodity. Sometimes I think that petroleum being discovered in Muslim lands was one of the worst things that could've happened to Islam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Akbar673 while we're on this subject; I am not a US citizen, but if I could I would vote for Bernie. What about you? Are you planning on voting for him in the primaries? I appreciate the effort he's made with the community. For the first time, mosques served as caucus stations, he visited the Islamic center in california after the NZ shooting, he has the best foreign policy platform of the democratic candidates (he called the Saudi leadership thugs and the Israeli leadership racist just yesterday at a town hall). His campaign manager is a Muslim too, I always get emails from him about donating and volunteering, I should try to get more involved in his campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

What about you?

I'm voting for Amy Klobuchar. She's a centrist/moderate.

Bernie is too far left for him (or even Elizabeth Warren) to be in the best interest long term of the country. All of these extreme left or extreme right leaders are just causing the pendulum to swing too far to the right or left and as a result the person that replaces them is an equal measure in the other direction.

The world needs centrism and moderates, not extreme liberalism nor conservatism. Bernie is way too far to the left for him to be for the best long term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

That's my point. The reason for all of the conflict and blood being spilled is all about petroleum. The West wants to maintain its control over petroleum production and dictate terms to ensure its control, while the Arabs of that nation want to be able to control the commodity that is being mined out of their land. That's what the situation is in its most purest form. Money. 

I agree wholeheartedly, there is a book "world without Islam" https://www.amazon.com/World-Without-Islam-Graham-Fuller/dp/031604119X

where the author argues exactly that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

I'm voting for Amy Klobuchar. She's a centrist/moderate.

 

She won't win. Black voters are a problem for everyone except Biden/Bloomberg/Sanders. 

I don't think Bernie is really that far left, he is a new deal FDR democrat, American politics have moved so far to the right with the neoliberal era since Reagan that the policies Bernie is proposing seem so radical. 

Centrism was ineffective at beating Trump in 2016, don't see why it would succeed this time.

Obama was pretty centrist and that didn't prevent Trump from winning. So respectfully disagree here.

Edited by Mohamed1993

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

The narrative has been twisted to turn it into an Islam vs. the World storyline by the West because that's how you can fool the idiot masses into believing and supporting military brutality to maintain control over petroleum production. When in actuality all it is that the Arabs of the petroleum countries want to control their own commodity. Sometimes I think that petroleum being discovered in Muslim lands was one of the worst things that could've happened to Islam. 

bingo ! best thing for Muslim dictators and princes but the worst thing for Muslim masses 

I would rather have the Middle East be another bangladesh/malaysia /indonesia like country 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Panzerwaffe said:

bingo ! best thing for Muslim dictators and princes but the worst thing for Muslim masses 

I would rather have the Middle East be another bangladesh/malaysia /indonesia like country 

Its all about oil. Funny thing is that if you explain it from this perspective to any American they immediately understand what's going on. You can literally see it in their eyes as the logic is processed by their brain. Then they immediately realize how they have been duped into believing something that is a complete lie.

I'm honestly not sure what type of govt. works best in the Middle East. Democracy definitely does not work, nor do the old time Monarchies. I guess something along the lines of what England has with a Consitutional Monarchy perhaps, where the Monarch some significant powers while the Parliament has others. The Middle East has been devastated from a social perspective of what system the people can most easily comprehend and understand. 

22 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

I don't think Bernie is really that far left, he is a new deal FDR democrat, American politics have moved so far to the right with the neoliberal era since Reagan that the policies Bernie is proposing seem so radical. 

Centrism was ineffective at beating Trump in 2016, don't see why it would succeed this time.

Obama was pretty centrist and that didn't prevent Trump from winning. So respectfully disagree here.

The perception of what it is painted as in the eyes of the people is one thing, what is actually carried out is another. America has been on a liberal/conservative pendulum since Bill Clinton. Clinton went too far to the left which caused the people to knee jerk react and elect Bush who tried to bring things back to the center but 9/11 prevented that from happening. Obama came in and went too far to the left and that's what led to the people electing Trump because he was viewed as a counter to the ultra liberalism of Obama. If Obama wasn't elected President, then Trump would not have been elected.

What you need is a person who is percieved as someone what isn't ultra left or ultra right to stop this chaotic pendulum from swinging so much. You need someone to start the return to complete moderation with polices that are tolerable by both sides of the political spectrum. That way all of this political chaos ends and the country (if not Europe as well) will finally realize the folly of ultra left or ultra right policies. 

The waters need to be calmed, not more waves created. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 1:38 AM, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Agreed, being anti-zionist is simply not enough. She was a terrible representation of Muslims, and we would have caught a lot of hate off of her.

Why was she a bad representation? I don't know much about her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

Its all about oil. Funny thing is that if you explain it from this perspective to any American they immediately understand what's going on. You can literally see it in their eyes as the logic is processed by their brain. Then they immediately realize how they have been duped into believing something that is a complete lie.

I'm honestly not sure what type of govt. works best in the Middle East. Democracy definitely does not work, nor do the old time Monarchies. I guess something along the lines of what England has with a Consitutional Monarchy perhaps, where the Monarch some significant powers while the Parliament has others. The Middle East has been devastated from a social perspective of what system the people can most easily comprehend and understand. 

The perception of what it is painted as in the eyes of the people is one thing, what is actually carried out is another. America has been on a liberal/conservative pendulum since Bill Clinton. Clinton went too far to the left which caused the people to knee jerk react and elect Bush who tried to bring things back to the center but 9/11 prevented that from happening. Obama came in and went too far to the left and that's what led to the people electing Trump because he was viewed as a counter to the ultra liberalism of Obama. If Obama wasn't elected President, then Trump would not have been elected.

What you need is a person who is percieved as someone what isn't ultra left or ultra right to stop this chaotic pendulum from swinging so much. You need someone to start the return to complete moderation with polices that are tolerable by both sides of the political spectrum. That way all of this political chaos ends and the country (if not Europe as well) will finally realize the folly of ultra left or ultra right policies. 

The waters need to be calmed, not more waves created. 

I personally appreciated Obama's domestic policies. At least a few of them have directly impacted my life in a positive way. Younger people were allowed to stay on their parents insurance plans longer, which financially was great for millinials like myself. He also enacted education tax breaks for lower and middle class students, which also has helped quite a bit. And his environmental actions were great as well, bolstering the clean air and water acts, and increased regulation on coal ash storage facilities. I also didn't mind the bar on banning lgbtq marriages, even if I were not lgbtq myself.

I don't think that these were necessarily extreme leftist policies, though many republicans would disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

Clinton went too far to the left

What makes you say this? Clinton and Blair shifted the Democratic and Labour Party in the US/UK respectively to the right. Under Clinton, Glass Steagall was repealed, NAFTA was passed, the 1994 crime bill was passed.

Obama got elected running a pretty progressive campaign but delivered less than he promised and bailed out banks, expanded Bush's wars from 2 to 7, Obamacare was a republican compromise option etc. 

I think I have a completely different perspective in that centrism paves the way for populism both right and left-wing to rise. If you recall Trump ran on some more leftwing platforms than Hillary did in that he was anti-TPP, anti-NAFTA, he promised to get the US out of wars, he rallied against obamacare etc.  

Edited by Mohamed1993

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iCenozoic said:

Why was she a bad representation? I don't know much about her.

I'm guessing people have a problem with her pro-lgbt positions. People don't understand that they don't live in the Muslim world, it's a secular country, if you want freedom to practice your faith and not have Christian supremacy imposed, you also have to acknowledge you have to provide others the freedom to live their lives even if it contradicts your faith. Live and let live. It's a hard concept for many Muslims to grasp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iCenozoic said:

I don't think that these were necessarily extreme leftist policies, though many republicans would disagree.

They were quite moderate yeah. I think it's useless to spend time worrying about Republicans, the party has pretty much turned into a Trump cult regardless of what he does and democrats are still out there caring about having to appeal to Republican moderates. I think it's a losing strategy, just intensify your base and then when you get in power, hold the house and senate just push through your agenda, the Republicans are always going to be a problem and a barrier. The sooner people recognize this the better. The era of civility needs to be cast aside when you look at what the Republican party has become. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

I'm honestly not sure what type of govt. works best in the Middle East

with changing times we have changing political needs /aspirations and expectations 

there will be a lot of trial and error 

perhaps a more loose state structure with a tribal based meritocracy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mohamed1993 said:

I'm guessing people have a problem with her pro-lgbt positions. People don't understand that they don't live in the Muslim world, it's a secular country, if you want freedom to practice your faith and not have Christian supremacy imposed, you also have to acknowledge you have to provide others the freedom to live their lives even if it contradicts your faith. Live and let live. It's a hard concept for many Muslims to grasp. 

 

3 hours ago, iCenozoic said:

Why was she a bad representation? I don't know much about her.

Her choice of words was always poor, she sounded like a supporter of terrorism and an anti-semite. She apparently had a weak understanding of Palestine and Anti-Zionism... so she wasn't really doing that cause any favours.

She also sins openly and doesn't apologize for it. For the record, I don't know how true the following is, but these were criticisms from Sunnis in the West who frankly have a bigger stake in this. 

E.g. watching drag shows / being in a night club + dancing, dancing in a Maroon 5 music video.

And the more 'debated' sins, such as turban hijab (showing neck), visibly tight clothes, and shaking hands with men.

Also, tons of blasphemy all for sick burns. One of her tweets undermined God's will or power which was directed at a politician who tweeted that Trump was sent from God--If I recall correctly, she said "well then God has a great sense of humour". It attributes God to creation (humour) and means that, though yes we have free will, it undermines God's plan/will. Essentially she is saying that God the all-knowing sustainer had no authority in this [ASTAGHFURULLAH]. This was blasphemous from both a Sunni and Shia perspective. Another time she said "Jesus take the wheel" as a comeback, which is either simply disrespectful to Jesus (عليه السلام) or shirk if taken literally.

 

Even if we ignore all of this, her AKHLAQ (etiquette) was incredibly poor! The way she spoke to politicians from opposing camps was incredibly disgraceful. Not to mention the mocking and jeering, and also Rashida's F Trump and flipping off the camera while Ilhan Omar was all smiles.

to be honest, this is absolutely the biggest concern

 

Lastly, she is pro-lgbt in the sense that she almost makes homosexuality seem Islamically permissible to outsiders, through her speaking (perhaps the subtle conflation of homosexual and homosexuality), through her frequenting of drag shows (remember that this is not the same as transgenderism... these are people who do not have gender dysphoria, but want to blazingly violate Male and Female social rules, by dressing up and acting like the opposite sex for entertainment) and by significany surpassing DNC party minimum for LGBTQ+ outreach and significantly surpassing the outreach of the other Democrat candidates.

The only Muslim who would be worse for Muslims, was Ilhan Omar's good friend Rashida Talib, another politician who said that a pro-abortion parade was following the straight path of the Prophet (s) [N'AUDHU BILLAH] not to mention that this event was also (APARENTLY, don't quote me) a hybrid pride parade and loose woman 's-l-u-t' walk where people were dressed as clitoris among other things. 

Either way, she said that abortion was the path of Rasulullah (s). That is disgusting to say about a man whose first task was to stop the prevalent infanticide of the time.

 

Final important point is the spikes in Islamophobia online from normal non-islamaphobes due to Ilhan Omar's actions during her candidacy. 

The only thing I can say in her defense is that there were a lot of lies and false accusations thrown her way. I remember seeing a lot of fact checking websites having a field day, especially in regards to what Trump had to say to her. Also, the whole married her brother, Somali citizen thing was apparently untrue. 

Edit: I made some edits.

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy
Added info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mohamed1993 said:

I'm guessing people have a problem with her pro-lgbt positions. People don't understand that they don't live in the Muslim world, it's a secular country, if you want freedom to practice your faith and not have Christian supremacy imposed, you also have to acknowledge you have to provide others the freedom to live their lives even if it contradicts your faith. Live and let live. It's a hard concept for many Muslims to grasp. 

I think ya hit the nail on the head with that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, iCenozoic said:

I think ya hit the nail on the head with that one.

Even if we ignore all of this, her AKHLAQ (etiquette) was incredibly poor! The way she spoke to politicians from opposing camps was incredibly disgraceful. Not to mention the mocking and jeering, and also Rashida's F Trump and flipping off the camera while Ilhan Omar was all smiles.

to be honest, this is absolutely the biggest concern

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Even if we ignore all of this, her AKHLAQ (etiquette) was incredibly poor! The way she spoke to politicians from opposing camps was incredibly disgraceful. Not to mention the mocking and jeering, and also Rashida's F Trump and flipping off the camera while Ilhan Omar was all smiles.

to be honest, this is absolutely the biggest concern

How did she speak to those of opposing camps? And was Ilhan Omar in that video with Rashida?

Edited by iCenozoic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, iCenozoic said:

How did she speak to those of opposing camps? And was Ilhan Omar in that video with Rashida?

Poorly. And she was mocked online for it. E.g. Trump collusion trials, she was very condescending to the speakers, Edit: and she looked and sounded bored. 
Ilhan Omar was with Rashida, yes. She almost always is.

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Poorly. And she was mocked online for it. E.g. Trump collusion trials, she was very condescending to the speakers, Edit: and she looked and sounded bored. 
Ilhan Omar was with Rashida, yes. She almost always is.

Can you elaborate on both topics? I'm expecting to see some kind of footage where she starts calling republicans scumbags or something that, and video footage of her smiling in joy as people wave the finger at Donald Trump. 

I'm not denying either occurance, but I'm looking around online and I'm struggling to find worthwhile material.

Edited by iCenozoic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iCenozoic said:

Can you elaborate on both topics? I'm expecting to see some kind of footage where she starts calling republicans scumbags or something that, and video footage of her smiling in joy as people wave the finger at Donald Trump. 

I'm not denying either occurance, but I'm looking around online and I'm struggling to find worthwhile material.

I couldn't really find much either, but here:


to be honest, I just realized that this is not a middle finger, this is her index finger:
Image result for ilhan omar middle finger

This video alone could make most people hate her:

This guy strongly criticised her on his website, in the video you have Rashida Tlaib comparing abortion to straight path of Muhammad (s) [I will find a timestamp]:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...