Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Ali Abbas Rizvi said:

would you say Islam man made?

Every religion has parts that are man-made.

The Islam of today also has parts that are man-made.

But the original Islam given to us by our Holy Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) and our Imam (عليه السلام) was not man-made.

' if other religions are man made or distorted', does it really matter? 

If you are talking over a cup of coffee, than that is a different case. 

I am not going to reheat my coffee again - that is what I say! 

Edited by ShiaMahamed

Most religions are distortions of the truth. As we know, Prophets and messengers were sent to all people around the globe to convey the message but all of them have changed it either by reverting to the old ways and mixing old beliefs with the truth, and/or misinterpreting the truth. Islam is unique in the sense that our Qur'an has not changed however even with that, we have many sects and different interpretations of the Qur'an so even a Muslim needs to do research.

There is a fitnah/tribulation for each human, for the Muslims, it's understanding our history and mistrusting the so-called elders of our religion. That said, you need to remove all bias when researching religion otherwise there will always be a veil between you and the Truth.

Edited by A_A

On 1/25/2020 at 11:28 PM, ShiaMahamed said:

Name such as Ali Abbas Rizvi and asking questions such has 'is Islam man made?' 

You need to go to Ziyarah for sure lol

Religions may not have started off as being man-made and obviously as Muslims we don't consider that ours is. However the practice of religion will almost certainly have increasing amounts of man-made elements, they have to since technological evolution requires it.

You may have the best of niyat as to how you apply existing religion to new problems, what principles and people you follow, but that's as far as you can go, In my humble opinion.

I think we should distinguish between the message on the one hand and religion as a structure, comprised of institutions and traditions, on the other.
The message is from Allah and he send his message to the Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him and his family) as he has done to many Prophets through history. The Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him and his family), who was a man, then took the the message of Allah and with that, started the process of creating the religion of Islam. A process that is still on going every time Muslims add to the structure. Like when a new mosque is build, a new charity is formed, a Marja makes a new ruling etc. God is eternal and humans make religion to worship him.

That not being said that religion is not being abused. Most humans are fallible and therefore all religion is subject to corruption. Including Islam. I just hope that the Jafari Madhab is less wrong than Wahabism, but I think that Allah will straighten that out when the day comes.

On 1/26/2020 at 4:43 AM, Ali Abbas Rizvi said:

Is religion man made?

There is only one Truth La ilaha illallah, the purpose of our existence is to accept, understand and realize The Truth, if our religion does not help us to attain the purpose of life then it is man made.

Guest Dark Invader

Darwinist origin of life is imbecilic and unscientific. There is no evidence of ET life as we know life. So assuming religion is man made too then how do you explain life?

On 1/26/2020 at 4:55 AM, Ali Abbas Rizvi said:

would you say Islam man made?

Depends,

If you are following Shia Islam, Sunni Islam, Wahabi Islam, etc. these are the only versions of truth, not the complete truth rather we can say far far away from the truth.

Man made.....

On 2/3/2020 at 2:06 AM, Revert1963 said:

I just hope that the Jafari Madhab is less wrong than Wahabism,

On 2/3/2020 at 6:04 AM, Shahrukh K said:

Depends,

If you are following Shia Islam, Sunni Islam, Wahabi Islam, etc. these are the only versions of truth, not the complete truth rather we can say far far away from the truth.

Man made.....

You both, don't know the ABC of Islam (Madhabs).

Edited by ShiaMahamed

On 2/2/2020 at 8:57 PM, hasanhh said:

0ther than Judaism and lsIam and those that follow the ways of lbrahim -(عليه السلام).  . . . they all are

You know that Judaism does not believe in the final judgement? they doesn't even believe in Hell fire. 

2 hours ago, Revert1963 said:

You know that Judaism does not believe in the final judgement? they doesn't even believe in Hell fire. 

l answered the way l did because of the Commandments.

What you wrote is accurate, as a Babylonian influence of Sheol exists.  A short exlpanation is here:  https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/heaven-and-hell-in-jewish-tradition/   

Quranic: Sura 5.

On 2/4/2020 at 2:25 AM, Revert1963 said:

Same reason I felt surprised. Most extensively human tailored of all divine religions. If it wasn't then there would be no racism in it for one thing. In fact then there would have been no parallel religions of money, greed and mass murder over Israeli interests enforced all over this world.

On 1/26/2020 at 4:13 AM, Ali Abbas Rizvi said:

Is religion man made?

Religion is man made, faith is by birth of humanity. Islam is faith or law of living not a religion as commonly interpreted because I don't see word "religion" or "mazhab" in Qur'an but "Iman" or "Deen". Enlighten me if I'm wrong.