Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Propaganda_of_the_Deed

Top CIA chief 'behind Soleimani assassination' is 'killed in downing of US jet'

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

 

A top CIA chief who orchestrated the assassination of an Iranian general was killed when a US military plane crashed in Taliban territory in Afghanistan, it is claimed.

The US has not yet commented on reports that Michael D’Andrea, who was involved in the hunt for Osama bin Laden and is nicknamed the "Dark Prince", was on board the jet and among those killed.

The Taliban claims it shot down a US spy plane, which had US Air Force and Air Combat Command logos, but hasn't provided any evidence. The US has denied the claims.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/top-cia-chief-behind-soleimani-21375358

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hand gesture and analogy of vertical then horizontal was originally made by Sayed Nasrallah soon after the assassinations. It has since gained a lot of popularity. 

IMG_7729.JPG

IMG_7727.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, starlight said:

EPW_5UUX4AEVrkN.jpeg.fa901ac3e667e4888503f04b7c2cbbec.jpeg

It would make sense to use that sign in regards to his death if he was killed by Iran or Iranian backed forces, but if he was killed by the Taliban then its just two devils killing each other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 7:42 AM, Mohammad313Ali said:

It would make sense to use that sign in regards to his death if he was killed by Iran or Iranian backed forces

was he the one who was supposed to be killed in retaliation, or to be left alone so that Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) can exert the punishment Himself(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) whilst believers are keeping patience that they're blessed with?

Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows best

so then back in flight 752 scene, I was hoping for maybe a cia agent or someone (Iranian) pushing American agenda from within... to have been the one who 'killed' them 'incidentally'.

Now, there's blood monies to be paid & others prefer Allah((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى))'s justice.

So the scenario would be one where Muslims hope for justice against fellow Muslims.

Then another scenario out of the many would be from the observer's point of view & with sincerity lacking among us Muslims & thoughts creeping about damn lies after lies after...

it's senselessness & insensitivity, cruel & part of Allah's devices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

It would make sense to use that sign in regards to his death if he was killed by Iran or Iranian backed forces, but if he was killed by the Taliban then its just two devils killing each other. 

You clearly are not aware that Iran has provided the Taliban material and financial support where it suits their interests. Furthermore Soleimani's replacement has forged decades long ties in Afghanistan too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A devil like involved in killing of Iranian, Iraqi and other military Muslim leaders has been killed (if the news is true), whatever are the means made by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for this killing. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) makes the arrangement of destroying the oppressors by thy own system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

You clearly are not aware that Iran has provided the Taliban material and financial support where it suits their interests. Furthermore Soleimani's replacement has forged decades long ties in Afghanistan too.

The onus is on you to substantiate those claims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 8:22 AM, Mzwakhe said:

was he the one who was supposed to be killed in retaliation, or to be left alone so that Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) can exert the punishment Himself(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) whilst believers are keeping patience that they're blessed with?

Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows best

so then back in flight 752 scene, I was hoping for maybe a cia agent or someone (Iranian) pushing American agenda from within... to have been the one who 'killed' them 'incidentally'.

Now, there's blood monies to be paid & others prefer Allah((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى))'s justice.

So the scenario would be one where Muslims hope for justice against fellow Muslims.

Then another scenario out of the many would be from the observer's point of view & with sincerity lacking among us Muslims & thoughts creeping about damn lies after lies after...

it's senselessness & insensitivity, cruel & part of Allah's devices.

Brother, all I am saying is that the ''you will come vertically, and leave horizontally'' statement is not a remark proportionate with this instance, they were not in the battlefield with Iran or Iranian backed soldiers for this to be a plausible statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 8:45 AM, Mohammad313Ali said:

The onus is on you to substantiate those claims.

https://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/32/323433_-os-afghanistan-Iran-security-taliban-fighters-being-taught.html

https://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2010/11/the_taliban_acquisition_of_ant.php

https://www.militarytimes.com/flashpoints/2020/01/14/Iran-support-to-the-taliban-which-has-included-manpads-and-a-bounty-on-us-troops-could-be-a-spoiler-for-peace-in-afghanistan/

Quote

U.S. military intelligence assessments dating back to 2010 suggest Iran’s elite paramilitary unit, the Quds Force, has track record of providing training and lethal arms to the Taliban. The list includes portable shoulder-fired air-defense systems known as MANPADS.

While the level of that support from Tehran does not appear to be a game changer on the battlefield, the recent succession of the former head of Iran’s Quds Force branch in Afghanistan, Brig. Gen. Esmail Ghaani, to be the top commander of the elite Iranian unit could amplify Iran’s destabilization efforts in Afghanistan.

If you cannot see why it would make pragmatic sense for Iran to play a double game in keeping Americans bogged down in Afghanistan, the graveyard of empires through sporadic support to the Taliban, and choose to disregard the above links, including from Wikileaks (there is more if you choose to look into the Afghan War papers 2010), then that is on you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghan_War_documents_leak

The leak, which is considered to be one of the largest in U.S. military history,[6][13] revealed information on the deaths of civilians, increased Taliban attacks, and involvement by Pakistan and Iran in the insurgency .[1][14][15]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 9:24 AM, Mohamed1993 said:

this is just what Iranian state tv has reported. 

Yes although the image is from the Zero Dark Thirty film character Wolf who is based on D'Andrea.

https://www.businessinsider.com/Iran-image-zero-dark-thirty-actor-claim-cia-agent-death-2020-1

Most likely it is this chap in the pic, not many images exist of this guy for probably obvious reasons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 9:08 AM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

https://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/32/323433_-os-afghanistan-Iran-security-taliban-fighters-being-taught.html

https://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2010/11/the_taliban_acquisition_of_ant.php

https://www.militarytimes.com/flashpoints/2020/01/14/Iran-support-to-the-taliban-which-has-included-manpads-and-a-bounty-on-us-troops-could-be-a-spoiler-for-peace-in-afghanistan/

If you cannot see why it would make pragmatic sense for Iran to play a double game in keeping Americans bogged down in Afghanistan, the graveyard of empires through sporadic support to the Taliban, and choose to disregard the above links, including from Wikileaks (there is more if you choose to look into the Afghan War papers 2010), then that is on you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghan_War_documents_leak

The leak, which is considered to be one of the largest in U.S. military history,[6][13] revealed information on the deaths of civilians, increased Taliban attacks, and involvement by Pakistan and Iran in the insurgency .[1][14][15]

@Ashvazdanghe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

You clearly are not aware that Iran has provided the Taliban material and financial support where it suits their interests. Furthermore Soleimani's replacement has forged decades long ties in Afghanistan too.

I think it's in everyone's interests to maintain ambiguity. In the same way that Iran does not raise a hue and cry whenever the Israelis take out their assets in Syria. These are obviously grown-ups playing adult games with a carefully crafted set of rules and Trump broke them.

The adults on Trump's side knew that there would be a price to be paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

The US has not yet commented on reports that Michael D’Andrea, who was involved in the hunt for Osama bin Laden and is nicknamed the "Dark Prince", was on board the jet and among those killed.

Observation tells me this is simply how the CIA operates. They have a few people do their dirty work and when they are not needed they kill them themselves. Many years ago there was a militant commander in Pakistan ((Bait)?ullah Mehsud) and our security forces had barely figured out the latest generation of proxy warfare through so called terrorist organizations. As our forces were minutes away from nabbing him, a US mil drone struck the guy in his ear with a missile as he sat with his harem inside Pakistan border near Afghanistan. The next day the then "Dark Prince" of CIA stationed near the Afghan-Pak border (who was Baitullah Mehsud's boss) was killed along with another person and they said the Taliban or someone else did it. This is simply how it goes in the spy world. Its how they clean the blood off their hands.

Especially this guy who just got whacked also already knew the dark secret of Osama's true reality. So it doesn't surprise me. I don't believe Taliban are capable of downing military jets. I don't believe this is going to be a new trend either because "Iran gave them surface to air missiles". The CIA dark prince is either dead or enjoying retired life at Nantucket island (aka burial at sea) along with Tim Osman and so many other US heroes.

Edited by The Green Knight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 9:08 AM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

https://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/32/323433_-os-afghanistan-Iran-security-taliban-fighters-being-taught.html

https://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2010/11/the_taliban_acquisition_of_ant.php

https://www.militarytimes.com/flashpoints/2020/01/14/Iran-support-to-the-taliban-which-has-included-manpads-and-a-bounty-on-us-troops-could-be-a-spoiler-for-peace-in-afghanistan/

If you cannot see why it would make pragmatic sense for Iran to play a double game in keeping Americans bogged down in Afghanistan, the graveyard of empires through sporadic support to the Taliban, and choose to disregard the above links, including from Wikileaks (there is more if you choose to look into the Afghan War papers 2010), then that is on you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghan_War_documents_leak

The leak, which is considered to be one of the largest in U.S. military history,[6][13] revealed information on the deaths of civilians, increased Taliban attacks, and involvement by Pakistan and Iran in the insurgency .[1][14][15]

This is interesting. It raises question about who a greater threat is to Iran. The US or radical fundamentalists.  I think the US struggles with this as well. Who is a bigger threat, Iran or ISIS? The US wants regime change in Iran, and yet the US won't invade Iran despite having multiple opportunities to do so. If Iran is destabilized, it could greatly threaten the entire region and outflow of resources.

But if it's the Taliban housing Al queda fighters, the US goes in without hesitation. Especially after 9/11.

Iran interestingly is willing to finance militias and rebels against the US. It want the US to leave the Middle East, and yet, where would ISIS be and where would Iraq and Iran be, if the US didn't return to fight in Iraq as IS took masses of land over. Maybe they'd depend on Russian support to fight ISIS? Maybe the fighting would still be ongoing?

And if the US left Iraq, would IS simply return? US troops were largely removed after the removal of Saddam. If US troops left, would we be returning in 10 years again? And if the US didn't return, would Iran be able to defeat radicals of the region? Im not sure that the Taliban would help Iran even if previously financed by Iran.

Hm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, iCenozoic said:

This is interesting. It raises question about who a greater threat is to Iran. The US or radical fundamentalists.  I think the US struggles with this as well. Who is a bigger threat, Iran or ISIS? The US wants regime change in Iran, and yet the US won't invade Iran despite having multiple opportunities to do so. If Iran is destabilized, it could greatly threaten the entire region and outflow of resources.

But if it's the Taliban housing Al queda fighters, the US goes in without hesitation. Especially after 9/11.

Iran interestingly is willing to finance militias and rebels against the US. It want the US to leave the Middle East, and yet, where would ISIS be and where would Iraq and Iran be, if the US didn't return to fight in Iraq as IS took masses of land over. Maybe they'd depend on Russian support to fight ISIS? Maybe the fighting would still be ongoing?

And if the US left Iraq, would IS simply return? US troops were largely removed after the removal of Saddam. If US troops left, would we be returning in 10 years again? And if the US didn't return, would Iran be able to defeat radicals of the region? Im not sure that the Taliban would help Iran even if previously financed by Iran.

Hm.

You have summed up roughly why there's no victory for the US in the region. It wants to fight certain groups and then also fight other groups that fight those groups it hates and then wants to be allied with countries that in some cases back the groups it wants to fight to push back against the other groups that hate the groups the US wants to fight. Make sense? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, iCenozoic said:

But if it's the Taliban housing Al queda fighters, the US goes in without hesitation. Especially after 9/11.

Hi , America also inserted ISIS to Afghanistan that Taliban & Al Qaeda see it as rival because Taliban has Sunni Hanfi background but ISIS has wahabi/Hanbali  background that although similarity in fundamentalism they always had bloody rivalry between each other so Iran is just putting these two rivals against each other with using help of Russia as rival of America .

16 hours ago, iCenozoic said:

And if the US didn't return, would Iran be able to defeat radicals of the region? Im not sure that the Taliban would help Iran even if previously financed by Iran.

Israel controls radicals of the region so aim of Iran is destroying Israel after removing American supportive shield , instead of mushroom like radical groups also Iran doesn't expect Taliban help .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Taliban & Al Qaeda see it as rival because Taliban has Sunni Hanfi background but ISIS has wahabi/Hanbali  background that although similarity in fundamentalism they always had bloody rivalry between each other 

Leaders of IS are former Al queda in several cases. How could it be that "they always had blood rivalry between each other"? At best we have blurred lines as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...