Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Alireza Yasini

Jesus is mentioned 24 times and Muhammad SAW 4 times

Rate this topic

brother the count of name has no concern with the message mentioned in numerous verses to obey the Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) , you may check it out from the verses of Qur'an

wasalam

I completely agree with the brother but I would like to add a few things. We know that the Qur'an was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) in two ways, instantaneous revelation and gradual revelation. When it was being gradually don't you think if Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) mentioned the Prophet many times in the Qur'an the people would start to think that Prophet only wants his name to be mentioned. Now you might be saying that this is. impossible as the Sahaba would not do such a thing but didn't something similar happen at ghadir khum where the people believed the Prophet only picked his cousin/son based on his own decision when it was Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) who wanted Imam Ali ((عليه السلام)) as the next successor. 

6 hours ago, Alireza Yasini said:

Why is it that Isa(jesus) is mentioned in the Qur'an more than the Prophet Muhammad saw?

Actually every story, events and Prophets mentioned in Qur'an reflects to Prophet Muhammad (saws) and his life. Prophet Musa (عليه السلام) is mentioned most, because his life resemble exactly of Prophet Muhammad (saws).

I will set up a Prophet for them from among their brothers like you, and I will put My words into his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him. Deuteronomy 18:18

Edited by Abu Nur

8 hours ago, Alireza Yasini said:

Why is it that Isa(jesus) is mentioned in the Qur'an more than the Prophet Muhammad saw?

Salam, 

If you can count, I would suggest you to start counting how many times Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) was mentioned in Qur'an by his designation I.e., Rasool, Nabi, Khatam un Nabiyyeen etc. 

Then start counting his titles I.e., warner, witness, bearer of glad tidings, bright lamp, summoner etc.

Then by names TaHa, YaSeen, Muzzammil, Muddathir, Ahmed etc.

1 hour ago, Cool said:

Salam, 

If you can count, I would suggest you to start counting how many times Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) was mentioned in Qur'an by his designation I.e., Rasool, Nabi, Khatam un Nabiyyeen etc. 

Then start counting his titles I.e., warner, witness, bearer of glad tidings, bright lamp, summoner etc.

Then by names TaHa, YaSeen, Muzzammil, Muddathir, Ahmed etc.

I just got owned.........