Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Salam everyone. My name is Alireza I am 23 years old, and I have wanted to go to Qom to study. Do you guys know how long it takes? I am an Iranian but I am raised in Denmark, so I can only speak Farsi I can't write or read Farsi. If I am going to Qom to study do I need to go to the military in two years(sarbaz polis)?

Pls let me know..

On 1/26/2020 at 4:07 AM, Alireza Yasini said:

Salam everyone. My name is Alireza I am 23 years old, and I have wanted to go to Qom to study. Do you guys know how long it takes? I am an Iranian but I am raised in Denmark, so I can only speak Farsi I can't write or read Farsi. If I am going to Qom to study do I need to go to the military in two years(sarbaz polis)?

Pls let me know..

wa alaykum salaam,

How long it takes to study depends on what level you want to study to, and whether you will be going as an iranian or a foreigner (the passport you will be using to apply). Iranians and foreigners go to different hawzas, especially for the "degree" level or the beginner level at the end of which you can be considered a muballigh. As a foreigner, if you speak Farsi, your classes can move somewhat faster (like the classes for afghans and pakistanis, because of the familiarity with Farsi). As a foreigner, you would get admitted under the Al Mustafa University system which runs all the hawzas for foreigners. As an Iranian, you may be eligible for other hawzas too. 

As for military/sarbazi service, normally, if there is a valid reason you have not done it after completing high school, such as being engaged in studies, it will simply be considered postponed. You can also further postpone it once you have admission at a university, and after certain levels of education, you get engaged in a different level of sarbazi service. For example those with qualifications that can be used elsewhere e.g as teachers etc, can serve their military service in such systems. I am also told there is an amount one can pay for an exemption from service, but the Iranians on the site should be able to tell you more about that, or if it is completely true. Also, for each child you have, you get exempted 3 months off service, so if you have about 8 kids (at your age :D) you just need to go declare this, and you are home free.

3 hours ago, habib e najjaar said:

wa alaykum salaam,

How long it takes to study depends on what level you want to study to, and whether you will be going as an iranian or a foreigner (the passport you will be using to apply). Iranians and foreigners go to different hawzas, especially for the "degree" level or the beginner level at the end of which you can be considered a muballigh. As a foreigner, if you speak Farsi, your classes can move somewhat faster (like the classes for afghans and pakistanis, because of the familiarity with Farsi). As a foreigner, you would get admitted under the Al Mustafa University system which runs all the hawzas for foreigners. As an Iranian, you may be eligible for other hawzas too. 

As for military/sarbazi service, normally, if there is a valid reason you have not done it after completing high school, such as being engaged in studies, it will simply be considered postponed. You can also further postpone it once you have admission at a university, and after certain levels of education, you get engaged in a different level of sarbazi service. For example those with qualifications that can be used elsewhere e.g as teachers etc, can serve their military service in such systems. I am also told there is an amount one can pay for an exemption from service, but the Iranians on the site should be able to tell you more about that, or if it is completely true. Also, for each child you have, you get exempted 3 months off service, so if you have about 8 kids (at your age :D) you just need to go declare this, and you are home free.

Thank you so muchhhhhhhh

On 1/26/2020 at 4:14 PM, habib e najjaar said:

wa alaykum salaam,

Have you study Hawza?