Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salam Alaikum to all my Shia Brothers and Sisters!

My life is devastating due to one problem (Although I’m responsible for it).

I recently committed a major sin (Zina) and somehow got Herpes (Genital). I know what I did is completely wrong. But I have repented, repented every day after this sin and I’m continuing to ask Allah to forgive me (Ba haqqe Ahlul Bayt as). Our community has ignored this. Not only our community. Even others. 

Herpes is a condition which can’t be cured. But it doesn’t affect life span, neither it has any complicated effects on human body except that it causes frequent sores on genitals.. almost 4-5 times a year which take 10-15 days to heal. These are called outbreaks. Some people get less outbreaks per year.  Every time I get  outbreak, I get depressed and many a times plan to give up on life. Although I’m taking medicine for it to manage. I’m depressed!! 

I’m 100% sure, I’m not the only Shia with herpes. Many others are struggling too. 

But Alhumdulillah, I repented, performing all my Wajib duties and I am completely away from sins and I don’t have any other health condition. 

I see one thing: our community ignores these matters and judge people easily. I know there can a mistake but that doesn’t mean one should be treated like that even after repentance and living a religiously pious life. 

Having herpes outbreaks is very depressing. Although many people with herpes don’t get frequent outbreaks (hardly 1 or 2 per year). 

I know I’m not the only Shia with this condition, a lot many might have and are struggling deep inside.

But now, I need to get married. I’m looking for someone with herpes (women)  to get married to. I don’t want to lie and get married. 

Please help me. And please pray that the science finds it’s cure very soon. 

Please pray for my health. Please remember me in your prayers. 

And suggest some ideas for my problems. Thanks 

Guest Sayed_19

Wsalam. I feel sorry for you. 

Don’t get depressed. If you have repented sincerely and stoped this sin, then take a chill. Everything will be alright. May Allah give you sabr and heal you soon. 

After all it’s a test from Allah. Genital herpes doesn’t always cause symptoms as per my knowledge. It can cause sometimes, so take medicines and don’t get depressed. You’ll get used to it as the time passes by. 

Yes, our community ignores lot of issues. We need to try solving them. 

For marriage: why don’t you approach online marriage portals and find a match (although difficult). Just try on by being honest. Allah might help you find someone who really wants to get married to you despite this. 

May Allah help you find solution asap and give you cure. 

• Veteran Member

Most people eventually develops a condition or two in life. Some people receive permanent injuries or disabilities. Some have to live with psychiatric problems. Some with other diseases. Some with other problems. Some people think they are ugly, obese or skinny. Some have to search garbage bins for food. You should try to not feel depressed because of it brother. That will not help. Think about all the good things in life that you have. Change your thinking to instead accommodate your condition. Think of Hz. Ayyub (عليه السلام). Make it a call towards Allah.  Life is too short and everything in it ends, including bad conditions. Take care of yourself. Maybe there is a cure outside allopathy.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Shiawithherpes said:

Salam Alaikum to all my Shia Brothers and Sisters!

My life is devastating due to one problem (Although I’m responsible for it).

I recently committed a major sin (Zina) and somehow got Herpes (Genital). I know what I did is completely wrong. But I have repented, repented every day after this sin and I’m continuing to ask Allah to forgive me (Ba haqqe Ahlul Bayt as). Our community has ignored this. Not only our community. Even others. 

Herpes is a condition which can’t be cured. But it doesn’t affect life span, neither it has any complicated effects on human body except that it causes frequent sores on genitals.. almost 4-5 times a year which take 10-15 days to heal. These are called outbreaks. Some people get less outbreaks per year.  Every time I get  outbreak, I get depressed and many a times plan to give up on life. Although I’m taking medicine for it to manage. I’m depressed!! 

I’m 100% sure, I’m not the only Shia with herpes. Many others are struggling too. 

But Alhumdulillah, I repented, performing all my Wajib duties and I am completely away from sins and I don’t have any other health condition. 

I see one thing: our community ignores these matters and judge people easily. I know there can a mistake but that doesn’t mean one should be treated like that even after repentance and living a religiously pious life. 

Having herpes outbreaks is very depressing. Although many people with herpes don’t get frequent outbreaks (hardly 1 or 2 per year). 

I know I’m not the only Shia with this condition, a lot many might have and are struggling deep inside.

But now, I need to get married. I’m looking for someone with herpes (women)  to get married to. I don’t want to lie and get married. 

Please help me. And please pray that the science finds it’s cure very soon. 

Please pray for my health. Please remember me in your prayers. 

And suggest some ideas for my problems. Thanks 

You should talk about this at your local community.  Perhaps God wants YOU to do something about it.  perhaps you can start a matrimonial community which consists only of members that struggle with these issues.  Usually people who contribute towards a need in society are those that were themselves in need.  

It is “bad” with relation to your pain and problem getting married, but it is positive in relation to other things (that you are yet to find out).  And what is seemingly “bad” may eventually appear to be good once you see the bigger picture.  The pain and the depression is good in that this is God telling you to do something about it!  

Edited by eThErEaL
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, The Green Knight said:

Most people eventually develops a condition or two in life.

Sexually transmitted disease as the aftermath of a haram relationship isn't the same as having arthritis or diabetes. In my humble opinion it's going to be tricky disclosing it to your prospective spouse. 

@OP I hope you received the proper antiviral therapy. Pray to Allah, He will find a way if you are sincere in your intention. May Allah ease your heart and help you. 

• Veteran Member

@OP: In your place I would feel better knowing that I have received the payment of my sin in this life so my afterlife is likely free of its affect (provided I repent and do not repeat the mistake). The holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) would forbid any people hating on someone who was punished from Islamic court for their sin saying that the punishment purified them of their sin. Diseases take away our sins according to hadiths. I hope you will realize and take solace in that fact, especially because fornication is widespread like a plague and few people get what you got from it. Compared to the punishment for fornicators that awaits in the hereafter, this disease and the associated difficulty in marriage is not a hard bargain.