Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
thuglife

My dad said cats have balah and bad luck

Rate this topic

I’ve been wanting to get a shelter cat and keep it in a small cat house. My thought is to never have it enter our house. 

after a few weeks, I would let it out and let it roam. 

My father said it’s bad luck and don’t do it. He says I have no idea.

I think freeing the cat from the tiny cage is better. 

Not true, I’m sorry to say this but what your father said is nonsense. If there is at least one hadiths from the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) or from any of his holy family (عليه السلام) or his noble friends (رضي الله عنه) then it’s true, and guess what? No Hadith says cats being bad lucks. By the way, domestic animals never brought a bad luck to humans.

1 hour ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Well my mum once said those blue eye ornaments give u good luck 

it’s all superstitions don’t fall for it

To my knowledge, however, there are many Shia narrations that recommend certain gemstones or rings as talismans to ward off evil jinn.

Also, certain animals, if found in certain locations (e.g., lizards indoors), are often treated as possible jinn in disguise until proven otherwise.

8 hours ago, Northwest said:

To my knowledge, however, there are many Shia narrations that recommend certain gemstones or rings as talismans to ward off evil jinn.

Also, certain animals, if found in certain locations (e.g., lizards indoors), are often treated as possible jinn in disguise until proven otherwise.

I’m not sure about that. From my own knowledge, those talismans are used to prevent someone from staring right into a beautiful thing (a baby for instance) and that apparently the attention is more drawn to the ornament than the thing itself. 

Don’t get a cat if you have family members that don’t want it. Yes, it could grow on them but it would be devastating if you and it get attached but your family forces you to give it away. Cats are actually positive being to keep in the house, there are narrations that speak positively about it. I have come by many Sunni sources, have not searched through Shia books.

الله اعلم

وعليكم السلام

Edited by Ibn Al-Shahid

18 hours ago, thuglife said:

I think freeing the cat from the tiny cage is better. 

Animals even other human beings are in very bad state. Why cats should get priority? Why not feed and shelter birds instead for instance. Or dogs. Or infinitely better, feed the homeless. Root for the innocent casualties in Yemen, for the displaced refugees. Give stuff to the organizations working in this area. Cats already have megatons of admirers.

1 hour ago, The Green Knight said:

Animals even other human beings are in very bad state. Why cats should get priority? Why not feed and shelter birds instead for instance. Or dogs. Or infinitely better, feed the homeless. Root for the innocent casualties in Yemen, for the displaced refugees. Give stuff to the organizations working in this area. Cats already have megatons of admirers.

Why shouldn’t they? I don’t understand, if we adopt a cat, we can’t help refugees or homeless people? And what, we should give shelter and feed birds or dogs but not cats? Why? Tons of cats are getting abused, check animals shelters in your country and see what’s happening to them.