Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Nobody2005

advice on interacting with friend

Rate this topic

I have a friend who is an atheist. that's fine with me but now he flat out hates God so its kind of awkward. he doesn't just not believe in God but he hates anything to do with God. how should I interact with such a person. he is a good kid, I just feel like he has had some bad experiences that led him towards this notion.

On 2/8/2020 at 12:40 PM, Nobody2005 said:

I have a friend who is an atheist. that's fine with me but now he flat out hates God so its kind of awkward. he doesn't just not believe in God but he hates anything to do with God. how should I interact with such a person. he is a good kid, I just feel like he has had some bad experiences that led him towards this notion.

Well since you ask, I'd say keep your friendship about non-religion topic. If such people are supposed to be your friend, you'll connect over something other than religion. Later on perhaps they might warm up to discussing religion more openly and respectfully but if you are to pursue a friendship with such a person, as I said, just don't make religion a topic with them because it'll only make them angry. I know such people myself.

That's tough a situation, I can't imagine how bad the experiences were that led him to the extreme of hating God. Good luck to you, and I hope your friend finds God again someday. 

Edited by Lilly14

On 2/17/2020 at 3:29 AM, Lilly14 said:

That's tough a situation, I can't imagine how bad the experiences were that led him to the extreme of hating God. Good luck to you, and I hope your friend finds God again someday. 

When life throws you to your knees, you're in a perfect position to prostrate. If I am not mistaken, Imam Ali Abi Taleb said that. 

On 2/7/2020 at 4:40 PM, Nobody2005 said:

First of all I don't believe he's a good kid.

One who hates God is inherently ungrateful.

And they're going to treat you bad in the future.

I never met a trustworthy honourable atheist.

Be yourself, don't change who you are, forget that appeasement capitulation nonsense, just so you can cuddle his feelings.

Life is too short.