Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Jordan Peterson

Rate this topic

Nobody2005

• Veteran Member
9 hours ago, Northwest said:

Uhh...the West is already doing these things without him. And Peterson is another snake:

Peterson appeared at the "Canadians for Balfour 100". This was a "celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Balfour Declaration", hosted by the Speakers Action Group, the Mozuud Freedom Foundation and the Council for Muslims Facing Tomorrow. These are all little conservative front organizations which try to unite western Christians, conservatives and "intellectual critics of Islam" and which liaise with various local and international Zionist groups (the European Coalition for Israel, the Endowment for Middle East Truth, the Israel Forever Foundation, B’nai Brith Canada etc). ...

Peterson's fellow speakers were Professor Salim Mansur, Senior Fellow at the Gatestone Institute, a right-wing (neocon – ed.) ... think tank set up by the Sears family, the retailer with the largest domestic revenue in the United States. Current national security advisor John R. Bolton was its last chairman. Ezra Levant, Koch fellow and founder of the far right platform The Rebel Media (also widely denounced for anti-Islamic articles), spoke just before Peterson (who is himself awash in dark money https://www.reddit.com/r/enoughpetersonspam/comments/a406m1/jordan_peterson_now_shilling_for_jeff_sandefer/).

...some old-school racism reminiscent of Kipling's (Christian – ed.)White Man's Burden. ... according to Peterson, Palestinians and Arabs are not people with nuanced grievances, but rather jealous, resentful "enemies of the Jews (Zionists – ed.)” who "perversely respect Jews Zionists because they've done so well in the Middle East and it's just annoying." "Success," Peterson says, "does not necessarily bring admiration, but murderous resentment and a desire to destroy." ...

His little tale of course obfuscates history. Empires don't "just collapse", the Balfour Declaration was not legally binding, and Zionists were not "given Israel in 1917" but "illegally" formed it in the late 1940s when Zionists ignored the UN Security Council - the UN rejected Resolution 181 and the UNSCOP proposals and so deemed the Zionist's proposed formation of Israel immoral, illegal and in violation of Palestinian autonomy - and instead forcibly and murderously ejected some 750,000 Palestinians from their land before any lawful international consensus was reached. ...

Peterson's engaging in a nice bit of postmodern (all sides are the same!) and conservative ("Arabs irrational savages!") historicising. He then says that "the Palestinians especially are run by proxies, who sacrifice them (Palestinian civilians) for personal political reasons" and mentions the "common criticism" that "the (Christian – ed.) West is thriving because it's exploiting everyone around it" which is "of course an extraordinarily malevolent argument which ignores completely the economic value of a peaceful, law abiding, honest state, which I believe we have managed to create in the West, if you compare it to, to the rest of the world, except for, you know, to a dubious radical leftist (that is, Marxist-Leninist or monotheistic, Judaeo-Islamic – ed.) utopia....always one execution away from utopia."

Source

Here is that talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYUs0Y77yEs Can you watch it and tell us if the text you quoted is a fair representation of the talk? 

You are criticizing him for this talk and you are a Trump supporter? He has been much more pro-Israel that what is in that talk.

Edited by Muhammed Ali

• Advanced Member
23 minutes ago, Muhammed Ali said:

Here is that talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYUs0Y77yEs Can you watch it and tell us if the text you quoted is a fair representation of the talk? 

You are criticizing him for this talk and you are a Trump supporter? He has been much more pro-Israel that what is in that talk.

I watched the first seven minutes of the clip. His basic points are sound to some extent, but of course he is, as some commentators noted, a “waffler,” owing to his financial backers. As for Trump, I merely pointed out that some Muslims viewed him as worse than Biden, when in fact Trump was more “open” about his intentions, whereas Biden would be more dangerous due to his slyness. Although I am not (yet) a Muslim, I can certainly see the danger implicit in Team Biden’s “sneaky” approach, given that Team Biden appeals to minorities for votes, yet espouses the same basic policies as Trump in the MENA and elsewhere. On this matter Trump is “better” because more honest than Biden.

I will be honest: I think I am probably in the wrong place, since I am not fully committed to any side, but just nervously dip a little into the waters here and there, without having a consistent or coherent viewpoint, necessarily. A sign of insecurity? Certainly. People here may or may not suspect me of being an opportunistic hypocrite who is not really interested in religion but in starting conflicts and debating uselessly. If anyone thinks I should probably leave the site, please let me know, whether publicly or privately. Perhaps I have not business being here in the first place, given that my intentions may or may not be regarded as suspect. Maybe people do not really know why I am “interested” in Shia Islam but seemingly find “excuses” (diversions) not to revert.

Edited by Northwest

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member

He's overrated and quackish and doesn't even get half the stuff straight most of the time. It was painful to see Zizek mercilessly school him; it was evident that his knowledge of Marx,Hegel and the continental philosophical tradition and political thought is extremely shallow, and his understanding of nuanced concepts at times is no better than that of a high schooler. He is a psychoanalyst and should stick to stuff within his paygrade.
In many ways his life epitomizes the decadence of the Occidental civilization.

• 2 months later...
  • Forum Administrators
On 3/8/2022 at 1:11 PM, AbdusSibtayn said:

He's overrated and quackish and doesn't even get half the stuff straight most of the time. It was painful to see Zizek mercilessly school him; it was evident that his knowledge of Marx,Hegel and the continental philosophical tradition and political thought is extremely shallow, and his understanding of nuanced concepts at times is no better than that of a high schooler. He is a psychoanalyst and should stick to stuff within his paygrade.
In many ways his life epitomizes the decadence of the Occidental civilization.

I heard that Jordan Peterson tweeted something obnoxious or politically incorrect, which led to a tweet storm against him. He left Twitter after that. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

I heard that Jordan Peterson tweeted something obnoxious or politically incorrect, which led to a tweet storm against him. He left Twitter after that. 

[Mod Note: Link removed.]

content warning for the brothers, mods feel free to delete if necessary

In 2018, the Canadian clinical psychologist was seemingly on top of the world, with young men flocking to his lectures about advancing one’s social position through a clean room and upright posture. A prominent fixture on the cultural right, Peterson has been relatively quiet over the past two years, but recently assumed the position of daily Twitter bozo this week after weighing in on the physical appearance of Yumi Nu, a cover model for the latest Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition.

Edited by ShiaChat Mod
Mod Note and quote about a Sports Illustrated cover model.

• Moderators
On 5/24/2022 at 11:42 PM, Hameedeh said:

Peterson said that the woman who was chosen for the cover of Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition was "Not beautiful" so after Twitter exploded and people were angry at him, he ran away from Twitter. He should have kept his mouth shut.  

• Advanced Member
On 5/25/2022 at 10:12 AM, Hameedeh said:

Yeah. I see it as a publicity stunt in an attempt to win back some of his sagging popularity after the 'rehab' incident, which actually backfired.