Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
AbuDharr

Becoming Shia

Rate this topic

As salamu alaikum,

I'm a brother who has a history in Sunni Islam going back almost 20 years, but have fallen away from religion and faith the past few years. I actually fell into total apostasy though I didn't tell everyone that. 

Ive started to make way back to belief in God, Alhamdulilah...and was close to be baptized a Christian. Then I started looking into Shia Islam, which I had never really given a chance before after being told they're basically kafir, but with an open mind I had look. There I found Shia filling in some points where I thought Sunni Islam weak and also finding in Shia some things I like about Christianity.

I have gone to a local Shia Islamic Center and there's a very nice and helpful Imam there but it's mostly an ethnic scene so far. 

I'm hoping to make some connections here with others who found Shia 

Salaam Alikeum @AbuDharr,

Welcome and please feel free to dive right in. As long as you are respectful you will get a ton of help and understanding here. If you have any time free I would recommend reading a book called "Then I was Guided". A brilliant book and one I read when I first beacon Shia

Its free to download here,

https://www.al-Islam.org/then-I-was-guided-Muhammad-al-tijani-al-samawi

4 hours ago, AbuDharr said:

I'm hoping to make some connections here with others who found Shia

Salam nowadays @Gaius I. Caesar & @Ali-F from reverts are active .

Thank you for your replies.

I have started the Tijani book and hope to finish it soon inshAllah. I also read a well written book by a non Muslim lady called, "After the Prophet". Other than a few problematic statements I'd recommend it. Al-Islam.org has also been a great resource, Alhamdulilah.

I guess I can start by saying the local Shia Imam did invite me tonight to a commemoration of the martyrdom of Lady Fatima...what can expect there?

And I guess by her martyrdom is meant the wounds she received and perhaps eventually died from when Umar broke down the door?

On 1/27/2020 at 2:59 AM, AbuDharr said:

I also read a well written book by a non Muslim lady called, "After the Prophet".

That book by Lesley Hazleton is excellent.

Super - I love it.

You might also like to try "The Heirs of Muhammad" by Barnaby Rogerson.  

salam,

Shi'as were left with two heavy weights. The Qur'an & the AB(عليه السلام)

alhamdulillah.

The abjectness of this path stems from neglecting the Qur'an & trying to dictate to Islam, to guide it instead of succumbing to its dictates.

Mmhh, it is not a picnic & loosing it is so deceitful in the eyes such that when it is lost it seems not so, thinking to be still on in, threading further away.

So whatever fields of interests you have, keep Qur'an as your close friend for it is by it that you can find that other weight in the world where taghut has embraced & is plotting from within, claiming to be a Muslim a scholar, a maolana, a sayid, a Shi'a whilst he's simply taghut+.

enjoy inshaAllah

On 1/26/2020 at 9:59 AM, AbuDharr said:

I guess I can start by saying the local Shia Imam did invite me tonight to a commemoration of the martyrdom of Lady Fatima...what can expect there?

And I guess by her martyrdom is meant the wounds she received and perhaps eventually died from when Umar broke down the door?

On the negative:  You can expect to hear some lies and some partly fabricated stories and some exaggerations.  Take them with a grain of salt.

On the positive:  If you are lucky, you may feel their virtues within you and by remembering the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) you may be able to feel God's Presence even more.    

Salaam brother Abudharr 

if you want to know more about Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) in detail you can visit this website 

and go to the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) section

also if you want to know the tafseer of the Holy Qur'an there's a tafseer section as well on that website.

there you can find renowned books of Shia Muhaddis(theologians) also you can read the sermons of MASOOMEEN (عليه السلام) and there is one Articles section as well there you can find very facinating topics 

Peace