Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Hold on.... No I am not a terrorist! NO I DO NOT SUPPORT ISIS AT ALL

But Qur'an says that if you steal the punishment is to cut off your hand?! Surah Al-Maaida. How can Qur'an say this?

index_html_m1587dd18.jpg

[38-40] As for the thief, whether man or woman, cut off the hand60 of either of them: it is the recompense for what they have earned, and an exemplary punishment from Allah; Allah is All-Powerful, All-Wise. But whoever repents after his iniquity and reforms himself, Allah will surely turn towards him with His favor;61 Allah is Forgiving and Compassionate. Do you not know that Allah is the Sovereign of the Kingdom of the heavens and the Earth? He may punish whom He wills and may pardon whom He wills; He has power over everything.

5 hours ago, Alireza Yasini said:

Hold on.... 

Punishment for an actual crime is one thing, but lS is a collection of criminals using religion as cover.

Remember Ayat 48:25 as a teaching example.

In English literary history there is a famous quote from Sammuel Johnson: "Patriotism is the last refugee of the scondrel" --signifying claims to patriotism to excuse misdeeds.

Research in many countries has come to the conclusion that religious extremists  are those who do not know their religion very well.

To wit, in French literature there is a famous line by Victor Hugo (The Hunchback . . .) "You get one idea in your head and you see it in everything."

The only thing to do with something like lS is to gun-it-down.

5 hours ago, Alireza Yasini said:

As for the thief, whether man or woman, cut off the hand

I have read exegesis and many scholars say that it´s actually only to put fear into people not to become thieves.

There is also needed explanations why the thieve steals and what was stolen, if he is hungry and his family too and he/she steals food, so it´s viewed as that guilt falls on the head of ruler and not the thieve alone.

There is more rulings about it, I would like to list them all, but I think that this not so long exegesis is enough info for now.

On 1/27/2020 at 3:11 PM, Guest said:

thats why we have Imams to explain these types of things which are not so black and white as they appear , I don’t think there was once instance that I read of any Imam ever cutting anyone hand off even thieves that were brought to them

I know.... But the Qur'an said that if you steal as a punishment is to cut of your hand. That means that we should do it? There is something mysterious in this ayah.

That should be explained, because I don't think that in the time of the Prophet people did such a thing.

On 1/27/2020 at 9:25 PM, Alireza Yasini said:

Hold on.... No I am not a terrorist! NO I DO NOT SUPPORT ISIS AT ALL

But Qur'an says that if you steal the punishment is to cut off your hand?! Surah Al-Maaida. How can Qur'an say this?

index_html_m1587dd18.jpg

[38-40] As for the thief, whether man or woman, cut off the hand60 of either of them: it is the recompense for what they have earned, and an exemplary punishment from Allah; Allah is All-Powerful, All-Wise. But whoever repents after his iniquity and reforms himself, Allah will surely turn towards him with His favor;61 Allah is Forgiving and Compassionate. Do you not know that Allah is the Sovereign of the Kingdom of the heavens and the Earth? He may punish whom He wills and may pardon whom He wills; He has power over everything.

This is not because ISIS did one thing that this thing became bad. As for ISIS generally speaking they kill without distinction many people which is against Qur'an.