Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why do we mourn for Ahlul Bayt? Yes I am Shi’a.

Rate this topic

Guest Curiosityseeker

As-salamun alaykum,

Why do we mourn for Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام).?

Are they not shaheed? Are they not in jannah? Is this life not meaningless and irrelevant compared to the akhirah?  

Does not crying and mourning give off a negative vibrational frequency?

• Advanced Member
On 2/4/2020 at 2:09 AM, Guest Curiosityseeker said:

As-salamun alaykum,

Are they not shaheed? Are they not in jannah? Is this life not meaningless and irrelevant compared to the akhirah?  

Sometimes such sad settings can give a negative vibe (especially to those who are not in sync and not really in a state of mourning).  But when you are in sync and you are in a state of sadness, such sadness (especially for the sake of the Ahlul Bayt (as)) can be a useful way to soften the heart and it can procure a state of humility before God and compassion towards His creatures.  This is the goal.  Through the effect of the holy presence of the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) , God consciousness is procured thereby transmuting the soul from the darkness of its vices into the light of virtue.

You don’t need to get into that state of mourning if you are not in it at the moment!  If you feel like asking yourself:  “shouldn’t we celebrate their martyrdom instead?” Then yes!  This is your state (Hal), and you should inwardly celebrate (in a respectful manner) their martyrdom for this too is the truth as well!  

Edited by eThErEaL
  • Veteran Member
On 2/4/2020 at 12:09 PM, Guest Curiosityseeker said:

As-salamun alaykum,

Mourning for ahl e bait (عليه السلام) is a commemoration. It makes us keep it in our mind and make us strengthen our bond to Ahl e bait (عليه السلام). This mourning is actually a fuel for all the resistance in the Muslim world against imperialist and Zionist powers.

Guest Pschological Warfare
On 2/3/2020 at 11:09 PM, Guest Curiosityseeker said:

As-salamun alaykum,

Ponder on and understand  this, and you will find simple answers to most of the questions. Don't worry about trying to sound smart or intelligent to an non believer, by having a Phd thesis for everything. It is one of the faults of the educational system, they ignore the basic and simple and need to have 50 pages to explain what could be explained in few words- its the need to show I have spent many years and I can split hairs. Usually they will loose the fundamental stuff in their quest to show many details. Just mechanics, wisdom is to extract the essence of something. 

We believe in this

"For whoever I am his Leader (mawla), 'Ali is his Leader (mawla)."

"I am leaving among you the Two Weighty Things: the Book of Allah and my `Itrat (Progeny), my Ahlul Bayt. So long as you (simultaneously) uphold both of them, you will never be misled after me; so, do not go ahead of them else you should perish, and do not lag behind them else you should perish; do not teach them, for they are more knowledgeable than you.1"

What the above means is that - if "They said something" they did that with Everything in mind. We the ones with lower intelligence can't comprehend Everything. We suffer from silo mentality, we see things from maybe one dominant angle or what is been marketed makes an impression on us and we just start to think in those terms only. I mean incomplete assessment of the situation. So, we produce wrong results due to this fault. 

Now in academia - people study individual subjects like math, biology, physics etc... and they will say to use your mind to understand the subject- True, in these fields. Some of them if they have not reached a point of very high degree of knowledge in their subject will just quote some famous person and say he said that - So don't worry about this you don't have a mind of your own rebuttal- When you recognize the expert and you are not you quote them. This is the way it works. 

So,

إن لقتل الحُسين حرارةٌ في قلوب المؤمنين لا تبرد أبداً

The Holy Prophet (S) said: Surely, there exists in the hearts of the Mu'mineen, with respect to the martyrdom of Husayn ((عليه السلام).), a heat that never subsides.

Mustadrak al‑Wasail vol 10 pg. 318

https://www.al-Islam.org/forty-hadith-on-azadari/ahadith-traditions

"It has been narrated from Imam Sajjad’s son that: “When my grandfather, Imam Hussein, was martyred, the women of Bani Hashem would wear black in their mourning gatherings and would continue wearing black in cold and hot weather.”.[7]

I am sure, Negative vibe thing was taken into consideration by our Mawla. 

• Veteran Member
On 2/4/2020 at 7:09 AM, Guest Curiosityseeker said:

You could say that about everything else. Next time you have a terrible day, celebrate because you are being rewarded for your patience. When you see an atrocity, smile a lot because the victims will go to Jannah.

Why not celebrate continuously? 

13 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

You fall on one side of the Euthyphro dilemma?

You do realize, that this( Euthyphro Dilemma)  is not even a valid argument, unless you are ok with the created judging the Creator. In which case the assumption that supports this dilemma is invalid. 

Whatever He is He is. And the created can't do a thing about it. So, all such questions/arguments/inquires are invalid to begin with. Plaything for the academic, a passtime to keep them distracted and entertained. Conjecture feeds their ego of having accomplished something but at the end of this distraction/entertainment they are back to where they started. Accomplished nothing, except getting few like minded people to cheer. 

Euthyphro dilemma

Here is an overview

Socrates (c. 470–399) in one of the early dialogues debates the nature of the holy with Euthyphro, who is a religious professional. Euthyphro is taking his own father to court for murder, and though ordinary Greek morality would condemn such an action as impiety, Euthyphro defends it on the basis that the gods behave in the same sort of way, according to the traditional stories. Socrates makes it clear that he does not believe these stories, because they attribute immorality to the gods. This does not mean, however, that he does not believe in the gods. He was observant in his religious practices, and he objects to the charge of not believing in the city's gods that was one of the bases of the prosecution at his own trial. He points to the spirit who gives him commands about what not to do (Apology, 31d), and we learn later that he found it significant that this voice never told him to stop conducting his trial in the way that in fact led to his death (Ibid., 40a-c). Socrates interpreted this as an invitation from the gods to die, thus refuting the charge that, by conducting his trial in the way he did, he was guilty of theft – I.e., depriving the gods of his life that properly belonged to them (Phaedo, 62b). His life in particular was a service to God, he thought, because his testing of the wisdom of others was carrying out Apollo's charge given by the oracle at Delphi, implicit in the startling pronouncement that he was the wisest man in Greece (Apology, 21a-d).

Socrates's problem with the traditional stories about the gods gives rise to what is sometimes called ‘the Euthyphro dilemma’.

If we try to define the holy as what is loved by all the gods (and goddesses), we will be faced with the question

‘Is the holy holy because it is loved by the gods, or do they love it because it is holy?’

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/religion-morality/

Greek official city gods would not be defined as The God as understand. They were involved in many things, with in their own realm and activities/interaction/ relationship  with the mortal(s). So, its natural for them to dwell into nature and actions of their gods. This tendency has been kept alive, so we need to recognize where this questioning, and judging the action of the gods has its basis. 

So, anything form Greek history needs to be understood in this Context. Second, our view is not to inquire into The God/Creator, as the created do not possess the tools to comprehend it. The God is The God, Nothing we do or say can change the Nature of The God. By definition the God is the Master , and we the created the Slaves. So, we do not thread this path. As it is not logical. 

Socrates's problem with the traditional stories about the gods gives rise to what is sometimes called ‘the Euthyphro dilemma’.

If we try to define the holy as what is loved by all the gods (and goddesses), we will be faced with the question

‘Is the holy holy because it is loved by the gods, or do they love it because it is holy?’

What is your opinion on 

عَلِیٌّ مَعَ الحَقِّ وَ الحَقُّ مَعَ عَلِیٍّ

Ali is with the truth and the truth is with Ali.’

Ali(as)=The Truth

The Truth=Ali(عليه السلام)

How do you feel if we were to replace the holy in the sentence "‘Is the holy holy because it is loved by the gods, or do they love it because it is holy?’

With" The Truth"

"Is the Truth holy because it is loved by the God, or do they love it because it is the Truth"? 

As our Primordial Nature loves the Truth, its is the reason why we Love the Truthful. 

On 2/4/2020 at 12:09 PM, Guest Curiosityseeker said:

As-salamun alaykum,

In Qur'an, it is wriiten: "Allah (عزّ وجلّ) does not like cry except if it is by person upon whom oppression has been done".

So, do you accept Yazid oppressed Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) and why not we cry a goodness has been taken from us. Even Qur'an permits our this custom.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

Are "Tawalla and Tabarra" the right things to do only because God said so, or does God ask us to do them because they are the right things to do?

The answer, I guess, is "both"? However it should suffice, for me at least, that a creature should concern itself with obedience of the Creator because at times the reason behind a command may not be obvious.

Maula-Ali-Sayings-045.jpg

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
On 2/4/2020 at 10:39 AM, Guest Curiosityseeker said:

As-salamun alaykum,

Salam , it doesn't give negative vibrational frequency but also connects you to divine angles & figures that are mourning for them also our mourning is for loosing opportunity to live  their command that could lead all of humanity to higher level but enemies of humanity & Allah by martyring them kept us in darness of ignorance in our lowest position of humanity & spirituality & knowledge. 

Guest opine!Monad
On 2/8/2020 at 9:28 AM, Muhammed Ali said:

Are "Tawalla and Tabarra" the right things to do only because God said so, or does God ask us to do them because they are the right things to do?

The truth in my opinion is that it is all hearsay. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthyphro_dilemma

If we read these works of such men, these are nothing but contemplations of human thought. They sound nice but there is no tangible substance to them or anything for that matter. Human thoughts and ideas are nothing but an excuse to countinue existing, allowing others to live their desires through others. If I want to exist, I must deceive others to exist too. Now, I do not claim these men lie, in fact their value is terms of others is of great worth. They do try to create reasons of morality or of such and such or rather an approach for humans to co-exist properly.

1. ) Good and bad are the property of those in authority. The rest have to follow it or imitate it.  If we claim it is the will of a diety, that will is nullified when this diety cannot govern it. Therefore this reverts to point 1.

Therefore we do not know God or anything of God or Gods will or laws. There is nothing, just men with ideas and providence ( luck of nature ). We do not learn or seek the truth. We just bide time to distract overselves. From this we create meaning and stories, subjecting others to our own egos.

• Advanced Member
On 2/9/2020 at 4:20 AM, Guest opine!Monad said:

Human thoughts and ideas are nothing but an excuse to countinue existing, allowing others to live their desires through others.

You should contribute more often.  It is good to have serious skeptics here.  

• Moderators
On 2/8/2020 at 9:28 AM, Muhammed Ali said:

I would say the former. Righteousness is defined and dependent on God, rather than vice versa. 

In the latter case we are separating righteousness from God and assuming that He is somehow required or constrained to guide us towards it.