Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Nobody2005

Jordan Peterson

Rate this topic

On 2/7/2020 at 7:37 PM, Nobody2005 said:

what is your opinion on Jordon Peterson

He's a university professor, which means he's an expert in one or a few domains, but not in everything. He says some things that are good to listen to and some things that are inaccurate and not worth dwelling upon, like all other university professors. So, treat him as such.

Ignore the non-sensical controversies. Treat him like any other specialized expert and author. Don't idolize him and don't dismiss him. If he says something that arouses your attention, look further into it by examining what other experts have said. If he says something that you know is wrong, then just move on to a different topic. 

Edited by SoRoUsH

From Qaim's reference, he is a member of the biopolitics group. The term as described as derived from Kjellen (l wrote a grad level paper on him.) who promoted the state-as-an-organism expansionist (imperialist) model that if a state doesn't grow geographically, then it will die. German General Haushofer, his aid Rudolph Hess, with Generals Ludendorf and Hindenburg concurring. This was one basis for Nazi propaganda and (wishful)thinking.

Nobody here has mentioned the breaking news?

https://nypost.com/2020/02/08/jordan-peterson-recovering-from-tranquilizer-addiction-in-russia/

Jordan Peterson, 57, emerged last week from an intensive care unit in a Russian hospital after being treated for a dependence on benzodiazepine, an anti-anxiety medication.

Peterson sought alternative treatments in Russia after being repeatedly misdiagnosed in North American hospitals, including a clinic in New York, Mikhaila Peterson said in a video script she shared with Canada’s National Post newspaper.

“He nearly died several times,” the daughter said, adding her father had been taking the drug for years to treat anxiety brought on by a severe autoimmune reaction to food. Doctors increased his dosage last year to help him cope with stress after his wife, Tammy, was diagnosed with cancer.

1 hour ago, Reza said:

That is shocking! 

I remember watching one of his videos a year or so ago in which he said that he was on 2 antidepressants, and had been for years.  I respected his honesty, but found it ironic that someone who wrote self help books about how to live a meaningful life, and is taken as a role model and idolised by many, needed drugs to control his mood.

Guest Ammending
10 hours ago, .InshAllah. said:

I remember watching one of his videos a year or so ago in which he said that he was on 2 antidepressants, and had been for years.  I respected his honesty, but found it ironic that someone who wrote self help books about how to live a meaningful life, and is taken as a role model and idolised by many, needed drugs to control his mood.

I've done major attachments in psychiatry, and I felt compelled to post this, not as a refutation of what you've said necessarily, because you're an intelligent individual and the fact you're able to make statements, and the fact two admins have also liked the post, means there is a lot of ignorance on the subject.

Mental health is not necessarily something you can just control, no matter how well organised you try to make your life, or what philosophy you have to deal with difficulties. The imbalances in the brain are real, no matter what you may try to do about in in cases. In many cases , there is a family history of it , as well a triggers, often during the womb/ young ages, which clearly demonstrates there is a component outside of our control here.

He hasn't ever claimed he has found the cure to live a life without any suffering. What he proposes is acknowledging that life is suffering, and then trying to make sense of your place amidst that suffering and building principles you can try to somewhat build your life on. Having consumed almost all of his videos, that is pretty clear. His wife was recently diagnosed with a very rare, and very aggressive cancer.

I daresay , many who may have their life or mental state very well held together would be on a completely different boat had they had different genetics/life stressors. 

Mental health is poorly misunderstood but many. This is designed for the public to raise awareness:

"Depression is more than simply feeling unhappy or fed up for a few days.

Most people go through periods of feeling down, but when you're depressed you feel persistently sad for weeks or months, rather than just a few days.

Some people think depression is trivial and not a genuine health condition. They're wrong – it is a real illness with real symptoms. Depression is not a sign of weakness or something you can "snap out of" by "pulling yourself together".

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/clinical-depression/causes/

According to his daughter, he was admitted to rehab due to an addiction to Clonazepam, a highly habit forming 'Benzo'.

warning: unislamic attire. 

https://youtu.be/x5Tc7ek3rWw

Edited by Moalfas
Typo

On 2/11/2020 at 3:47 AM, .InshAllah. said:

I respected his honesty, but found it ironic that someone who wrote self help books about how to live a meaningful life, and is taken as a role model and idolised by many, needed drugs to control his mood.

Not enough time to rest and relax? It could be that he overextended himself with speaking and teaching.

On 2/18/2020 at 11:51 AM, Qa'im said:

Having worked at a pharmacy, I’ve never heard of someone developing a clonazepam addiction that required 6 months of rehab and resulted in near-death experiences. I suspect that there’s more to the story that we don’t know, perhaps hard drugs.

agreed, maybe alprazolam but not klonopin 

12 hours ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Not enough time to rest and relax? It could be that he overextended himself with speaking and teaching.

many bipolar people are very creative productive driven but prone to substance abuse 

On 2/10/2020 at 9:06 AM, hasanhh said:

From Qaim's reference, he is a member of the biopolitics group. The term as described as derived from Kjellen (l wrote a grad level paper on him.) who promoted the state-as-an-organism expansionist (imperialist) model that if a state doesn't grow geographically, then it will die. German General Haushofer, his aid Rudolph Hess, with Generals Ludendorf and Hindenburg concurring. This was one basis for Nazi propaganda and (wishful)thinking.

hey brother , don't throw germans under the bus 

2 hours ago, Panzerwaffe said:

many bipolar people are very creative productive driven but prone to substance abuse 

Jordan Peterson is not Muslim, so he doesn't operate under the Islamic restrictions against intoxicants. If he mixed his prescription medications with alcohol, it could be harmful enough to cause hospitalization. 

Ahhhhhh Imam Jordan Peterson, light on to the world.

Teaches his followers to have purpose and responsibility. How to practice proper personal hygiene. And a Man is a Male and A Women is a Female. Earth shattering, thought provoking content.

He is a testament of how retarded the West has become. 

I wish him a speedy recovery, because I am very certain without his guidance the Western World, will start flinging fecal matter at one another, acting like monkeys and engage in drug fuelled sex orgies.

1 minute ago, hasanhh said:

No . . . Muslim

Sorry I didn't mean any disrespect , it was joke

you mentioned "kraut" which was the derogatory word against germans used in ww2 , but with prussian ancestry it made more sense to use " Hun" another germanophobic creation by English speaking world used more specifically against the stereotypical prussian soldier in ww1.

22 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Sorry I didn't mean any disrespect , it was joke

you mentioned "kraut" which was the derogatory word against germans used in ww2 , but with prussian ancestry it made more sense to use " Hun" another germanophobic creation by English speaking world used more specifically against the stereotypical prussian soldier in ww1.

"Kraut" is not degrogatory. lt's a rub because Germans use to eat so much cabbage --a vegetable easy to grow in Central Europe. The French call Germans 'boshe' from cabboshe (SP?).

Russians were called 'borsch' (beets). For the same reason.

l forget some of the others, but another country's people are also called cabbages.

On 2/19/2020 at 5:38 PM, azizaliallah said:

Ahhhhhh Imam Jordan Peterson, light on to the world.

Teaches his followers to have purpose and responsibility. How to practice proper personal hygiene. And a Man is a Male and A Women is a Female. Earth shattering, thought provoking content.

He is a testament of how retarded the West has become. 

I wish him a speedy recovery, because I am very certain without his guidance the Western World, will start flinging fecal matter at one another, acting like monkeys and engage in drug fuelled sex orgies.

If there was one man who could revive the western world from the catastrophe is plunging itself into, it’s him. 

Yeahhhhhhh

2 hours ago, Hussain_ said:

If there was one man who could revive the western world from the catastrophe is plunging itself into, it’s him. 

Yeahhh.

Sorry, I believe Allah and his Mehdi. 

10 hours ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

No. @Hussain_

I read the essays and there is much too much responsibility placed on Dr.. Peterson. He's just going off information of Islam that he's heard, and I would think the same thing. Problem is with the Muslims, where most of us believe and spew ridiculous things that aren't even true in Islam. Dr.. Peterson listens to those things he says and he formulates his thoughts based on those. If most Muslims themselves don't know true Islam, I think placing the burden on Dr.. Peterson to fully know it is disingenuous.

15 hours ago, Hussain_ said:

Jordan Peterson is the truest Shia Muslim non-Muslim I’ve ever seen. He’s better at practicing and advocating Islamic principles then many of our own people, even though he doesn’t know it. 

This is a roundabout way of saying “the enemy of my enemy is my friend”. 

Even if what he believes has “some” incidental overlap with “some” Islamic values, that’s no different than other groups having the same advantage (some left wing ideas also coincidentally overlap with Islam as well). It’s natural minute parts of every ideology will contain some elements compatible with Islam. So what?

The bottom line is he gives no consideration of Islam as a viable or serious alternative worthy of discussion or research. He has no incentive to do so and shows little interest in it, so a Muslim’s interest in him should be proportional likewise. Not “his civilization”, so not his concern I suppose.

https://newrepublic.com/article/156829/happened-jordan-peterson

Peterson’s saga has mostly been covered in conservative news outlets, which have relied almost exclusively on a disjointed narrative put forth by Mikhaila, a nutrition “influencer” with no medical credentials who claims to have cured her idiopathic juvenile arthritis, clinical depression, and a C. difficile infection by eating nothing but meat, salt, and water. Peterson promoted his daughter’s snake oil diet and even embraced the program himself. In July 2018, he told celebrity podcaster Joe Rogan that he’d been eating nothing but beef, salt, and water for two months at his daughter’s suggestion, following a year of eating almost nothing but steak and salad. It’s unclear whether Peterson continued to follow this extreme diet. 

Peterson’s health problems first surfaced in September 2019, when his family announced that he had undergone a stint in rehab in upstate New York. According to Mikhaila’s update from Russia, he was prescribed the sedative clonazepam, a benzodiazepine, by his family doctor in 2017 for anxiety stemming from a “severe autoimmune reaction to food.” Peterson’s doctor allegedly increased his dose after Peterson’s wife was diagnosed with kidney cancer in April 2019. Peterson supposedly didn’t realize he’d become dependent on clonazepam until he suffered agonizing withdrawal symptoms when he tried to quit the medication cold turkey during the summer of 2019. 

Edited by SoRoUsH

On 2/10/2020 at 8:06 AM, hasanhh said:

This is also the model of Sunni caliphate 

Read " end of jihad state" by Khalid yahya Blankenship