Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Moalfas

Cursing & insulting Yasir Habib and his followers

Rate this topic

I took ShiaChat Mod's suggestion of not posting 'off topic' comments in a thread about Yasir Habib's statements, so I'm posting a new thread specifically discussing the issue of cursing and insulting him and his followers which I feel is something important to discuss. 

It might not be my 'call' to decide what's breaking the rules or what's not, but this a problem plaguing all our communities which is why I've chosen to create the thread in the Social/Family/Personal section because we can all fall victims to such abuse and it's damaging manifestations. 

My two cents on the issue:

Whilst Yasir Habib does not have the following nor the large fan base as other 'religious authorites', he still has people who respect him and view him as their role model. Surely that makes him a 'religious figure' that shouldn't be cursed?

Even if we were to say, for arguments sake, that he's not Shia and he's in fact the enemy of Shia; Yasir Habib would at least be included in the list of enemies of Allah Ta'ala and Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) as well as the misguided 'scholars'. Cursing them is also ‘strictly prohibited’ on ShiaChat:

Cursing of the 3 "Caliphs" (Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman by name or number) and of any of the Holy Prophet's ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) wives, as well as Sunni scholars is strictly prohibited.

Because if we as a society tolerate the cursing and insults of any 'controversial leader', then their followers are next on the demonising list, and the divisive labelling only becomes worse; whilst all such abuse can be nipped in the bud with a robust and balanced code of conduct.

Your thoughts? 

@Moalfas I would recommend you bring up these points in P.M. with the mods. However I do agree with Sirius Bright that the fact he speaks for Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) and against their enemies is enough to not demonize him and his followers. It's really is too bad that he hurts his credibility with the worm in the anus talk. I admit that I had been too quick to judge him and his followers in the past because of that.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar