Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Hopeless wonderer

What are the main things that make you a Shia?

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Hopeless wonderer said:

What do you believe are the main things that make you Shia

Love of Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام)

3 hours ago, Hopeless wonderer said:

For a number of people here it seems to be the cursing of the Sahaba.  Because love of Ahlul Bayt is shared among “Non-Shias” as well.  “But you ain’t a Shia until you curse!” they will say!   Also, for a number of Shias here:  it is about “rationalizing” their faith or a reduction of faith (iman) to mere reason.  Taking justice in their owns.  Having a Negative opinion about anyone who disagrees with them.  
In practice, raising the status of the Imams to the level of the Prophet (S) or evening higher.  

Edited by eThErEaL

Guest Pschological Warfare
2 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

In practice, raising the status of the Imams to the level of the Prophet (S) or evening higher.  

This word " Status" which is often "utilized" is not the correct word to use. 

H 595, Ch. 32, h 6

Muhammad has narrated from Ahmad from Ali ibn Nu‘man, in a marfu’ manner (rafa'ahu) from Abu Ja‘far ((عليه السلام).) who has said the following.

"They try to absorb the little moisture but ignore the huge river." Someone asked him, "What is (this) huge river?"

The Imams ((عليه السلام).)said, "It is the Messenger of Allah (s.a.) and the Knowledge that Allah gave to him. Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, combined in Muhammad (s.a.) the Sunnah (traditions) of the all the Prophets from Adam onwards to Muhammad (s.a.).

" Someone asked him, "What are those sunnah (traditions)?" The Imams ((عليه السلام).) said, "They are all the knowledge of the Prophets (s. a.). The Messenger of Allah transferred all of them to Amir al-Mu’minin Ali ((عليه السلام).).

" The man then said, "O son of the Messenger of Allah, is Amir al-Mu’minin Ali ((عليه السلام).) more knowledgeable or some of the Prophets?"

Abu Ja‘far ((عليه السلام).) replied, "Listen, everyone to what he just said. Allah opens the ears of whoever He wants. I said to him that Allah combined for Muhammad (s.a.) the knowledge of the Prophets and he combined all of it with Amir alMu’minin Ali ((عليه السلام).).

He now asks me, "Was he (Ali ((عليه السلام).) more knowledgeable or some of the Prophets?"

https://www.holybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/Al-Kafi.pdf

As SoRoUsH said above, it's Walaya. 

The belief in the Imamate passed from the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) through Amir al-Momineen ((عليه السلام).) and the following progeny is what defines a Shi'I. If you don't believe that Imamate is part of the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet ((عليه السلام).) and the authoritative understanding, then you would not be a Shi'I. You may still be a Muslim (providing you believe in Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), the Qur'an, the Holy Prophet saw, the last day, etc).

I saw a post a few days ago here which I found quite arrogant relating to the predominance of Ithna Ashari. While I am one myself, I consider it offensive to claim that Ismaili's aren't Shi'I, when they are the textbook definition of it (they even had a Caliph which their Imams ruled unlike us). Dispute over Imam succession is not relevant here. Same problem arises over when an arrogant Sunni turns around and claims that Shi'I aren't Muslim because we reject Abu Bakr and the other Sunni Caliph. 

Perspective is important. 

13 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

For a number of people here it seems to be the cursing of the Sahaba.  Because love of Ahlul Bayt is shared among “Non-Shias” as well.  “But you ain’t a Shia until you curse!” they will say!   Also, for a number of Shias here:  it is about “rationalizing” their faith or a reduction of faith (iman) to mere reason.  Taking justice in their owns.  Having a Negative opinion about anyone who disagrees with them.  

Not this again. Is it not our duty to disassociate from enemies? 

Also, stop generalizing. I find this quite ironic "having a negative opinion about anyone who disagrees with them"

13 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

I've never heard of such a thing in my life. What you write is absurd. 

1 hour ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

I am not if I said many on this ForumNot this again. Is it not our duty to disassociate from enemies? 

Also, stop generalizing. I find this quite ironic "having a negative opinion about anyone who disagrees with them"

By the way, it is not called "generalizing" if I said:

"For a number of people here".

And is this not but the truth!

18 hours ago, Hopeless wonderer said:

bismillah.gif
إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ ۚ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا {56}

[Yusufali 33:56] Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: O ye that believe! Send ye blessings on him, and salute him with all respect.

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and Angels have constant connection to Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), we are asked by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to have connection with Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).

When people asked how to connect to the Prophet? Prophet said to include his Family.

The salawat is more than just sending blessings...it is having direct connection (nubuwwah and Imamat).

If we are disconnected to the Prophet and His Family, we are disconnected with Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)...period!

We know who are disconnected with the Prophet and His Family from the history.

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) decreed for his ummah divinely appointed Imams to be followed, a command which cannot be neglected hence its only the Shias who adhere to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) decree in its entirety.

16 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

By the way, it is not called "generalizing" if I said:

"For a number of people here".

And is this not but the truth!

Yeah, but it's irrelevant. You're just trying to act like a wasteman.

If these are your observations of Shias, them a few observations of Sunnis off the top of my head are:

1. Astonishing inability to separate Creator from creation. To put it demeaningly, aside from their belief in Rasulullah (S), other Nabi, and the Qur'an, they are like the Jews and the Unitarians in their Tawhid.

2. Inability to see God's sunnah, repeated throughout the Qur'an, that He will always have an appointed leader on this Earth.

3. Inability to accept or accurately understand most Mutawatir hadith, such as Ghadir and Thaqalqyn. 

4. Inability to dissasociate from bad companions (e.g. you don't know what's in their hearts) & heavily exaggerating their status (e.g. rightfully guided caliphs, laughable hadith obviously made to augment their status, what happened happened 'that's history', how it's okay for Umar to change what Rasulullah (S) preached for the Ummah, etc.). And no, minimally 'liking the family of the Prophet' is not the same as holding onto the Qur'an and the teachings of Ahlul Bayt (A)

And it's not only the Shia laymen who exaggerate infallibility, the Sunni laymen do the same. But for the Sunnis it's "How could Rasulullah (S) not have know that X bad event involving the companions would have happened Y years after his death?". Not to mention, how they mostly don't believe in infallibility at all. 

Edit: I almost forgot #5 - massive superiority complex among many Sunnism. How many times have you heard "we are right because we are the majority among Muslims"

Don't believe me? I can send you the booklets they hand out at Uni. Lol :hahaha:

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

Mola Ali  (عليه السلام) is the reason I think myself to be a Shia. 

I was born in a Sunni house, raised Sunni, married into staunch Sunni family but I am a Shia, at least in my heart. I am not a practicing Shia, I can't be, of course. 

I consider myself Shia because I can't love anyone else but Mola Ali. I can't consider anyone better than him. I can't respect anyone else. For me all others who are so revered by my Sunni family are nothing, they don't even exist for me. 

53 minutes ago, MJ1015 said:

Mola Ali  (عليه السلام) is the reason I think myself to be a Shia. 

I was born in a Sunni house, raised Sunni, married into staunch Sunni family but I am a Shia, at least in my heart. I am not a practicing Shia, I can't be, of course. 

I consider myself Shia because I can't love anyone else but Mola Ali. I can't consider anyone better than him. I can't respect anyone else. For me all others who are so revered by my Sunni family are nothing, they don't even exist for me. 

Do you believe in 12 Imams of Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام), if you don't mind me asking? 

On 2/14/2020 at 2:22 AM, Hopeless wonderer said:

Fanaticism 

Blasphemy 

Heresy 

5th column activities 

Taqayyah alot of it.

40 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Do you believe in 12 Imams of Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام), if you don't mind me asking? 

I do. I believe in all of them. But starting and ending point for me is Mola Ali (عليه السلام). 

1 hour ago, MJ1015 said:

Even Rasool Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)?

Edited by 786:)

34 minutes ago, MJ1015 said:

I do. I believe in all of them. But starting and ending point for me is Mola Ali (عليه السلام). 

MashaAllah! May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) strengthen your Aqaed. 

31 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Even Rasool Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)?

Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) is by default above every one. Just as you didn't ask 'Even Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)?', you shouldn't have asked 'Even Rasool Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)?'. 

45 minutes ago, azizaliallah said:
On 2/14/2020 at 9:22 AM, Hopeless wonderer said:

Fanaticism 

Blasphemy 

Heresy 

5th column activities 

Taqayyah alot of it.

The only 'Fanaticism' and 'Blasphemy' here seems to be this absurd list. Perhaps it's a good idea to do some reading before posting such nonsense. 

10 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

The only 'Fanaticism' and 'Blasphemy' here seems to be this absurd list. Perhaps it's a good idea to do some reading before posting such nonsense. 

Shiaism is a wonderful path, but not in its current manifestation.  I grew up Shia, so I know.  I see its limitations but I am also grateful for its beauty.  It has beauty only because of of the teachings that have remained from the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام).  But Whatever I said in criticism really needs to be addressed and acknowledged.  This is the only way we as an Ummah can can please the Prophet (S).  I hope we can learn from each other and have love towards each other (inshallah).  

Will be taking a break from this forum because I find this the current discourse of no benefit.  

If I am in error, may God guide me. 

and God is the best of guides.

Take care

Ethereal

Edited by eThErEaL

1 hour ago, eThErEaL said:

Shiaism is a wonderful path, but not in its current manifestation.  I grew up Shia, so I know.  I see its limitations but I am also grateful for its beauty.  It has beauty only because of of the teachings that have remained from the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام).  But Whatever I said in criticism really needs to be addressed and acknowledged.  This is the only way we as an Ummah can can please the Prophet (S).  I hope we can learn from each other and have love towards each other (inshallah).  

Will be taking a break from this forum because I find this the current discourse of no benefit.  

If I am in error, may God guide me. 

and God is the best of guides.

Take care

Ethereal

It's okay brother, I accept you. Your dialog is much appreciated.  Shia echo chambers not part of our creed, we Exist in every Sunni masjid practicing Islam with out brothers. 

4 hours ago, azizaliallah said:

Fanaticism 

Blasphemy 

Heresy 

5th column activities 

Taqayyah alot of it.

Now let's ask the non-Muslims what they think are the distinguishable characteristics of Muslims. They will list the same criteria.

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

4 hours ago, Ibn Al-Ja'abi said:

It's hard for me to buy that the group of Muslims who are apathetic at the murder of Ahlul Bayt -- other than those who've began imitating Shii practices, and I can respect that there is an effort being made though it will naturally be imperfect -- and would rather have carnivals and celebrations on Ashura share in the love of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) mourning their miseries.

Salamun Alaykum dear Brother,

Thank you for sharing your view.  The following video on Imam Hussein (عليه السلام) by a Sunni is why I respectfully disagree with you:

In any case, la'nah is the siira of God, the Prophet,

Sending Lanat in general is!  True.  But sending Lanat on individuals not specified in the Qur'an or by God is not in the Seera of the Prophet (S).  In fact, the Prophet (S) specifically taught against sending Lanat on individuals, objects or on animals.  

and Ahlul Bayt and is rightly practiced on those إنقلبوا على عاقبيهم after the death of the Prophet and were cursed by the ones they oppressed. When put to the test after his death they demonstrated a decided lack of ḥeseδ/חֶסֶד, rather its opposite.

There is no way you can objectively substantiate this claim.  The traditions, of any, that you rely on are themselves weak.    And not only are they weak but they don’t make sense when seen in light of the big picture.  The way Imam Ali (عليه السلام) treated A’isha (رضي الله عنه) after the Battle of Jamal.  The way Imam Ali (عليه السلام) helped Umar (رضي الله عنه) and Abu Bakr (رضي الله عنه) during their  respective caliphates are enough to show how extreme of a behavior it is for Shias to curse such companions. 

I think Dr...... Sheikh Idris Samawi Hamid got it right when he said wilayah is a two-winged bird, one is walayah/tawalli and one is bara'ah/tabarri. If you clip one of the wings then the bird goes the way of the dodo.

No Muslim disagrees with Tawalla and Tabarra.  Sunnis criticize certain Shias (majority of Shias unfortunately now) for its misapplication.  

One just has to remind those Shias of today about how different the Sunni narrative is from the Shia narrative.  a case in point:

Edited by eThErEaL

5 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Sending Lanat in general is!  True.  But sending Lanat on individuals not specified in the Qur'an or by God is not in the Seera of the Prophet (S).  In fact, the Prophet (S) specifically taught against sending Lanat on individuals, objects or on animals.  

Salam in Qur'an Allah did Lanat on AbuLahab so you think he wasn't a specific person or you don't know basic Quranic teachings like you don't know basic Shia teachings although you claimed that you are from a Shia family but you don't know nothing about Shia belief but you are an expert in Sufi & Salafi teachings & beliefs also your two two videos are pure lies from Sunni sources that refuted many times by both Sunnis & Shia scholars & your first video about Shuhada of Karbal is just Sunni justification of Sunnis for degrading battle of Karbal just to a normal battle that has no connection to our current time and just good for crying not standing against injustice.  :liar:

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

6 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam in Qur'an Allah did Lanat on AbuLahab so you think he wasn't a specific person or you don't know basic Quranic teachings like you don't know basic Shia teachings although you claimed that you are from a Shia family but you don't know nothing about Shia belief but you are an expert in Sufi & Salafi teachings & beliefs also your two two videos are pure lies from Sunni sources that refuted many times by both Sunnis & Shia scholars & your first video about Shuhada of Karbal is just Sunni justification of Sunnis for degrading battle of Karbal just to a normal battle that has no connection to our current time and just good for crying not standing against injustice.  :liar:

salam brother,

Why bother replying to my posts if you are not going to read it carefully?