Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ejaz

What does this Hadith Qudsi Mean? Where is Allah?

Rate this topic

“Neither My Earth nor My Heavens could contain Me, whilst the heart of My believing servant does contain Me…”

I know this is maybe metaphorical. Is not Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) outside time and space? 

Mashallah,  to be lovely hadith this one is. Gods breath resides in us.

Gods hands fashioned us out clay

Some things don't need to be explained or analyzed too deeply this is the mental sickness of the Modern Man. 

1 hour ago, Ejaz said:

“Neither My Earth nor My Heavens could contain Me, whilst the heart of My believing servant does contain Me…”

I know this is maybe metaphorical. Is not Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) outside time and space? 

Salam  heart of believing Servant is endless because his heart is connected directly to Allah so his metaphorical heart has no end so can contains Allah.

I heard Seyyed Hossein Nasr talk about a similar hadith where he explained that heart means centre and that God is the “centre” that we seek and need.  This is interesting way to explain because of golden ratio. But why only the heart of a believer in this hadith?

On 2/18/2020 at 7:31 AM, Ejaz said:

“Neither My Earth nor My Heavens could contain Me..."

Allah can't be in his own creation. So when people say "God is in Heaven" is a mistake, because God can't reside in his own creation. I’m not limiting Allah by saying he can't it’s just not in his being. The last part is just that Allah is everywhere to perceive and you can feel Allah right there... in your heart.

On 2/18/2020 at 8:04 AM, azizaliallah said:

Some things don't need to be explained or analyzed too deeply this is the mental sickness of the Modern Man.