Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Alireza Yasini

Why is it that Sunnis think that Abu Bakr should been the leader?

Rate this topic

56 minutes ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

No brother you need to understand the difference between “Shiaism” and “Followers of Shiaism”.

Shiaism is not an entity.  It is a name that comprises  of followers who do certain practices.  The way it is practiced these days can somewhat be problematic.  It is as if there is a disconnection between them and the Prophet Muhammad (S).  I hope I am wrong about this.  So I am not making an absolute statement.  But it is such to a large extent.  And you can tell a tree based on the fruit it produces.  

3 hours ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

When angles spoke about corruption and bloodshed, Allah denied their argument in the same verse
and context of other verses after it says that Adam (عليه السلام) was refered to as caliph

There is a nas, that Allah choosed him (Adam (عليه السلام))
If you are kahlifatullah, you should have some proof for that.

You cannot get orders from Allah almighty
If you are khalifatullah, ask Allah to send down some sign to show us which path is true path
we can expect such mojaza from khalifatullah since you are representating Allah on Earth

Alright.  So they were entirely wrong about the bloodshed and corruption.  They were completely ignorant?  NO

they saw something true, but they didn’t see the FULL picture.  In any case, any Shia Who knows his stuff will agree with me that each person is a khalifatullah.  No need to argue with you about this.  

On 1/27/2020 at 9:27 AM, Cool said:

And one of those Awliya, with his utmost ijtihad, gave you the phrase "assalato khayrun min an-nowm" :D.

Anyway, you have the potential to mix truth with falsehood so you have rightly selected for you the Sunni way.

The Adhan is not a Rukn.  They knew it very well.  I am sure that is why Shias added “Aliyun Waliyullah”.  

18 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

And you can tell a tree based on the fruit it produces.  

True.

@ least you can chop off the tree from the roots so to arrest the bird of imagination as taught by spiritual Khomeini(رضي الله عنه) as taught by Hajj.

Not in the next life time though

Edited by Mzwakhe

1 minute ago, eThErEaL said:

The Adhan is not a Rukn.  They knew it very well.  I am sure that is why Shias added “Aliyun Waliyullah”.  

"Salah is better than sleep", I am objecting on this ignorance. At one hand we have the hadith of Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) declaring salah as mairaj for believers and on the other hand we have this superb mujtahid displaying his peak of knowledge.

19 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

Alright.  So they were entirely wrong about the bloodshed and corruption.  They were completely ignorant?  NO

they saw something true, but they didn’t see the FULL picture.  In any case, any Shia Who knows his stuff will agree with me that each person is a khalifatullah.  No need to argue with you about this.  

lets end this with simple Question?
Allah knows more or angles?
If Allah knows more then Allah has reject view of Angles in  same verse.
Plus refute previous posts.

There is difference in being caliph and caliph of Allah
and every Shia believes in this
you don't have right to speak on behalf of shiaism

13 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

ahahahaha Biddah is a biddah
whether good or bad

Ali-un-wali-ullah in azaan is in accordance with hadiths of Aima (عليه السلام)
So its not an addition by Shias.

1 minute ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

ahahahaha Biddah is a biddah
whether good or bad

Ali-un-wali-ullah in azaan is in accordance with hadiths of Aima (عليه السلام)
So its not an addition by Shias.

Right....  

that is why you don’t follow Sunnah. 

5 minutes ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

at least none of our Aima (عليه السلام) claimed anything they said as "GOOD BIDDAH"

Nothing wrong with a good bidah.  

Edited by eThErEaL

10 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

Right....  

that is why you don’t follow Sunnah. 

anyways As salat o khair um minan nawm isn't a big deal
washing feet isn't a big deal

we will do that
First please prove your concept of caliphate / imamate in light of Qur'an
And also let us prove our concept of Qur'an
Then if you are able to convince us
InshaALlah we will say as salat o khair um minan nawm twice in azaan of fajar
and if you fail to do so, then you should be calling Ali-un-wali-ullah and haya-ala-khair-il-amal in azaan

Lets just discuss one thing and the main thing

5 minutes ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

anyways As salat o khair um minan nawm isn't a big deal
washing feet isn't a big deal

we will do that
First please prove your concept of caliphate / imamate in light of Qur'an
And also let us prove our concept of Qur'an
Then if you are able to convince us
InshaALlah we will say as salat o khair um minan nawm twice in azaan of fajar
and if you fail to do so, then you should be calling Ali-un-wali-ullah and haya-ala-khair-il-amal in azaan

Lets just discuss one thing and the main thing

It is precisely such arguments you bring up that drew me away from Shiaism.  One can argue endlessly.  Back and forth. 

At the end of the day, it boils down to, whether or not you learn to be more compassionate, more grateful, more forgiving, more aware of God whenever you go to your places of majlis.  If you do, Alhamdulillah.  If you don’t then look into this carefully.  Because this could be a serious sign of the beginning of decadence.  

Edited by eThErEaL

2 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

It is precisely such arguments you bring up that drew me away from Shiaism.  One can argue endlessly.  Back and forth. 

At the end of the day, it boils down to, whether or not you learn to be more compassionate, more grateful, more forgiving whenever you go to your places of majlis.  If you do, Alhamdulillah.  If you don’t then look into this carefully.  

I have looked into this topic
Concept of 12vers match with the concept given in Qur'an
Like Allah choosed from Adam (عليه السلام) to Esa (عليه السلام) from among their fathers, brother, descendents
and Promise of Allah to give caliphate in same way as he gave to those before them
etc and many more ayahs
these clearly support views of Shia-12vers
If not then you must write abit here about your believes

Lets examine this statement whether it is correct or not. "Salah is better than sleep", I say that the sleep of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) at the night of hijra is better than salah. He sold his nafs to God and taken His "Maradhat".

I say the strike of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) on the day of khandaq alone, is better than the worship of thaqalayn. 

And here the champion of ijtihad claiming & declaring prayer is better than sleep.

You must feel proud that you are now following such a deep rooted knowledge champions.

Lets examine this statement whether it is correct or not. "Salah is better than sleep", I say that the sleep of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) at the night of hijra is better than salah. He sold his nafs to God and taken His "Maradhat".

What about when person after doing salat fajar, sees his wife, or child, or brother or Sister still sleeping while they have hardship to wake up for fajr salat. At that moment you will surely say that the salah is surely better than their sleeping.

Edited by Abu Nur

22 minutes ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

I have looked into this topic
Concept of 12vers match with the concept given in Qur'an
Like Allah choosed from Adam (عليه السلام) to Esa (عليه السلام) from among their fathers, brother, descendents
and Promise of Allah to give caliphate in same way as he gave to those before them
etc and many more ayahs
these clearly support views of Shia-12vers
If not then you must write abit here about your believes

If the Imam were present before us, do you think he would be constantly talking about how the rights were taken away from his grandfather...  would he encourage us to get angry and be hateful?

OR

....would he be reminding us all to remember God (The One True Ultimae Reality) and to be content with Whatever God has willed right here and now, and to be attentive and vigilant in whatever it is we do (with ihsan), and to be forgiving and compassionate to our neighbor.  

I don’t think he would waste his time and everyone’s time taking about Shia doctrinal theology at all.   

Edited by eThErEaL

At the end of the day, it boils down to, whether or not you learn to be more compassionate, more grateful, more forgiving, more aware of God whenever you go to your places of majlis.  If you do, Alhamdulillah.  If you don’t then look into this carefully.  Because this could be a serious sign of the beginning of decadence.  

Many times I have seen people who only listen speech and talk about it but they don't practice it, so many times. What is the point of religion if we lack to practice it.

Who listen to speech and follow the best of it. Those are the ones Allah has guided, and those are people of understanding. Qur'an 39:18

1 minute ago, eThErEaL said:

If the Imam were present before us, do you think he would be constantly talking about how the rights were taken away from his grandfather?  Or would he be reminding us all to remember God and to be content with God has willed right here and now, and to be attentive and vigilant in whatever it is we do (with ihsan), and to be forgiving and compassionate to our neighbor.  I don’t think he would waste his time and everyone’s time taking a bout Shia doctrinal theology at all!  

1. Father of Yusuf (عليه السلام) remembered him so much and he used to call "oh Yusuf" and his eyes were gone. Just because he was lost, he remembered him so much and definitely loosing eyes isn't something that happens by crying occasionally. So he Yaqoob (عليه السلام) remembered him in each and every moment. For what that happened with Yusuf (عليه السلام) and used to weep and tell everybody about it.

I ask you question now.

Was he a messenger?

2. Haven't you read kitab al Tauheed?

Or hadiths on tauheed?

Or sahifa e sajjadiyah?

If you've done so, you shouldn't be complaining about that.

35 minutes ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

1. Father of Yusuf (عليه السلام) remembered him so much and he used to call "oh Yusuf" and his eyes were gone. Just because he was lost, he remembered him so much and definitely loosing eyes isn't something that happens by crying occasionally. So he Yaqoob (عليه السلام) remembered him in each and every moment. For what that happened with Yusuf (عليه السلام) and used to weep and tell everybody about it.

I ask you question now.

Was he a messenger?

2. Haven't you read kitab al Tauheed?

Or hadiths on tauheed?

Or sahifa e sajjadiyah?

If you've done so, you shouldn't be complaining about that.

Many Shias use the words of Imam Ali’s (عليه السلام) metaphysics and the Sahifa Sajjadiyya by Imam Sajjad (عليه السلام) like a show peice to brag about how Shiasm is correct and deep and how others are wrong and lost.  

but you HARDLY ever come across Shias who actually embody such works.  On the contrary, among Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah, there are numerous individuals who embody the teachings of the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) without ever having to brag about it.  

this is the difference dear brother.

By the way, your arguments remind me of my childhood past when I would hear them from renown lecturers to WOW audiences.  They are empty.  Useless. Pathetic. Waste of time.  

please don’t waste your time with such none sense.  This is not a religion!  It is a SHOW.   

Edited by eThErEaL

48 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

Many times I have seen people who only listen speech and talk about it but they don't practice it, so many times. What is the point of religion if we lack to practice it.

Who listen to speech and follow the best of it. Those are the ones Allah has guided, and those are people of understanding. Qur'an 39:18

Religion is now taken to be a show or a club. 

Religion is defined by it being the meeting point between Eternity and time. In between the two there is a door (man’s heart).  And this door is accessed through prayer / awareness of God in the Heart. If a religion does not seek to instill this then it means it is beginning to die.  

what is the religion all about if it isn’t about the Heart and Knowing God and the Virtues that are procured by ones awareness of Him?  

it is a show piece or a name.  No substance.  

I went to one Pakistani community to observe Ashura in UK once, and with all due respect... I don’t think that was religion. 

The speaker was screaming LOUDLY NON STOP...  iAnd it was not peaceful whatsoever!  Religion brings peace to the heart.  I couldn’t handle it, I had to leave.  I walked in and walked right out.  and then some men remove their shirts and beat themselves on their chest VERY HARD to the extent that their skin becomes VERY RED...  I would Never Ever bring a child to see that!  It would be so traumatic!  And on top of all this, the entire place is like very dark!  I find this to be insulting to the Prophet (S) and the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام).

I went there with good intentions and I just couldn’t stand it.  

Edited by eThErEaL

7 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

What about when person after doing salat fajar, sees his wife, or child, or brother or Sister still sleeping while they have hardship to wake up for fajr salat. At that moment you will surely say that the salah is surely better than their sleeping.

Depends on how you have offered the salah & with what intention. Lets see few verses for example:

Surah Al-Maun, Verse 4:
فَوَيْلٌ لِّلْمُصَلِّينَ

So woe to the praying ones,
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Maun, Verse 5:
الَّذِينَ هُمْ عَن صَلَاتِهِمْ سَاهُونَ

Who are unmindful of their prayers,
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Maun, Verse 6:
الَّذِينَ هُمْ يُرَاءُونَ

Who do (good) to be seen,
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Maun, Verse 7:
وَيَمْنَعُونَ الْمَاعُونَ

And withhold the necessaries of life.
(English - Shakir)

So how should be the "Musallen"? Here they are:

Surah Al-Maarij, Verse 22:
إِلَّا الْمُصَلِّينَ

Except those who pray,
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Maarij, Verse 23:
الَّذِينَ هُمْ عَلَىٰ صَلَاتِهِمْ دَائِمُونَ

Those who are constant at their prayer
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Maarij, Verse 24:
وَالَّذِينَ فِي أَمْوَالِهِمْ حَقٌّ مَّعْلُومٌ

And those in whose wealth there is a fixed portion.
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Maarij, Verse 25:
لِّلسَّائِلِ وَالْمَحْرُومِ

For him who begs and for him who is denied (good)
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Maarij, Verse 26:
وَالَّذِينَ يُصَدِّقُونَ بِيَوْمِ الدِّينِ

And those who accept the truth of the judgment day
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Maarij, Verse 27:
وَالَّذِينَ هُم مِّنْ عَذَابِ رَبِّهِم مُّشْفِقُونَ

And those who are fearful of the chastisement of their Lord--
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Maarij, Verse 28:
إِنَّ عَذَابَ رَبِّهِمْ غَيْرُ مَأْمُونٍ

Surely the chastisement of their Lord is (a thing) not to be felt secure of--
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Maarij, Verse 29:
وَالَّذِينَ هُمْ لِفُرُوجِهِمْ حَافِظُونَ

And those who guard their private parts,
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Maarij, Verse 30:
إِلَّا عَلَىٰ أَزْوَاجِهِمْ أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُهُمْ فَإِنَّهُمْ غَيْرُ مَلُومِينَ

Except in the case of their wives or those whom their right hands possess-- for these surely are not to be blamed,
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Maarij, Verse 31:
فَمَنِ ابْتَغَىٰ وَرَاءَ ذَٰلِكَ فَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْعَادُونَ

But he who seeks to go beyond this, these it is that go beyond the limits--
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Maarij, Verse 32:
وَالَّذِينَ هُمْ لِأَمَانَاتِهِمْ وَعَهْدِهِمْ رَاعُونَ

And those who are faithful to their trusts and their covenant
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Maarij, Verse 33:
وَالَّذِينَ هُم بِشَهَادَاتِهِمْ قَائِمُونَ

And those who are upright in their testimonies,
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Maarij, Verse 34:
وَالَّذِينَ هُمْ عَلَىٰ صَلَاتِهِمْ يُحَافِظُونَ

And those who keep a guard on their prayer,
(English - Shakir)

6 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

went to one Pakistani community to observe Ashura in UK once, and with all due respect... I don’t think that was religion. 

The speaker was screaming LOUDLY NON STOP...  iAnd it was not peaceful whatsoever!  

Perhaps you joined them while speaker was reciting the masa'ib. 

I walked in and walked right out.  and then some men remove their shirts and beat themselves on their chest VERY HARD to the extent that their skin becomes VERY RED..

So when you walked out how did you know what they did after you left the majlis? 

This whole story shows that you are unaware of why some Shia beat their chest in Muharram ul Haram. 

Have you heard anything about the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام)?

Edited by Cool

14 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

The traditions say: There were 124,000 Prophet.  313 of which were messengers and.  5 of which were ulul-azm. 

And...?

The Qur'an says:

Surah An-Nisa, Verse 59:
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَطِيعُوا اللَّهَ وَأَطِيعُوا الرَّسُولَ وَأُولِي الْأَمْرِ مِنكُمْ فَإِن تَنَازَعْتُمْ فِي شَيْءٍ فَرُدُّوهُ إِلَى اللَّهِ وَالرَّسُولِ إِن كُنتُمْ تُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ ذَٰلِكَ خَيْرٌ وَأَحْسَنُ تَأْوِيلًا

O you who believe! obey Allah and obey the Apostle and those in authority from among you; then if you quarrel about anything, refer it to Allah and the Apostle, if you believe in Allah and the last day; this is better and very good in the end.
(English - Shakir)

This obedience of "ulil amr" is the answer to your "and". Perhaps you would like to assert that Abu Bakr was the "ulil-amr". Lets now see few more verses about whom we should not obey:

وَلَا تُطِعْ مَنْ أَغْفَلْنَا قَلْبَهُ عَن ذِكْرِنَا وَاتَّبَعَ هَوَاهُ وَكَانَ أَمْرُهُ فُرُطًا

18:28 

وَلَا تُطِعِ الْكَافِرِينَ وَالْمُنَافِقِينَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا

33:1

وَلَا تُطِعْ كُلَّ حَلَّافٍ مَّهِينٍ

68:10

فَاصْبِرْ لِحُكْمِ رَبِّكَ وَلَا تُطِعْ مِنْهُمْ آثِمًا أَوْ كَفُورًا

76:24 

There is no place of Abu Bakr here after these verses. A part from that, the authentic traditions do point out who actually are the ulil amr whose obedience is made obligatory on the ummah. This is the authority, the divine selection and the guidance. 

Salamun Alaykum,

firstly I mentioned a few things that I would like to apologize for.

Every single little deficiency I saw in others (In the Shia community) is nothing but a reflection of myself.  I am the one who lacks substance, I am the one who is arrogant.  I was only projecting myself onto everything.  I am angry and I am hateful.  I am ignorant for not witnessing God in every place and in every majlis.  God’s beauty Is everywhere and if I don’t see it, only I am to be blamed.  

I love you all my dear brothers and sisters.      If I have confused anyone, I am truly sorry, it was me that was confused.  Indeed I was the one who was veiled.  There are many many people in the Shia community that remind me of God.  If I don’t see it, it is because I am blind!  There is no where God is not.  I ask God’s forgiveness for my lack of humility and for not seeing Him!  I ask you all to forgive me as well.

take care

Ethereal

Edited by eThErEaL

Depends on how you have offered the salah & with what intention. Lets see few verses for example:

I was talking about the one who sleeps when they should wake up for fajr salaat. That sleeps surely is not better for sincerely salaat.

9 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

I was talking about the one who sleeps when they should wake up for fajr salaat. That sleeps surely is not better for sincerely salaat.

The sleep with certainty is far better than offering salah with doubts. 

Edited by Logic1234
typo

1 hour ago, Abu Nur said:

What is an certainty sleep? 

This was a quote from Nehjul Balagha. When someone mentioned in the presence of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) that a certain Kharijite was known for his long prayers at night. He said "A sleep with certainty is better than a prayer in doubt". 

The sleep of Amirul Mo'mineen a,s at the night of hijrah is an example of sleep with certainty. 

Although a small story, but it possess a big lesson. Lets see the doubts of a scholar and answer given by a person who looks mad:

It is said that one day Abu Hanifah told his companions, “Ja'far bin Muhammad as-Sadiq has stated things that really surprise me. He says that Allah will not be seen in this world as well as the next. How is it possible that a thing exists but cannot be seen?

He also says that Satan will be burnt in the fire of Hell. Now since Satan is made of fire himself how can fire burn fire?

And he also says that people are free in their actions. Though Qur'an says that all actions take place according to the will of Allah.”

This narration shows that Abu Hanifah was convinced that Allah would be seen in the Hereafter, the fire of Hell will not burn Satan and whatever man does, he is helpless in it and Allah is compelling him to perform all actions.

Bohlool was present in the gathering. After listening to all this he picked up a lump of mud and hit Abu Hanifah on the head with it. Abu Hanifah started bleeding from his head and Bohlool ran away from the scene.

Abu Hanifah filed a complaint in the court of law and Bohlool was produced. The judge asked him the reason of such behavior. Bohlool said, “Abu Hanifah has objected to three things, which Imam Ja'far as-Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) had said. By hitting him on his head I have replied to all the three objections. One is that, he says that it is not possible for something to exist and not be seen. Now since he claims that I caused the pain in his head, let him show us that pain. However since the pain cannot be seen, it seems that he is lying, as pain does not exist.

Another thing is that he says since Satan is made of fire, the fire of Hell will not affect him. The lump was of clay and Abu Hanifah is also made of clay, hence how clay has affected clay?

And this gentleman says that man is not having free will and Allah compels him in all actions. Hence hitting him in this manner, according to him is not my own action. Rather it is an act of Allah. Then why is he complaining about me?

In the end Bohlool was released.

1 hour ago, Logic1234 said:

The sleep of Amirul Mo'mineen a,s at the night of hijrah is an example of sleep with certainty. 

And here is the testimony in the words of Imam Ali (عليه السلام):

"I have protected with my life the best man, who has laid his feet on Earth, and the noblest man, who has performed 'Tawaf' of the 'House of Allah' and 'Hajar-I Isma'il'. That dignified person is Muhammad bin Abdullah. And I acted in this way when the unbelievers were plotting against him. At that time the Great Allah protected him from their plot. I remained in his bed from night till morning and kept waiting for the enemy, and prepared myself for captivity and death". (Suyuti has quoted these lines from Ali in his exegesis entitled 'Durre Manthur').

5 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

What is an certainty sleep? 

Salamun Alaykum, 

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) is talking about this:

these are some Hadith from Al-Bokhari..

باب كَانَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم تَنَامُ عَيْنُهُ وَلاَ يَنَامُ قَلْبُهُ

Chapter:
The eyes of the Prophet (saws) used to sleep, but his heart used not to sleep

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْمَاعِيلُ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي أَخِي، عَنْ سُلَيْمَانَ، عَنْ شَرِيكِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ أَبِي نَمِرٍ، سَمِعْتُ أَنَسَ بْنَ مَالِكٍ، يُحَدِّثُنَا عَنْ لَيْلَةِ، أُسْرِيَ بِالنَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم مِنْ مَسْجِدِ الْكَعْبَةِ جَاءَ ثَلاَثَةُ نَفَرٍ قَبْلَ أَنْ يُوحَى إِلَيْهِ، وَهُوَ نَائِمٌ فِي مَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ، فَقَالَ أَوَّلُهُمْ أَيُّهُمْ هُوَ فَقَالَ أَوْسَطُهُمْ هُوَ خَيْرُهُمْ وَقَالَ آخِرُهُمْ خُذُوا خَيْرَهُمْ‏.‏ فَكَانَتْ تِلْكَ، فَلَمْ يَرَهُمْ حَتَّى جَاءُوا لَيْلَةً أُخْرَى، فِيمَا يَرَى قَلْبُهُ، وَالنَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَائِمَةٌ عَيْنَاهُ وَلاَ يَنَامُ قَلْبُهُ وَكَذَلِكَ الأَنْبِيَاءُ تَنَامُ أَعْيُنُهُمْ وَلاَ تَنَامُ قُلُوبُهُمْ، فَتَوَلاَّهُ جِبْرِيلُ ثُمَّ عَرَجَ بِهِ إِلَى السَّمَاءِ‏.‏

I heard Anas bin Malik telling us about the night when the Prophet (ﷺ) was made to travel from the Ka`ba Mosque. Three persons (I.e. angels) came to the Prophet (ﷺ) before he was divinely inspired was an Aspostle), while he was sleeping in Al Masjid-ul-Haram. The first (of the three angels) said, "Which of them is he?" The second said, "He is the best of them." That was all that happened then, and he did not see them till they came at another night and he perceived their presence with his heart, for the eyes of the Prophet (ﷺ) were closed when he was asleep, but his heart was not asleep (not unconscious). This is characteristic of all the Prophets: Their eyes sleep but their hearts do not sleep. Then Gabriel took charge of the Prophet (ﷺ) and ascended along with him to the Heaven.