Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
crashproof

Why do Sunni Muslims always say that Shias say bad things about Prophet Muhammad((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى))’s wife(s)?

Rate this topic

Why do Sunni Muslims always say that Shias say bad things about Prophet Muhammad((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى))’s wife(s)?

Is this true? And if so why do we?

Edited by crashproof
Spelling error

2 hours ago, crashproof said:

Because Shias who do curse those close to the Seyyidna Muhammad Mustafa (S) have no decency and respect for him (S).  This is also because in Shiaism love for the him (S) is by and large not emphasized as much as love towards the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام).  But this cursing of the Prophet Muhammad’s (S) wife is very bad manners.  If the Prophet (S) we’re alive with his wife, would one curse his wife in front of him (S)?  If they would do that then them hey should be ashamed of their lack of respect and manners.

Edited by eThErEaL

39 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

Because Shias who do curse those close to the Seyyidna Muhammad Mustafa (S) have no decency and respect for him (S).

Being close in relation doesn't mean they're free from error unless declared by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). 

... From Rafi’ slave of Ayesha, who said: 
I was a young boy serving Ayesha, and when the Prophet was with her, I used to serve them. 
One day, while the Prophet was sitting with Ayesha, someone knocked at the door..... 

... Then the Prophet said, “O Ali, may Allah fight those who fight you, and may Allah be the enemy of your enemies.”

So Ayesha said, “Who will fight him and be his enemy?”

The Prophet replied to her, “You and those with you. You will accept fighting him and will not refuse it.” The Prophet repeated this twice. 

(Al-Yaqeen P61. Ghayatol Maram P16 H18. Kashf Al-Ghomma V1 P343 . Tabari in Besharatol Mustafa P165. Bihar Al-Anwar V38 P351 H3. Misbah Al-Anwar P156.) 

Hence, Ayesha is Imam Ali's (عليه السلام) enemy therefore Allah's (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) enemy. 

The least thing you would do to Ahlul Bayt's (عليهم اسلام) and Allah's (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) enemy - Curse them. 

@crashproof

12 hours ago, crashproof said:

Salam,

Some of us do say bad things about some of the wives of Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). Keeping in view the status of wives of Prophet I.e., "ummul mo'mineen" one should always be cautious and should avoid cursing own mothers or saying bad things about them. 

The least one can do with any enemy of God & His Apostle is that he may not love them or not take them as their friends.

Surah Al-Mujadila, Verse 22:
لَّا تَجِدُ قَوْمًا يُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ يُوَادُّونَ مَنْ حَادَّ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَلَوْ كَانُوا آبَاءَهُمْ أَوْ أَبْنَاءَهُمْ أَوْ إِخْوَانَهُمْ أَوْ عَشِيرَتَهُمْ أُولَٰئِكَ كَتَبَ فِي قُلُوبِهِمُ الْإِيمَانَ وَأَيَّدَهُم بِرُوحٍ مِّنْهُ وَيُدْخِلُهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُوا عَنْهُ أُولَٰئِكَ حِزْبُ اللَّهِ أَلَا إِنَّ حِزْبَ اللَّهِ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ

You shall not find a people who believe in Allah and the latter day befriending those who act in opposition to Allah and His Apostle, even though they were their (own) fathers, or their sons, or their brothers, or their kinsfolk; these are they into whose hearts He has impressed faith, and whom He has strengthened with an inspiration from Him: and He will cause them to enter gardens beneath which rivers flow, abiding therein; Allah is well-pleased with them and they are well-pleased with Him these are Allah's party: now surely the party of Allah are the successful ones.
(English - Shakir)

One always needs to fight with his self by looking at his own actions whether or not he is fighting with the Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) or his Apostle. 

13 hours ago, crashproof said:

we just quote things about what she did from Qur'an and their own sources I mean their books bukhari Muslim which they admit themselves is true but they don’t like that..go look on youtube what they did to one of their own Sunni brother junaid jamshed when he quoted a sahih hadith about ayesha and they beat the crap out of him even though they admit it is a true hadith ,,its just weird and funny they admit its true but they say don’t say that 

10 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Being close in relation doesn't mean they're free from error unless declared by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). 

... From Rafi’ slave of Ayesha, who said: 
I was a young boy serving Ayesha, and when the Prophet was with her, I used to serve them. 
One day, while the Prophet was sitting with Ayesha, someone knocked at the door..... 

... Then the Prophet said, “O Ali, may Allah fight those who fight you, and may Allah be the enemy of your enemies.”

So Ayesha said, “Who will fight him and be his enemy?”

The Prophet replied to her, “You and those with you. You will accept fighting him and will not refuse it.” The Prophet repeated this twice. 

(Al-Yaqeen P61. Ghayatol Maram P16 H18. Kashf Al-Ghomma V1 P343 . Tabari in Besharatol Mustafa P165. Bihar Al-Anwar V38 P351 H3. Misbah Al-Anwar P156.) 

Hence, Ayesha is Imam Ali's (عليه السلام) enemy therefore Allah's (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) enemy. 

The least thing you would do to Ahlul Bayt's (عليهم اسلام) and Allah's (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) enemy - Curse them. 

@crashproof

I am sorry, but why should I accept that hadith as true?

By the way kindly read the following article:

http://english.Khamenei.ir/news/3905/Ayatollah-Khamenei-s-fatwa-Insulting-the-Mother-of-the-Faithful

Ayatollah Khamenei issued a decree wherein he prohibited insult towards Aisha, the wife of Prophet Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)), and any of the figures and symbols celebrated by Sunni brethren.

The Leader of the Islamic Revolution said, in response to a question on religious matters, “Insulting figures and symbols celebrated by Sunni brethren, including the wife of the Prophet of Islam [Aisha] is prohibited. This includes the wives of all Prophets, particularly the master of all Prophets Muhammad (May God’s greetings be upon him and his household).

Fatwa (Islamic ruling) declares that insulting the Mother of the Faithful Aisha is forbidden

In response to a question, where he was asked to comment on insult and use of offensive words against the wife of the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) Aisha, Ayatollah Khamenei issued the decree (fatwa) against insulting Aisha. The question was posed by a group of Shia scholars and intellectuals of Al-Ahsa region in Saudi Arabia.

The question was brought up after a supposed Shia clergyman, who fled to Britain as a refugee, launched a Television channel with the help of the British government; he used his channel to insult Aisha, the Prophet’s wife: the clergyman falsely described his act as Shia belief.

This is not the only case wherein Ayatollah Khamenei has called insulting Aisha and other Sunni sanctities as haram (religiously forbidden).

Western arrogant powers pay their mercenaries to insult the Mother of the Faithful, Aisha

In a meeting with Shia and Sunni clergy in Kermanshah on October 12, 2011, His Eminence Ayatollah Khamenei said: “Preparation in the outer world is another aspect: The devils that attack us will not always attack with the same strategies. The modern day fiends who attack you through internet, satellite channels and highly advanced tools of communication have modern things to articulate with; their hardware and software have been modernized. They create fallacies. They create ideological problems. They give rise to intellectual confusion. They promote despair. They foment discord. I have received reports that petro-dollars are being spent, currently, on certain projects to fuel discord. Often these reports are not made available to the public. On the one hand, they are spending huge amounts of money in order to establish anti-Shia groups among Sunni Muslims in certain Islamic countries. On the other hand, they pay certain so-called Shia preachers to insult and level allegations against the Mother of the Faithful, Aisha, in the name of Shia Islam: these are their methods. As Shia or Sunni Muslims, what do you do when you are faced with these methods? Ultimately, we must not be deceived by what they do: discord among us is the greatest blessing for them.”

Insulting the Prophet's wives equals to insulting the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم))

In a meeting with agents of Sadaf Kowsar Conference, held this year as a tribute to Hazrat Khadija, Ayatollah Khamenei said: “Disrespecting the pure wives of the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) should be avoided. The Prophet’s ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) wives are all respectable; anyone who insults any of them has insulted the Prophet. I resolutely declare this offensive. The commander of the Faithful, Imam Ali ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) treated her eminence Aisha in such a respectful manner. He treated a woman, who had come to fight against him, with the utmost respect because she was the Prophet’s wife; otherwise the Commander of the Faithful (عليه السلام) would not stand on a ceremony with anyone: hence, no such disrespect should ever occur.”

Edited by eThErEaL

4 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

http://english.Khamenei.ir/news/3905/Ayatollah-Khamenei-s-fatwa-Insulting-the-Mother-of-the-Faithful

Salam, 

There are enough valid evidences present in history to identify her as a person who fought war with Imam Ali (عليه السلام), who was jeleous with Ummul Mo'mineen Khadija & Syeda Fatima s.a. There are evidences that the camel rider of Jamal become the mule rider at the event of burial of Imam Hassan (عليه السلام). Her hate of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) has been exposed briefly throughout the history.

Even then I am not of the opinion to curse the one who hold the title of ummul mo'mineen. But I certainly disagree with Ayatullah Ali Khamenei where he said wives of Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) as "pure" giving the impression that the wives comes under the Ayah e Tatheer. 

4 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Disrespecting the pure wives of the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) should be avoided.

5 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

I am sorry, but why should I accept Khamenei's statement over ahadith of Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), Imams of Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام) and other historical events?

The Qur'an describes the following respect and threat to the wives of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)

وَإِن كُنتُنَّ تُرِدْنَ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَالدَّارَ الْآخِرَةَ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ أَعَدَّ لِلْمُحْسِنَاتِ مِنكُنَّ أَجْرًا عَظِيمًا

But if you should desire Allah and His Messenger and the home of the Hereafter - then indeed, Allah has prepared for the doers of good among you a great reward."  (33:29)

وَمَن يَقْنُتْ مِنكُنَّ لِلَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ وَتَعْمَلْ صَالِحًا نُّؤْتِهَا أَجْرَهَا مَرَّتَيْنِ وَأَعْتَدْنَا لَهَا رِزْقًا كَرِيمًا

And whoever of you devoutly obeys Allah and His Messenger and does righteousness - We will give her her reward twice; and We have prepared for her a noble provision. (33:31)

يَا نِسَاءَ النَّبِيِّ مَن يَأْتِ مِنكُنَّ بِفَاحِشَةٍ مُّبَيِّنَةٍ يُضَاعَفْ لَهَا الْعَذَابُ ضِعْفَيْنِ ۚ وَكَانَ ذَٰلِكَ عَلَى اللَّهِ يَسِيرًا

O wives of the Prophet, whoever of you should commit a clear immorality - for her the punishment would be doubled two fold, and ever is that, for Allah , easy. (33:30)

Regards

@Sirius_Bright   @crashproof

Edited by Muslim2010

23 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Because Shias who do curse those close to the Seyyidna Muhammad Mustafa (S) have no decency and respect for him (S).  This is also because in Shiaism love for the him (S) is by and large not emphasized as much as love towards the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام).  But this cursing of the Prophet Muhammad’s (S) wife is very bad manners.  If the Prophet (S) we’re alive with his wife, would one curse his wife in front of him (S)?  If they would do that then them hey should be ashamed of their lack of respect and manners.

On the contrary, we have more respect for him (sawas) than Sunnis because we believe in infallibility whereas youse don’t. Youse even believe that he committed errors such as frowning upon a blind man or being corrected by Umar more than once. As Shia Muslims, we believe him to be infallible.

how are we supposed to respect Aisha and at the same time respect Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام)? I am not talking about cursing, just pure criticism.

some Sunnis need to stop saying that we love the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) more than the Prophet (sawas) because it is contradictory. The Prophet was one of the members and the first member of the Household, so when we do talk about Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام),he (sawas) is included. Loving the Household members, which excludes his wives is equivalent to loving the messenger of Allah (sawas)

2 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

On the contrary, we have more respect for him (sawas) than Sunnis because we believe in infallibility whereas youse don’t. Youse even believe that he committed errors such as frowning upon a blind man or being corrected by Umar more than once. As Shia Muslims, we believe him to be infallible.how are we supposed to respect Aisha and at the same time respect Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام)? I am not talking about cursing, just pure criticism.

I grew up a Shia, and I understand VERY WELL your points.  Even Traditional Sunnis regard him (S) as “Masum” (but ma’sum does not mean “infallible” but “protected by God”). One can still make errors and display ignorance that have good and beneficial consequences at the level of ones “bashariyyah” and still be protected with respect his or her “Ruh”.  To conflate the Prophet’s (Ruh) Or Reality with his (S) Bashariy manifestation is a lack of discernment.  This turns into a kind of shirk, where you might as well call this a belief in a Demi-God.  Many Shias are like those Christians who fail to discern between Jesus in his human manifestation and the Jesus in whom there is the Divine Spirit.  Even Khomeini (May God be pleased with him) said that many Shia Twelvers are like Christians who believe in intercession just like The mistaken ones of Christianity do.  Think about this.

some Sunnis need to stop saying that we love the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) more than the Prophet (sawas) because it is contradictory. The Prophet was one of the members and the first member of the Household, so when we do talk about Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام),he (sawas) is included. Loving the Household members, which excludes his wives is equivalent to loving the messenger of Allah (sawas)

Why waste time over semantics? 

I can only speak from my personal experience growing up around Shias...The Presence of the Prophet (S) is severely lacking.  When I go to a Sunni mosque and see Sunnis praying their Sunnah prayers and their beards and I see them doing wudhu sitting down, when I see them recite the Qur'an in their prayers, when I see their plain walls without any “red and black banners of of images of swords dripping with blood”, then to me this is a manifestation of PURE MUHAMMADIY Islam, the Islam of beauty, peace, and presence.  I can feel the Prophet’s (S) presence in that atmosphere far more than in any Shia community Center.  In the Shia community centers you would hear people beating themselves, Combining their prayers, crying and you see black walls with images of swords dripping with blood and then you have the Hindu like miniature “shrines” or “replicas”... and then rather than talk about substantive things like God and His mercy and love, many Shia lecturers Tend to talk about How they are right and Sunnis are wrong (they think they know it all and have the best arguments, but I see this as arrogance and lack of openmindedness).   All this doesn’t reflect the Prophet Muhammad Mustafa (S).  Yes, I love the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) and it is because I love them (عليه السلام) that I I prefer to follow the Sunnah of The Prophet (S).  

I have tried to give the benefit of the doubt many times, I have tried my best and to defend Shiasm in my heart, but when I see what is it worth and it’s current manifestation, I can’t anymore. sorry.  I am now part of Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah (Alhamdulillah).  I made my conversion official thanks to you all.  

Edited by eThErEaL

25 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

I grew up a Shia,

I have tried to give the benefit of the doubt many times, I have tried my best and to defend Shiasm in my heart, but when I see what is it worth and it’s current manifestation, I can’t anymore. sorry.  I am now part of Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah (Alhamdulillah).  I made my conversion official thanks to you all.  

did you also say this to your family?  Somehow I will feel relieved if you say no.

1 minute ago, 000 said:

did you also say this to your family?  Somehow I will feel relieved if you say no.

I don’t want to cause fitnah. I will still attend the Shia programs for the sake of unity, for the sake of our Prophet (S) and for the sake of the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام).  I will still pray Jaferi with those who are Jaferi.  

1 minute ago, eThErEaL said:

I don’t want to cause fitnah. I will still attend the Shia programs for the sake of unity, for the sake of our Prophet (S) and for the sake of the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام).  I will still pray Jaferi with those who are Jaferi.  

I come from the family that traditionally and genetically was part of the order of Imam al Haddad. I think something bad happened (disunity and other bad things caused by it) when my family was openly saying that we are Shia.

4 minutes ago, 000 said:

I come from the family that traditionally and genetically was part of the order of Imam al Haddad. I think something bad happened (disunity and other bad things caused by it) when my family was openly saying that we are Shia.

You are lucky mashallah because that would make you a Ba-Alawiyyah.  (You are a descendent from the family of the Prophet Muhammad (S).  Why did your family become Shias?

3 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

You are lucky mashallah because that would make you a Ba-Alawiyyah.  (You are a descendent from the family of the Prophet Muhammad (S).  Why did your family become Shias?

one thing for sure it had something to do with Islamic Revolution in Iran, basically they were inspired by the rising of an Islamic state. But I can say more radical speculative thing in private message if you want.

Edited by 000

7 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

I am now part of Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah (Alhamdulillah).  I made my conversion official thanks to you all.  

Ma-sha Allah!

So who is your Imam now?

Just now, Cool said:

Good! So when there appears a Person name Muhammad Al-Mehdi ajtf before your this "I AM", whom would you prefer to choose? 

there is no “When” with respect to “I AM”.  There is only One Eternal NOW.

Just now, eThErEaL said:

there is no “When” with respect to “I AM”.  There is only One Eternal NOW.

Imagine you are living in the times of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) or Imam Ali (عليه السلام), living & preaching before your this "I AM". Teaching so many "I Am's" the book & the wisdom, whom would you listen to? This "I AM" or to Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)?

1 minute ago, Cool said:

Imagine you are living in the times of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) or Imam Ali (عليه السلام), living & preaching before your this "I AM". Teaching so many "I Am's" the book & the wisdom, whom would you listen to? This "I AM" or to Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)?

I AM.

On 1/26/2020 at 9:48 PM, eThErEaL said:

I mean I AM.

Ok, you know better what do you mean by "I AM" if it is something other than Allah.

On 1/26/2020 at 9:55 PM, Cool said:

Ok, you know better what do you mean by "I AM" if it is something other than Allah.

I AM is I AM

8 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Shia lecturers Tend to talk about How they are right and Sunnis are wrong (they think they know it all and have the best arguments, but I see this as arrogance and lack of openmindedness).

Unfortunately we do have an issue within our communities and centers, mainly due to a heightened cultural influence, and that is where you and brothers of your like would come in and revolutionize and revert all lacking areas to true Muhammadiyn Islam.

I have tried to give the benefit of the doubt many times, I have tried my best and to defend Shiasm in my heart, but when I see what is it worth and it’s current manifestation, I can’t anymore. sorry.

An intelligent and well versed individual as yourself couldn't just possibly leave Shia Islam due to its practitioners committing a disservice or not portraying the sect of the Ahlul Bayt in the manner in which it is supposed to be. Rather I would assume that you instead would be motivated to play a grand role, with the brothers and sisters who hold the same grievances as you do in regards to majalis, and fight to reform the centers and revert them back to the true depiction of The Prophet and his immaculate progeny.

Honestly brother, and with all due respect, your issues as you have portrayed them seem to be completely anecdotal. concerning your demographic and the cultural climate that influences the Shia centers in your area, as well as the opposite when it comes to Sunni Mosques; these are most definitely things that should be taken into consideration, and by no means a defying factor in ones conversion.

Perhaps you can shed light on what issues pertaining to Shia Islam caused you to move towards Ahlul-Sunnah respectively; as in when discussing matters of creed and ones conversion, anecdotal instances have no place rationally speaking.

Edited by Mohammad313Ali

When I go to a Sunni mosque and see Sunnis praying their Sunnah prayers and their beards and I see them doing wudhu sitting down, when I see them recite the Qur'an in their prayers, when I see their plain walls without any “red and black banners of of images of swords dripping with blood”, then to me this is a manifestation of PURE MUHAMMADIY Islam, the Islam of beauty, peace, and presence.  I can feel the Prophet’s (S) presence in that atmosphere far more than in any Shia community Center.

And when you see them ignoring the command "man kunto mowla" or making utmost efforts in twisting the meanings of "mowla". And when you listen to them praising Muawiyah and its likes. And when you see their inability to distinguish between truth & falsehood. And when you see them mixing up truth & falsehood.

It all reminds you the Sunnah & teachings of Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)

It is not possible for a person who has truly found the path of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) to quit. 

Anyone claiming to have quit following them has never reached to their path.

3 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

I AM that I AM

وَلَا تُطِعْ مَنْ أَغْفَلْنَا قَلْبَهُ عَن ذِكْرِنَا وَاتَّبَعَ هَوَاهُ وَكَانَ أَمْرُهُ فُرُطًا

18:28 

"You Are" cannot be the "I Am" because of the bolded parts in above verse.

إِنَّمَا وَلِيُّكُمُ اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا الَّذِينَ يُقِيمُونَ الصَّلَاةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ الزَّكَاةَ وَهُمْ رَاكِعُونَ

5:55

"You Are" cannot be the "I AM" because you need to follow "your" Wali.