In the Name of God بسم الله

How do you deal with cat hair

Rate this topic

thuglife

• Moderators

If you brush the cat regularly, that will help with uncontrolled shredding. A weekly bath will nearly eliminate it, but unless you've started bathing the cat when it is a small kitten, it probably isn't worth it. 

Other than that, lint roller for clothing and vacuum cleaner for floor and furniture. We keep waterproof covers on our furniture, not just for the cats but also for children spills. I wash them at least weekly, and they capture much of the lost fur. 

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, thuglife said:

Cat does no such thing. And rubs itself all over furniture etc.

Who said that? They are one of the cleanest animals in the world. They clean themselves with their strong tongue (that’s what my cat does). If my cat litter is not clean, she won’t use it. I clean my cats litter everyday. 

• Advanced Member
16 minutes ago, Diaz said:

Who said that? They are one of the cleanest animals in the world. They clean themselves with their strong tongue (that’s what my cat does). If my cat litter is not clean, she won’t use it. I clean my cats litter everyday. 

Yes, cats use water to clean their anus hole like Muslims do. There’s a small cup of water for this that owners place next to the litter box.

You cannot be this dense. 

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, thuglife said:

Yes, cats use water to clean their anus hole like Muslims do. There’s a small cup of water for this that owners place next to the litter box.

You cannot be this dense. 

Excuse me? You said above that Muslims clean themselves properly while cat doesn’t, and now you are saying they clean themselves like Muslims. So who is the “dense” now?

• Veteran Member

At least Ali Khamenei fatwa that I read says 3 cat hair on your clothes invalidate your prayer. Obviously keeping cats close is discouraged by our Creator. Best prevention is to get rid of cats. There is bad disease in their faeces as well. Love and spend your time with human beings instead imo and keep halaal / compatible animals like chicken, goats, pigeons or whatever is halaal to eat for us.

• Advanced Member
22 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

Obviously keeping cats close is discouraged by our Creator. Best prevention is to get rid of cats. There is bad disease in their faeces as well.

Salam it's allowed that we keep Cats also feces of other halal animals that you mentioned can causes bad disease same as cat feces.

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam it's allowed that we keep Cats also feces of other halal animals that you mentioned can causes bad disease same as cat feces.

Toxoplasma gondii
Toxoplasmosis (tok-so-plaz-MOE-sister) is a disease that results from infection with the Toxoplasma gondii parasite, one of the world's most common parasites. Infection usually occurs by eating undercooked contaminated meat, exposure from infected cat feces, or mother-to-child transmission during pregnancy.

Causes

Toxoplasma gondii (T. gondii) is a single-celled parasitic organism that can infect most animals and birds. Because T. gondii infectious organisms are excreted only in cat feces, wild and domestic cats are the parasite's ultimate host.

Although you can't "catch" toxoplasmosis from an infected child or adult, you can become infected if you:

• Come into contact with cat feces that contain the parasite. You may accidentally ingest the parasites if you touch your mouth after gardening, cleaning a litter box or touching anything that has come in contact with infected cat feces. Cats who hunt or who are fed raw meat are most likely to harbor T. gondii.
Ref: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/toxoplasmosis/symptoms-causes/syc-20356249

• Advanced Member
44 minutes ago, The Green Knight said:

excreted only in cat feces, wild and domestic cats are the parasite's ultimate host.

I don't deny it but because you hate keeping cats doesn't mean that other people can't hold cat in their home , it's your problem not their problem but they must be careful about disease.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

• Veteran Member
53 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

I don't deny it but because you hate keeping cats doesn't mean that other people can't hold cat in their home , it's your problem not their problem but they must be careful about disease.

I have been logical, not biased.